Birchbox Man December 2013 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Box #7 yay! I think he'll use everything, even the after shave - he's only 4 days away from shaving! 

Mr. Disco got the Billy Jealousy moisturizer in his box last month and I ended up getting him a full size last week because he loved it so much.  It was pretty good quality and scent reminds us of the Coolaulin conditioner from Lush.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mr. Disco got the Billy Jealousy moisturizer in his box last month and I ended up getting him a full size last week because he loved it so much.  It was pretty good quality and scent reminds us of the Coolaulin conditioner from Lush.
My bf loved that moisturizer too!

He's getting the bleeping bow tie!!!!  OMG I can't wait to see his face he will think it's an April's fool trick.

ETA: I shouldn't complain...there's six items and at least 4 are things he uses and loves to get in his boxes.  but a bow tie!!! lol good thing its a clip on or the poor cat would end up in it

My boyfriend's getting the socks and boot laces.  He doesn't have boots but the socks look nice and i'm sure he'll find something to do with the laces.  With those two things and the four samples (proraso shave cream and aftershave, go24-7 body wash, american crew alternator [that will probably be used on the kids' hair]) he'll be happy.  He shaves the old fashioned way with a safety razor, brush, and cup so the shave gear is great for him.

THANK GOD HE DIDN'T GET THE RUBBER WATCH!!

I went back through all the boxes and it looked like they'd actually reduced the number of boxes that had the watch and increased the number with socks in them.  I was kind of hoping he'd get the hat, but oh well.  Better the socks than the "watch.
We got the same box. Hurray for no watch!!!

We got the same box. Hurray for no watch!!!
Box triplets! I think my husband will like his box. Although, I was kind of hoping for one with the lip balm or the "lipstick" as my husband would call it. He is a non-native English speaker and so he calls all lip products "lipstick." :laughing:

My Sweet Husband is getting the Roosevelt Cap, he will be so happy! I think this is a just right gift for him!

Mr. Disco got the Billy Jealousy moisturizer in his box last month and I ended up getting him a full size last week because he loved it so much.  It was pretty good quality and scent reminds us of the Coolaulin conditioner from Lush
lol.. maybe I should hide the Billy Jealousy Moisturizer... Don't want him to use my points on him.. ja ja  j.k.  It's good to know - I myself am a Lush fan!
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  He's getting the bleeping bow tie!!!!  OMG I can't wait to see his face he will think it's an April's fool trick.

ETA: I shouldn't complain...there's six items and at least 4 are things he uses and loves to get in his boxes.  but a bow tie!!! lol good thing its a clip on or the poor cat would end up in it
the bow tie is adorable!!! love the color if it comes in gray but I know my Hubs does not have the build to make this one look good so I'm glad he didn't get that one..

So my husband is getting the rubber watch bracelet which he will not wear, but he would actually love the bow tie (he wears them all the time). Anyone want to trade? Please?!

Dodged a bullet on this one, Mr Biker is getting the boot socks!  Perfect for a guy who wears motorcycle boots with everything.

annnnnd i'm pretty sure this is the LAST box we will be receiving from Birchbox man. Seriously? A fake rubber box?! What grown man would actually think this is a good idea? He is also getting the shoe-shine wipes, but he may use those on work trips at least.

My husband actually was really hoping for the bow-tie, so if anyone does want to swap! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

seriously, the boxes have been SUCKING & the only reason we haven't unsubscribed is because we keep forgetting to. at least last month we got a "refund" since he got a double sample. Also, we were unable to use our year subscription coupon code because the website wouldn't let us & customer service completely ignored our email/request. Customer support has been HORRIBLE when multiple things are coming damaged/ruined beyond repair & then no follow up at all with it until I actually complained two weeks later. 

sorry for the rant, just completely annoyed with how much it has gone down hill, one of the reasons I unsubscribed in April. Now we just have points to use up & be done with it...

Quote: Originally Posted by audiolove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  annnnnd i'm pretty sure this is the LAST box we will be receiving from Birchbox man. Seriously? A fake rubber box?! What grown man would actually think this is a good idea? He is also getting the shoe-shine wipes, but he may use those on work trips at least.

My husband actually was really hoping for the bow-tie, so if anyone does want to swap! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

seriously, the boxes have been SUCKING & the only reason we haven't unsubscribed is because we keep forgetting to. at least last month we got a "refund" since he got a double sample. Also, we were unable to use our year subscription coupon code because the website wouldn't let us & customer service completely ignored our email/request. Customer support has been HORRIBLE when multiple things are coming damaged/ruined beyond repair & then no follow up at all with it until I actually complained two weeks later. 

sorry for the rant, just completely annoyed with how much it has gone down hill, one of the reasons I unsubscribed in April. Now we just have points to use up & be done with it...
icon_evil.gif

I am new to Birchbox and this will be my first box.
Can someone please tell me how to check to see what I will be getting?

I know it takes the fun out of it, but I am hoping I don't get that damn watch!

I am new to Birchbox and this will be my first box. Can someone please tell me how to check to see what I will be getting? I know it takes the fun out of it, but I am hoping I don't get that damn watch!
If you are signed in click "boxes" on the top and then "men's box" and it should show you what you are getting!

Quote: Originally Posted by QueerAsFcuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am new to Birchbox and this will be my first box.
Can someone please tell me how to check to see what I will be getting?

I know it takes the fun out of it, but I am hoping I don't get that damn watch!
Typically your first box is a Welcome Box and does not include items from the current months selections. There is somewhat of a delay in being able to see your items sometimes but you are more than likely not going to get any of the advertised items for December and, therefore, should be able to avoid the watch. Your following boxes will include the regular monthly selections. Hope that makes sense. 

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are signed in click "boxes" on the top and then "men's box" and it should show you what you are getting!

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Typically your first box is a Welcome Box and does not include items from the current months selections. There is somewhat of a delay in being able to see your items sometimes but you are more than likely not going to get any of the advertised items for December and, therefore, should be able to avoid the watch. Your following boxes will include the regular monthly selections. Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks loves! <3

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought only gift subs had a welcome box?  My husband's first box was last month and he got the regular November box.

Back