BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I just resubscribed to Birchbox a few days ago after some time away, and I thought I'd be starting with an April box, but I just got an email that my March box has shipped. My profile says the only thing I can't get enough of is makeup...and what's the only thing not in my box contents? Makeup. It's Harvey Prince Cherie Blossom, Coola sunscreen, Gilchrist & Soames lotion, Beauty Protector Spray, and chocolate AND tea. I have food items, but no makeup. Kind of annoyed. Oh well, I have heard good things about the BP spray, and six items means extra points....But do you even think they look at our profiles? I kind of think no. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jayeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay, I just resubscribed to Birchbox a few days ago after some time away, and I thought I'd be starting with an April box, but I just got an email that my March box has shipped. My profile says the only thing I can't get enough of is makeup...and what's the only thing not in my box contents? Makeup. It's Harvey Prince Cherie Blossom, Coola sunscreen, Gilchrist & Soames lotion, Beauty Protector Spray, and chocolate AND tea. I have food items, but no makeup. Kind of annoyed. Oh well, I have heard good things about the BP spray, and six items means extra points....But do you even think they look at our profiles? I kind of think no. 

Well they don't really look at your profile in terms of the first box. I think they have boxes set up that they send to new subscribers. Which is why i think a lot of people that got a 2nd or 3rd sub just for this month, ended up getting the same boxes. Plus even when you change your profile, i think it takes a month or two to really change the type of boxes you get. 

Well they don't really look at your profile in terms of the first box. I think they have boxes set up that they send to new subscribers. Which is why i think a lot of people that got a 2nd or 3rd sub just for this month, ended up getting the same boxes. Plus even when you change your profile, i think it takes a month or two to really change the type of boxes you get. 
Sometimes I think they do not look at anybody's profile at all. I left all the things blank under "Which lifestyle extras would you like to see?" It feels like I get all the extras now.

So I got my first box yesterday and I loved it all. Well, mostly all. That air repair stuff is surprisingly drying rather than moisturizing? I'll need to see how the SuperGoop Serum works under my makeup, but I'm hoping it may be a viable summer option for me, since I don't really like the usual facial sunblocks.

My husband and I also really loved the Mighty Leaf Tea. I'm not so crazy on the price of it, but then I think back to what a wonderful cup of tea it was. Hrrrm....

TheBalm sample is seriously the cutest sample ever. The pictures simply had not prepared me for how adorable it was! 
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mayrax3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not my first box, though. I mean, I'm on the same account as before, I had just been unsubscribed for a couple of months and then resubscribed. The Coola sunscreen is especially annoying because I've had a variation of that before, but I guess if it's not the exact same one it doesn't count as a repeat.....

It's not my first box, though. I mean, I'm on the same account as before, I had just been unsubscribed for a couple of months and then resubscribed. The Coola sunscreen is especially annoying because I've had a variation of that before, but I guess if it's not the exact same one it doesn't count as a repeat.....
It seems like canceling and resubscribing basically resets your sub, so it is treated as a new sub by Birchbox even if you had previously been subscribed for two years, which means they apparently basically disregard your profile that reset first month.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like canceling and resubscribing basically resets your sub, so it is treated as a new sub by Birchbox even if you had previously been subscribed for two years, which means they apparently basically disregard your profile that reset first month.

Hmm okay. Hopefully April is better! 

I finally got my second box today with the bbcase code. This thing is WAY bigger than I thought! It's bigger then the actual Birchbox itself!

I just got back from vacation, and my 2nd March Birchbox that I ordered back on the 14th!!!!!! with the BBZIP code had finally arrived. The makeup case was SO ADORABLE that it was totally worth the wait!

<3<3 it.

Quote: Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@lethallesal, that is really cute! Looks like decent quality, too!

It's REALLY nice quality.  It's super duper padded and quite large too.  It was much bigger than the birchbox itself.  I'm one happy subscriber! 

It's REALLY nice quality.  It's super duper padded and quite large too.  It was much bigger than the birchbox itself.  I'm one happy subscriber! 
I got this one too and it's awesome! I expected it to be really small. I also love the colors! I've already got mine stuffed full.

The BBCASE bag is pretty big, the BBZIP case was minuscule. I'm glad I have both now though! The print is SUPERCUTE!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The BBCASE bag is pretty big, the BBZIP case was minuscule. I'm glad I have both now though! The print is SUPERCUTE!!!

They must have sent me the BBCASE bag instead of the BBZIP one.  I used the BBZIP code, but the one I got is adorable and larger than I was expecting it to be.  It's at least 2x the size of my most recent Ipsy bag. 

Back