BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait I'm kind of confused on the whole eyeliner thing - is everyone getting an eyeliner (in which case, shouldn't we all get the email with the choice??) or are only certain people getting the eyeliner in their boxes (and that's why they got the email) in which case if you didn't get the email there is no point in calling them etc to let them know?
I'm under the impression that only certain people are receiving the eyeliner. So if you get the email, you'll be getting it in Aprils box.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm under the impression that only certain people are receiving the eyeliner. So if you get the email, you'll be getting it in Aprils box.
Right I thought it only went to people who cancelled there accounts as an incentive to resub. I didn't get it though and I have a few accounts which I opened due to promos and closed out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Pixels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Right I thought it only went to people who cancelled there accounts as an incentive to resub. I didn't get it though and I have a few accounts which I opened due to promos and closed out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The account that I got it on is going to be on it's 17th month in April, I've never canceled it.  So I don't think it's for incentive to resubscribe.  It says in the email too that our credit card numbers have to be valid already, and subscribed or it won't work.

My faith in BB has been restored. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh that's interesting then. I wonder why some people get it and some don't? I hope that in the future we will have some more choice options :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I'm assuming it's because not everyone is getting eyeliner in their box...

Quote: Originally Posted by Pixels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh that's interesting then. I wonder why some people get it and some don't? I hope that in the future we will have some more choice options :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My guess is they have a limited number of eyeliners to send out, so they probably sent a test batch to see what happened.  I also always get the "add this to your birchbox for $XX dollars!" emails, like the mascara/glass water bottle one this month.  I never want those things though and they're ridiculously expensive.  But I'm down for picking which eyeliner comes in my box (especially since this is the first eyeliner I've ever gotten from them!)

On a side note- I picked Silver when I was logged out, logged in and clicked the link again and it re-asked me what I wanted, so I clicked "Surprise me!".  I'll get solid amount of use out of either (if I'm being realistic, I'll use the black so much quicker.) so I figured why not.  I dunno if any other ladies had this happen, and I haven't gotten a follow up email that they said would come.

Wait I'm kind of confused on the whole eyeliner thing - is everyone getting an eyeliner (in which case, shouldn't we all get the email with the choice??) or are only certain people getting the eyeliner in their boxes (and that's why they got the email) in which case if you didn't get the email there is no point in calling them etc to let them know?
I thought only people how got the email are getting it. I only got the email on one of my active accounts. But I could be wrong.

About the eyeliner, there IS another eyeliner populating April boxes: Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner. 

Woah! Is that one or two boxes?
It's 2 boxes. My 2nd box (ordered on the 10th) used the BBCASE code and got that zip case and my 3rd box (ordered on the 19th) was the other. Only one dupe and it was a good one, and only two dupes with my main box, so I had a good month.

Ok, before I pull the trigger and go ahead and cancel my main (and currently only sub, but maybe not for long eek!), and resubscribe… I just want to confirm that since I went through the wait list before and I'm just resubscribing I won't have to go back on the wait list again, correct? (I mean I know plenty of you ladies just unsub'd and resub'd immediately after--I'm just being a worry wart lol)

And the BB100 code is still working for you guys, right?

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My faith in BB has been restored.
smile.gif

I got mine today too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think the zip case is so cute! Do you think that's why our boxes were delayed? Because they didn't have the cases yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by CherryCaliente /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, before I pull the trigger and go ahead and cancel my main (and currently only sub, but maybe not for long eek!), and resubscribe… I just want to confirm that since I went through the wait list before and I'm just resubscribing I won't have to go back on the wait list again, correct? (I mean I know plenty of you ladies just unsub'd and resub'd immediately after--I'm just being a worry wart lol)

And the BB100 code is still working for you guys, right?
I think there's a new code - SFBB100 I believe.  Good till Apr. 15.  You should double check that though.

Also a question: if you cancel and then resub later do you go on a waitlist?  Can you refer yourself again (this is my 2nd account) to avoid the waitlist?

Quote: Originally Posted by ScoutSays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  About the eyeliner, there IS another eyeliner populating April boxes: Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner. 
WHAT.  I need this. In a cool color ofc, if it's black or grey or brown forget it 
plthumbsdown.gif

So I just cancelled and resubbed again. I have been determined to cancel BB for good, but they keep giving 100 point codes for monthly subs. With reviews, they are paying me to sign up! They carry enough of my HG products, that it saves me money to keep the sub if they keep it up. Doesn't make sense why they are, though!

I got mine today too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think the zip case is so cute! Do you think that's why our boxes were delayed? Because they didn't have the cases yet?
I think they either didn't have them or misplaced them during the warehouse relocation. It's cute though, I like it.
I think there's a new code - SFBB100 I believe.  Good till Apr. 15.  You should double check that though. Also a question: if you cancel and then resub later do you go on a waitlist?  Can you refer yourself again (this is my 2nd account) to avoid the waitlist?
BB100 didn't work for me last night, but SFBB100 worked this morning. I cancelled and resubbed and I didn't go on a waitlist.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tamarin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think there's a new code - SFBB100 I believe.  Good till Apr. 15.  You should double check that though.

Also a question: if you cancel and then resub later do you go on a waitlist?  Can you refer yourself again (this is my 2nd account) to avoid the waitlist?
Thanks!! Will do. =)

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they either didn't have them or misplaced them during the warehouse relocation. It's cute though, I like it.
BB100 didn't work for me last night, but SFBB100 worked this morning. I cancelled and resubbed and I didn't go on a waitlist.
What did it say when it didn't work? Did it say it had expired or ..? I am just about to resub and I put in BB100 and it says

• "Promo code "BB100" was applied.

I was able to use the BB100 code this morning without any problem. The points were immediately applied!

Latest posts

Back