Birchbox Man: September Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, just checked out which box he is getting and it's the x-large undies. You'd think they're ask waist size AND shirt size because some of us have men shaped like ice cream cones!

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha, just checked out which box he is getting and it's the x-large undies. You'd think they're ask waist size AND shirt size because some of us have men shaped like ice cream cones!
Yes!  I always tell him my butt makes up for the non-existent butt that he has.  
biggrin.gif

My bf is getting box 2 - he's not too happy about it this month.  He's mad about the hair gel, he was like "Do they not read our profiles, I stated AFRICAN AMERICAN hair texture, why would I use gel!" And the boxers won't fit him, so two of the products are useless.  He did however sign himself up for Urban Box - he got it last week.  He said the samples we're ok, he did like that they were all the same "theme" - this month was shower gels.

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bf is getting box 2 - he's not too happy about it this month.  He's mad about the hair gel, he was like "Do they not read our profiles, I stated AFRICAN AMERICAN hair texture, why would I use gel!" And the boxers won't fit him, so two of the products are useless.  He did however sign himself up for Urban Box - he got it last week.  He said the samples we're ok, he did like that they were all the same "theme" - this month was shower gels.
Yeah I was wondering that too. I will definitely check out Urban Box! 

Well darn.  It looks like he's getting box #6 which isn't too bad, but actually received the John Varvatos sample in my BB a while back when they thought it'd be a good idea to include it as an extra in our box.  He didn't like it then...has anybody ever traded items from a BB Man?

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well darn.  It looks like he's getting box #6 which isn't too bad, but actually received the John Varvatos sample in my BB a while back when they thought it'd be a good idea to include it as an extra in our box.  He didn't like it then...has anybody ever traded items from a BB Man?
I've traded an item from one of my BF's boxes, he's tried and liked just about everything. I've also traded for several BBM items he said he wanted more of. If you put them on your trade list, you never know!

Ok, so he tried on the XL undies and they do run a bit tight...which I have no problem with, since it, uh, showcases the goods *wink wink*. He was pretty happy with everything and if there is a God in heaven he will bring the *Balla Powder* with him to softball practice!

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so he tried on the XL undies and they do run a bit tight...which I have no problem with, since it, uh, showcases the goods *wink wink*. He was pretty happy with everything and if there is a God in heaven he will bring the *Balla Powder* with him to softball practice!
spoiler pics please? 
hehe.gif

Does anyone's tracking work? I've got nothing (I'm starting to get super irritated with the shipping situation!).

Boyfriend's box came in. He loves everything, except the hair cream just because he doesn't style his short hair.

Funny story: My boyfriend was reading the card and pronounced gingham "jing-ham" (like ham and cheese). And then said, "What the hell is jingham?" Wish I was videotaping. 

Hubby got his box today amd his undies are a MEDIUM and he is so NOT a medium. He needs and XL !

The boyfran got his box yesterday! Box number: 

#7, per Zadidoll's list:

1202.jpg

Contents:

• Oribe Ultra Gentle Shampoo
  • Oribe Ultra Gentle Conditioner
  • Me Undies Boxer Briefs (Gingham & Navy)
  • Bálla Powder
  • C.O. BIGELOW Mentha Lip Balm Stick SPF 15

He hasn't tried the Shampoo/Conditioner yet, but he is excited as he hasn't received a shampoo product yet.

He likes the lip balm. He is a Burt's Bees kind of guy, so the fact that this feels like Burt's bee's menthol on steroids, that's a plus for him! Plus i stole his late lip balm haha.

He likes the briefs as he wears those under his work pants. He said these were the right length and waist, but, and i quote (WHITED OUT AS THIS MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME: "They must think I have the dick of a 7 year old boy" Haha, hopefully they expand in the crotch-el region more over time!

