BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by natashaia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got an email on my unsubscribed account to pick my eyeliner shade for the April box. I need a new eyeliner so this is just good trickiness on BBs part! Now I want to resub that account.
I didn't get that e-mail :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What could you pick from?

Maybe you just can't cancel until your April boxes ship out, just so their systems don't get confused and end up not sending you out the April boxes since you already pre-paid for them? 
I bet this is it. My box finally updated to the one with the Balm, the shampoo, and the night cream. Yay! I can't wait to get my hands on that blush!

Just used the bb100 code!  Also, just checked my tracking and my box went from TN to NJ...Then I guess it will head back over this way to NM? lol shipping logic......

Just used the bb100 code!  Also, just checked my tracking and my box went from TN to NJ...Then I guess it will head back over this way to NM? lol shipping logic......
Mine also went from TN to NJ, then to Indiana. Didn't make much sense to me either.

did anyone else get this email?

Mine also went from TN to NJ, then to Indiana. Didn't make much sense to me either.
I think boxes get sorted at different stages in shipping. My thought looks a little like this: Pallets with hundreds of boxes going to all different places get loaded up at the warehouse. Then they go to a Newgistics sorting facility in TN and get sorted out regionally (broad regions like northwest, midwest, etc.) and they get shipped to IN. Then the regionalized pallets get sorted out again at another Newgistics facility there, and they get put on the trucks going to the specific USPS hubs (not necessarily a PO close to you. I'm in PDX, and I believe our hub is up by Seattle). *Then* they head out to the USPS hubs to get resorted yet again according to destination post office, so the shipping partner sorts and resorts two or three times before they ever hand them over to the USPS, and each sorting gets more and more targeted.

I think boxes get sorted at different stages in shipping. My thought looks a little like this: Pallets with hundreds of boxes going to all different places get loaded up at the warehouse. Then they go to a Newgistics sorting facility in TN and get sorted out regionally (broad regions like northwest, midwest, etc.) and they get shipped to IN. Then the regionalized pallets get sorted out again at another Newgistics facility there, and they get put on the trucks going to the specific USPS hubs (not necessarily a PO close to you. I'm in PDX, and I believe our hub is up by Seattle). *Then* they head out to the USPS hubs to get resorted yet again according to destination post office, so the shipping partner sorts and resorts two or three times before they ever hand them over to the USPS, and each sorting gets more and more targeted.
TN to IN makes sense, TN to NJ to IN does not make sense. Doesn't seem to be much actual logic involved in the logistics.

TN to IN makes sense, TN to NJ to IN does not make sense. Doesn't seem to be much actual logic involved in the logistics.
At one point (don't know whether this has changed), every FedEx package went to their hub in, like, Tennessee. Every single one. An overnight package going from Seattle to Redmond, a whole five miles away? To the hub halfway across the country and back. Even now, SmartPost packages stop ten minutes from me, go three hours away to another state, and come back.

Quote: Originally Posted by xciaobellax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this!  I don't know what color to pick.  Silver?  I don't have a silver one, and I'm afraid of black eyeliner that I have to sharpen.. something about the wood near my eye freaks me out.  Maybe I got too freaked out as a highschooler who used a stick of black eyeliner a day (Clinique, obviously), and scratched myself one too many times.

Edit- I picked silver, but there was also a Surprise Me! option.  They said they would "get in touch with you shortly about your order.", and also mentioned that this counts as one of the 4-5 samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my second box today and the contents were what shows on the web page (tea, supergoop, ghiradelli, gilchrist and soames lotion, the balm blush and agave hair oil)

Question for other ladies who got this box later in the month was your the balm sample ok?  Mine has what appear to be black circles/lines in it.  I am not sure if it is mold or fuzz/lint.  THen when I tried to take a picture of it, the sample was loose and fell out.

ETA: photo & spelling

Mine had two little black circles in it.  Other than that, it seems unused so I didn't think anything of it and used it.  Glad to know that I'm not the only one that received the sample that seems a big off!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question for other ladies who got this box later in the month was your the balm sample ok?  Mine has what appear to be black circles/lines in it.  I am not sure if it is mold or fuzz/lint.  THen when I tried to take a picture of it, the sample was loose and fell out.

ETA: photo & spelling

I just opened it to look at the color and there were a few very fine black strands, I just assumed they were lint.  It didn't look like mold.

I just sent them an email for the pick of the eyeliners and they asked me which one i wanted to add to my April Birchbox, i told them the silver one. So hoping i get it:)

Quote: Originally Posted by xciaobellax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh!! Jelly! I would love to have this as a choice ::sorts through email...doh! nothing:: 

Quote: Originally Posted by natashaia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cynthia rowley pencil eyeliner. You can pick between silver or black.

That's genius of them.  I hope they start doing that all the time now.  I only use black eyeliner, so if I get any other shade, it immediately goes to trade or in the trash! 

Wait I'm kind of confused on the whole eyeliner thing - is everyone getting an eyeliner (in which case, shouldn't we all get the email with the choice??) or are only certain people getting the eyeliner in their boxes (and that's why they got the email) in which case if you didn't get the email there is no point in calling them etc to let them know?

Just placed a Birchbox order.  I think this is the thread where we talked about the Rosanna Alhambra vessels?  I ordered the medium one.  And the Cynthia Rowley black canvas bag because I want a bag that's just for my brushes, and it's totally my style, and big enough. (I carry my makeup everywhere.) And the LaFresh makeup remover wipes for free shipping, and 25% off for my 16th box.. I am on a NO-BUY.  But hey, all of that plus a free pick two for less than $20 after points.  Not allowed to order anything else ever.

Latest posts

Back