Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not talking about just DL. They've sent Zoya, Allesandro, Ruby Wing, and Incoco since I've been with BB. I don't know about tenoverten. I would have been happy to sample any of those. If they had ever sent DL I would have been happy with that, too.
tenoverten polish is great. It's a nice nail salon near my apartment. I love going there and the polish lasts forever. I would LOVE if BB sent those out in our boxes.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by basementsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! This is more insightful that the CS answer of "soon." I'm impatient, darn it! :)

I believe they do. I'm more invested in the code (obviously!) but I'm fairly sure you get both.
Oh, that'd be cool! The lipstick I'm wearing on any given day always travels to the bottom of my purse, so a little keychain holder would be nice.

They sent mine about two weeks into the 14th month.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not talking about just DL. They've sent Zoya, Allesandro, Ruby Wing, and Incoco since I've been with BB. I don't know about tenoverten. I would have been happy to sample any of those. If they had ever sent DL I would have been happy with that, too.
tenoverten polish is great. It's a nice nail salon near my apartment. I love going there and the polish lasts forever. I would LOVE if BB sent those out in our boxes.

Oh, sounds fantastic! I'd love to try it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They also have etoile on BB, don't know if they've ever sent that one out either. LAQA & Co. has polish, too. I would much rather have tried that than the lippie I received. Even if they do decide to sample it, I probably won't get it since I just took polish off my profile.

Did anyone get the email with the code BUY35EXTRA50? Get 50 points for spending $35 on July products, good until July 28? I put the No 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect and the bobby pins which is $37 but it says code isn't valid.

Oops wrong code. It is BUY35EXTRA50

Got my BB order in today.  I got a different mystery pick two than others I have seen posted.  I got a Karuna Hydrating treatment mask and Algenist Firming and Lifting cream.

Purchased both with my 3 month 20% off discount, plus 100 birchbox points, $15.80. Can't wait!
I was planning on getting them both but I own so many products featured already😋 Still waiting on one of my boxes anyway so there's some excitement left this month!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my BB order in today.  I got a different mystery pick two than others I have seen posted.  I got a Karuna Hydrating treatment mask and Algenist Firming and Lifting cream.

looks like the algenist was the deluxe sample and the karuna was the regular.

which makes me super bitter because in my october bb from last year, the karuna was the "deluxe" item. Seriously, it was the only item in my box that was worth more than $2. The box value was a total of like $12, with the $7 Karuna mask >|

Aww that sucks.  I would be bitter too!  Thanks for clarifying that the mystery pick twos were one deluxe and one regular.  If I read or heard that previously I forgot before my order came!  But I have another order coming and did the mystery pick two again so I will see what that gets me.

How was the mask?  I am kind of afraid of sheets masks.  There is the whole serial killer look, then I worry about my skin feeling like it can't breathe/smothering.  Yeah I am weird.  I cannot wear foundation for this very reason.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

looks like the algenist was the deluxe sample and the karuna was the regular.

which makes me super bitter because in my october bb from last year, the karuna was the "deluxe" item. Seriously, it was the only item in my box that was worth more than $2. The box value was a total of like $12, with the $7 Karuna mask >|

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i went to their tribeca location once. it was a pleasant experience but i never returned since they believe in air drying your nails. ain't nobody got time for that, lol

i went to their tribeca location once. it was a pleasant experience but i never returned since they believe in air drying your nails. ain't nobody got time for that, lol
They use the quick dry drops, which dries my nails as fast as the uv lamp/fan does. I prefer it since I hate those nail dryers anyway especially after reading about a higher number of women getting skin cancer on the back of their hands due to the uv exposure from those things. Scary.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They use the quick dry drops, which dries my nails as fast as the uv lamp/fan does. I prefer it since I hate those nail dryers anyway especially after reading about a higher number of women getting skin cancer on the back of their hands due to the uv exposure from those things. Scary.
oh they didn't use it when i went there last year. they made me sit still for 45 minutes to let it air dry. that kinda pissed me off. i use the sephora by opi air drops on my nails since i have no patience for drying.