Finally, the Balla Powder.. WE HAVE A WINNER. I'm going to white the following out too because it also could be offensive: My boyfriend always sweats at work and his..ahem..boys tend to stick a lot too. When he got this in his box, I basically ripped his pants off because i was so excited to be holding a product that may give him relief from his sticky ball hell! Sorry if this is getting to be TMI, but this stuff really does it's job. His balls didn't stick to his legs AT ALL. He had it on all day sweating at work today and it held up ALL DAY. Plus, it smells wonderful. He's excited to use it on his arm pits too.This was both of our favorite products.
This actually turned out to be his favorite box so far, and we have been on since day one. We're getting the powder in full size.

Keep bringing on the great boxes, Birchbox Man!

He received his box today and of course had to try on the Me Undies. He likes them a lot, and the xl fit well because they do run tighter. I think he may buy more pairs of boxer briefs since they hide better under his clothes. Generally he has his boxers hanging outside the waistband of his pants, and these don't do that. The one thing I was a little surprised on is the fact they only sent one pair. On birchbox.com under his box it says "Me Undies Gingham & Navy" made me think he would get both the gingham and the navy. I mean, if you were to buy both pairs that is how they are listed (Gingham & Navy). For one pair, they didn't really have to mention the color (like the socks never mentioned what color you'd get), or they should have just said "navy/white gingham." If they did send both pairs it wouldn't have been odd considering a few months back some people got those watches (while his box contained a couple sets of cheap cards!). Was I the only one that thought this? He didn't care at all, and again was pleased with his box. 

Edit: He just told me the me undies have no pee flap so those are a no go for him.

My bf loves the undies--he says they are really soft...and I think they are pretty lol. 

However, the card we got with our box was not what was actually in the box; he was a little upset to read that he was getting a shampoo/conditioner and a face wash, and not get either of those items. Had the card not matched, but had the same number of items, I don't know that he would have noticed or cared, but the card listed 6 items and he only got four -- kinda hard to miss. I've emailed BB, so we'll see what they say on that front. The undies and the Balla powder were on the card and in the box, so those were the same, but regardless, it was a little frustrating.  I don't know why this keeps happening with the BBM boxes!

I am laughing so hard at everyone's boxer and ball powder stories! I know I've been following him around the house like a crazy...'Did you use it?? Did you use it?? OMG use it! DO IT!' And he must have felt like piece of meat when tried the undies on. I love it!

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He received his box today and of course had to try on the Me Undies. He likes them a lot, and the xl fit well because they do run tighter. I think he may buy more pairs of boxer briefs since they hide better under his clothes. Generally he has his boxers hanging outside the waistband of his pants, and these don't do that. The one thing I was a little surprised on is the fact they only sent one pair. On birchbox.com under his box it says "Me Undies Gingham & Navy" made me think he would get both the gingham and the navy. I mean, if you were to buy both pairs that is how they are listed (Gingham & Navy). For one pair, they didn't really have to mention the color (like the socks never mentioned what color you'd get), or they should have just said "navy/white gingham." If they did send both pairs it wouldn't have been odd considering a few months back some people got those watches (while his box contained a couple sets of cheap cards!). Was I the only one that thought this? He didn't care at all, and again was pleased with his box. 

Edit: He just told me the me undies have no pee flap so those are a no go for him.
The 2 pack is considered the full size, which is what's described under My Box on the website and on the card. Same thing happened last month with the Marlon Brando t-shirts, the full size was also a two pack and listed that way one the card, but they only received one shirt.

My boyfriend got the Me Undies Briefs, which were a little tight in an XL, but he says he liked them although he wouldnt buy then for $16 each lol! The front part does look pretty funny! And theres no slit like a normal pair of boxes or briefs would have which seems like an inconvenience.

He was excited about the Balla powder but hasnt tried it yet. Im hoping it will help with the chaffing he gets on his inner thighs and of course sweating near there as well lol

He was a little upset when he saw the Oribe creme for style, he said I cant use this I barely have any hair to style! haha (he has super short hair)

He cant wait to try the Zihr Clean since he really seemed to like the shave cream he got a couple months back.

The BVLGARI Man Cologne did not smell good at all to either of us. He says it smells like "old man cologne" and I agree!

*edit: I AM However VERY happy with the size of this cologne sample! Yay- no vials!

Back