BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did it say when it didn't work? Did it say it had expired or ..? I am just about to resub and I put in BB100 and it says
  • "Promo code "BB100" was applied." 
It said invalid for me. I tried several times. The other worked though, so no biggie.

I just figured out something that is going to save me SO MUCH TIME.  I wanted to share here, since it's such a busy thread, and I know we all pretty much do trades/shipping anyways.  I know this won't help everyone, and I'm sure it's something most of you are already aware of, but... here goes! 

I live in a neighborhood where everyone shares a large and divided mailbox, kind of like they have in apartment complexes, but we all live in houses.  Our outgoing mail slot is SUPER SMALL, and I've never been able to fit anything more than a letter in it, not even a greeting card, so I've always had to drive up to the drop box when I had something to mail out.

The other day, I wasn't feeling well, my son was being a terror, and putting him in his car seat and then being enclosed in a vehicle with his defiant three-year-old-going-on-teenager ass to drive the 1/4th mile up to the nearest drop box sounded like actual hell on earth to me.  I had two trades that I wanted/needed to ship out, and I noticed that the mail hadn't run yet.  I'm usually never quick enough to catch the mailman while he's actually at our mailbox (although I have been able to do that once), so I had an idea.  I put a post-it on the packages saying "These are outgoing packages, but they won't fit in the outgoing mail slot.  Will you pretty please take them?  Thank you so much!"  And I put them in my actual mail box pointing out to where he would see the note while he was delivering the mail.  And he totally took them for me!  I've done it two more times since, and everything gets to everyone so much more quickly now.  It seems to skip a bit of a step in processing, plus the products don't sit in that drop bin all day either.  

I figured I would give it a try because I know that people with regular mailboxes are able to do that, so why not?  Plus, the packages had tracking on them, so there wasn't a real chance of them going "missing."  Maybe this is common sense for some of you, but I'm hoping there are a few of you out there who never realized you could do this either!  I hope it helps to make your lives easier =)

I plan on leaving him a packaged sweet goodie along with a, "Thank you for being awesome, and taking these packages for me.  Here's a sweet treat!" note next time I have something to send along.  I feel like he technically could be a dick about it and refuse to take them.  I know there's plenty of postal workers out there who hate their lives/jobs/the customers (and I totally don't blame them!)

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they either didn't have them or misplaced them during the warehouse relocation. It's cute though, I like it.
BB100 didn't work for me last night, but SFBB100 worked this morning. I cancelled and resubbed and I didn't go on a waitlist.

Does the SFBB100 give you the 100 points too?

Quote: Originally Posted by Tamarin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  WHAT.  I need this. In a cool color ofc, if it's black or grey or brown forget it 
plthumbsdown.gif

The colors listed on the site are: lime green, olive green, deep purple, navy blue, dark green, charcoal grey, plum, brown and sky blue. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ScoutSays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  WHAT.  I need this. In a cool color ofc, if it's black or grey or brown forget it 
plthumbsdown.gif

The colors listed on the site are: lime green, olive green, deep purple, navy blue, dark green, charcoal grey, plum, brown and sky blue.

Last summer they sent out the black and I believe the lime green Sumita contrast liners...hopefully they do purple or blue this time!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Last summer they sent out the black and I believe the lime green Sumita contrast liners...hopefully they do purple or blue this time!
ooo I would love purple of blue great for spring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes please! lol... I've been dying to try out one of those colors for an eyeliner.

I want the lime green or sky blue...aahhhh let it happen, BB gods! 
eusa_pray.gif

I think they either didn't have them or misplaced them during the warehouse relocation. It's cute though, I like it.
BB100 didn't work for me last night, but SFBB100 worked this morning. I cancelled and resubbed and I didn't go on a waitlist.
Did you use BB100 already? As in for a March box.

Did anyone else have issues with the Cynthia Rowley liquid pen liner? I have two other brands already and I love them, but with the Cynthia Rowley one I couldn't build it at all, because if I went back over the first bit I drew it would scrape it off instead of make it darker or build it up.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone else have issues with the Cynthia Rowley liquid pen liner? I have two other brands already and I love them, but with the Cynthia Rowley one I couldn't build it at all, because if I went back over the first bit I drew it would scrape it off instead of make it darker or build it up.
I gave mine to my mom, since i had recently purchased the Stila one. so i can't be of help! 

I loved the sumita eyeliner i got last year! i also think its funny that i got the cynthia rowley liquid liner in feb, and now i am getting the pencil in april. i don't mind though! i love pencil eyeliner, and i only use black. i don't really do eye make up, so i am glad they let me pick black this time! 

I just ordered the sumita eyeliner in sky blue today, lol, so I'll probably get that in my box. On a brighter note, my box contents updated on my 2nd account...I'm assuming that's the replacement box for the one that showed up with only 3 of 5 samples. Hopefully, this one comes in soon....according to the picture, it has the initial eyeliner in it. That would be an awesome way to say sorry for the shipping/packing fiasco this month! I also went ahead and bought the beauty protector spray since I can't seem to get a box with it!

For those of you who wanted the Michael Todd samples and didn't get them, or just anyone who is interested in trying Michael Todd products:  Michael Todd has a package of 4 trial size products on the website for 3.99 with free shipping.  It looks like a good deal and a great way to try out 4 of the products!

I loved both my Birchboxes this month! I'm looking forward to April now! 

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine had two little black circles in it.  Other than that, it seems unused so I didn't think anything of it and used it.  Glad to know that I'm not the only one that received the sample that seems a big off!

I just opened it to look at the color and there were a few very fine black strands, I just assumed they were lint.  It didn't look like mold.
Thanks for the feed back, ladies!  If I am not the only one then I will not contact BB about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just ordered the sumita eyeliner in sky blue today, lol, so I'll probably get that in my box.

On a brighter note, my box contents updated on my 2nd account...I'm assuming that's the replacement box for the one that showed up with only 3 of 5 samples. Hopefully, this one comes in soon....according to the picture, it has the initial eyeliner in it. That would be an awesome way to say sorry for the shipping/packing fiasco this month!

I also went ahead and bought the beauty protector spray since I can't seem to get a box with it!
I hope you love the Beauty Protector spray!  It smells so good!  I got the spray in both my boxes when BB first had them, and I received the Beauty Protector oil in my box last month.  I am in LOVE with this oil!  It doesn't make my hair greasy at all.  I'm going to purchase this with my points soon. The scent is amazing!

My faith in BB has been restored.
smile.gif

Nice!  I got 2 great boxes too.  Some of the sample sizes were really generous this month!

For my BP lovers... has anyone tried the shampoo & conditioner? I've got the full size oil & spray... thinking of splurging for the shampoo and conditioner too...

Back