Birchbox Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you loved the Atelier Cologne in Cedrat Enivrant and plan on making a Sephora order soon it is one of the 3 free available samples.  It looks like it is not in one of the sprayers that has a top though, just the pop off kind.

Birchbox won't send me a new Endless Love polish because:

"we are unable to reship the nail polish (we can only reship entire products not components)"

which I think means, they could replace the whole box but not the individual polish. which is a bummer. 

does anyone know if there's a way to get generic nail polish wands so I can make the polish usable? 

"we are unable to reship the nail polish (we can only reship entire products not components)"

which I think means, they could replace the whole box but not the individual polish. which is a bummer. 

does anyone know if there's a way to get generic nail polish wands so I can make the polish usable? 
Julep has some..

I'd just get a bottle of clear nail polish, wipe the brush with some polish remover and use that. IF you can find one which fits your bottle, if the cap was damaged.

Otherwise, if you only need A brush, I'd buy clear nail polish at the drugstore and use that brush after cleaning it. It should be just fine.

I've been using my stuff from this box for a bit now.

Shortly after I said I had no use for the beach spray, I got sick of messing with straightening my hair and started using it, and I like it afterall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The eyeliner, while pretty, is a little disappointing because it disappears from my waterline almost immediately. Still good for upper lid! I just really wanted that color on my waterline!

I'm surprised at how much I enjoy the perfume actually. The only thing I haven't touched yet from the box is the polish. I shall get to them (maybe....may just go on the trade list unless I get inspired). But everything else I am pleased with!

I can't remember what I wrote to them to get a replacement polish but my problem was the same as yours, the brush hairs were ridiculously wild. I don't think I asked for a replacement brush, but I do remember that the polish was basically unusable and I probably told them that. This kind of made me panic and I went to check my other Ruffians, and thankfully their brushes are all okay. I do love the polish they replaced so I'm keeping the first one as a backup, then when I finish the one with the good brush I can just switch it over :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh wow, my second Modern Mermaid box should be here tomorrow.. YAY! It may take the sting out of the Nicky Hilton Fancy box which I wasn't able to cancel ( because I am stupid and forgot ).

There's been a change to one of the products in the Modern Mermaid box.

It's the hair sea salt spray. The first one was by a company I didn't know.

Now, they are putting a Devines product in the box and it's larger sized and comes in a plastic spray bottle. Easier for the beach and pool.

It has the name " This is a Sea Salt Spray". I am not kidding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone wants a spare kit, now would be a great time to order

There's been a change to one of the products in the Modern Mermaid box.

It's the hair sea salt spray. The first one was by a company I didn't know.

Now, they are putting a Devines product in the box and it's larger sized and comes in a plastic spray bottle. Easier for the beach and pool.

It has the name " This is a Sea Salt Spray". I am not kidding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone wants a spare kit, now would be a great time to order
Eekkk I am so enabled. That awkward moment you are about to place a huge order with BB only to realize you are 5 points away from ace. I loved my original modern mermaid box but the captain Blankenship smell was not for me. Hoping it is still around next month because I love Davines but really want that ace mystery pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@SophiaRae, heads up, I've been hearing the Aces Pack isn't really worth it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you have a 20% off code you can use, I'd go with that & just the regular ol mystery pack!
Thanks for the heads up Rachel. Went ahead and ordered my box with giftcards and 20% off code ^^ Excited to try out the new sea salt spray
Edit: forgot to say this earlier but when I placed my order the pop up for sharing it on social media has sold out over the picture of the MM box. Not sure if that is normal, don't remember if I got that message last time I ordered it, but just wanted to give the heads up incase anyone else is thinking of re-ordering one too.

Thanks for the heads up Rachel. Went ahead and ordered my box with giftcards and 20% off code ^^ Excited to try out the new sea salt spray

Edit: forgot to say this earlier but when I placed my order the pop up for sharing it on social media has sold out over the picture of the MM box. Not sure if that is normal, don't remember if I got that message last time I ordered it, but just wanted to give the heads up incase anyone else is thinking of re-ordering one too.
It had a sold out sign on it when it was first available. I was convinced I had scored the last one in late June, ROFLOL. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Womp womp I received my rebought MM box today and sadly no Davines. I guess they got the captain Blankenship back in stock. Oh well, I totally scored with my pick two. A full size stila lippie and a sample of theBalm How about them apples. Yay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had this box for a while now, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE the Anastasia Lash Genius. I always find mascara in a formula/brush I love, but they don't seem to sell it in the waterproof variety. Which is a must have for me if I am going to wear mascara. I like it because it makes any mascara flake free and waterproof and it's easier to get off than regular waterproof mascara. The final two products that I use every day are the Coola lip balm and Stephanie Johnson mirror. I threw the mirror in my bag for my best friends wedding and I asked her sister to watch my bag for me while I went to go help with something and I came back and she admitted she thought of swiping it for herself!

Back