oh they didn't use it when i went there last year. they made me sit still for 45 minutes to let it air dry. that kinda pissed me off. i use the sephora by opi air drops on my nails since i have no patience for drying.
Oh, that would drive me *nuts*! One of the reasons I would get my nails done rather than doing them myself is because I expect salons to HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY to speed things along. When I get pedis, I go for the UV light because I get them very rarely, and I figure that between my mother growing up downriver from a nuclear plant, spending a lot of my own formative years in that town, my father being exposed to Agent Orange and who knows what else during Vietnam, and the rest of the family's history with cancer (I have one cousin who actually CAUGHT CANCER FROM A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT SHE RECEIVED IN HER SUCCESSFUL BATTLE AGAINST ANOTHER CANCER. Seriously, who has ever heard of that happening before?), I *will* get cancer. It's just a lottery to see which one at this point.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww that sucks.  I would be bitter too!  Thanks for clarifying that the mystery pick twos were one deluxe and one regular.  If I read or heard that previously I forgot before my order came!  But I have another order coming and did the mystery pick two again so I will see what that gets me.

How was the mask?  I am kind of afraid of sheets masks.  There is the whole serial killer look, then I worry about my skin feeling like it can't breathe/smothering.  Yeah I am weird.  I cannot wear foundation for this very reason.
I...actually don't even remember. I held onto it for a few months, and I can't remember if I used it or I used this other face mask my friend gave me. I'm pretty sure I did use it because I don't have it and I know I didn't trade it.

Clearly it couldn't have been that great if I don't remember anything about it LOL

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 CAUGHT CANCER FROM A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT SHE RECEIVED IN HER SUCCESSFUL BATTLE AGAINST ANOTHER CANCER. Seriously, who has ever heard of that happening before?)
Did she have whole body irradiation before the transplant (it suppresses the whole body's immune system to help prevent a transplant rejection) or radiation therapy along with the transplant?  We've discussed it in radiation science and protection classes--it isn't unheard of.  Late effects of cancer treatment, especially in the young, can often include...cancer.  There are some pretty sweet new technologies, but yea, treatment is no joke.

Did she have whole body irradiation before the transplant (it suppresses the whole body's immune system to help prevent a transplant rejection) or radiation therapy along with the transplant?  We've discussed it in radiation science and protection classes--it isn't unheard of.  Late effects of cancer treatment, especially in the young, can often include...cancer.  There are some pretty sweet new technologies, but yea, treatment is no joke.
She had the kills-all-your-own-bone-marrow treatment. This new cancer is... Genetic? I can't remember the word my aunt used. It's a bone marrow thing, at any rate, which is how they know it came from the donor marrow. The donor was her brother, which adds a whole separate layer of fun to the proceedings, but it's looking like there are two versions of the cancer, fast-acting and could-take-decades-if-not-longer, and she has the one that could take decades to really do anything.

So I realize this is a bit late (since it's August already!) but I finally got around to using the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream. I thought it would be too heavy but it felt really light on my skin and not greasy at all. So I was happy last night! But when I woke up this morning, my face was swollen and puffy, especially my cheeks. Did this happen to anyone else? My face isn't itchy or anything, just swollen! Eek!

So I realize this is a bit late (since it's August already!) but I finally got around to using the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream. I thought it would be too heavy but it felt really light on my skin and not greasy at all. So I was happy last night! But when I woke up this morning, my face was swollen and puffy, especially my cheeks. Did this happen to anyone else? My face isn't itchy or anything, just swollen! Eek!
I got this and just barely got around to using it this past week, i loved how quickly it absorbed. The next day my face was just soft, not swollen. Sorry you had bad results!

Mine did almost the same thing except my reaction happened mere seconds after applying it. Boo!

Back