BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For my BP lovers... has anyone tried the shampoo & conditioner? I've got the full size oil & spray... thinking of splurging for the shampoo and conditioner too...
I love the spray and the oil, but I did not like the shampoo and conditioner.

For my BP lovers... has anyone tried the shampoo & conditioner? I've got the full size oil & spray... thinking of splurging for the shampoo and conditioner too...
I received a sample of the conditioner in a recent Mystery Sample Pack, and while it smelled really good I didn't notice anything special.  I have thick, curly hair and it didn't moisturize very well.  But it might work better on straight/normal hair that isn't dry like mine. 

I have gotten the samples in my box. They were fine and I used them, but I don't think they are worth $20/bottle. If they were in the $5-10 range I would probably buy them.

I have gotten the samples in my box. They were fine and I used them, but I don't think they are worth $20/bottle. If they were in the $5-10 range I would probably buy them.
This is how I felt too. I loved the smell and they worked nicely on my hair, but I also wouldn't pay that much for them.

Yep, they work well and smell nice, but are terribly overpriced. They should be at the same price point as Baine de Terre, IMO.

Ditto to everything on the BP shampoo and conditioner.  Works the same as my usual organix or giovanni stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by LethalLesal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just figured out something that is going to save me SO MUCH TIME.  I wanted to share here, since it's such a busy thread, and I know we all pretty much do trades/shipping anyways.  I know this won't help everyone, and I'm sure it's something most of you are already aware of, but... here goes! 

I live in a neighborhood where everyone shares a large and divided mailbox, kind of like they have in apartment complexes, but we all live in houses.  Our outgoing mail slot is SUPER SMALL, and I've never been able to fit anything more than a letter in it, not even a greeting card, so I've always had to drive up to the drop box when I had something to mail out.

The other day, I wasn't feeling well, my son was being a terror, and putting him in his car seat and then being enclosed in a vehicle with his defiant three-year-old-going-on-teenager ass to drive the 1/4th mile up to the nearest drop box sounded like actual hell on earth to me.  I had two trades that I wanted/needed to ship out, and I noticed that the mail hadn't run yet.  I'm usually never quick enough to catch the mailman while he's actually at our mailbox (although I have been able to do that once), so I had an idea.  I put a post-it on the packages saying "These are outgoing packages, but they won't fit in the outgoing mail slot.  Will you pretty please take them?  Thank you so much!"  And I put them in my actual mail box pointing out to where he would see the note while he was delivering the mail.  And he totally took them for me!  I've done it two more times since, and everything gets to everyone so much more quickly now.  It seems to skip a bit of a step in processing, plus the products don't sit in that drop bin all day either.  

I figured I would give it a try because I know that people with regular mailboxes are able to do that, so why not?  Plus, the packages had tracking on them, so there wasn't a real chance of them going "missing."  Maybe this is common sense for some of you, but I'm hoping there are a few of you out there who never realized you could do this either!  I hope it helps to make your lives easier =)

I plan on leaving him a packaged sweet goodie along with a, "Thank you for being awesome, and taking these packages for me.  Here's a sweet treat!" note next time I have something to send along.  I feel like he technically could be a dick about it and refuse to take them.  I know there's plenty of postal workers out there who hate their lives/jobs/the customers (and I totally don't blame them!)
You are so sweet. I love when people do little sweet things like leaving a treat for a PO worker for a job well done. I am such a fan of doing little things like that AND of sending actual cards and letters. I swear this is a lost art among people. Glad to hear he took them!

I just figured out something that is going to save me SO MUCH TIME.  I wanted to share here, since it's such a busy thread, and I know we all pretty much do trades/shipping anyways.  I know this won't help everyone, and I'm sure it's something most of you are already aware of, but... here goes!  I live in a neighborhood where everyone shares a large and divided mailbox, kind of like they have in apartment complexes, but we all live in houses.  Our outgoing mail slot is SUPER SMALL, and I've never been able to fit anything more than a letter in it, not even a greeting card, so I've always had to drive up to the drop box when I had something to mail out. The other day, I wasn't feeling well, my son was being a terror, and putting him in his car seat and then being enclosed in a vehicle with his defiant three-year-old-going-on-teenager ass to drive the 1/4th mile up to the nearest drop box sounded like actual hell on earth to me.  I had two trades that I wanted/needed to ship out, and I noticed that the mail hadn't run yet.  I'm usually never quick enough to catch the mailman while he's actually at our mailbox (although I have been able to do that once), so I had an idea.  I put a post-it on the packages saying "These are outgoing packages, but they won't fit in the outgoing mail slot.  Will you pretty please take them?  Thank you so much!"  And I put them in my actual mail box pointing out to where he would see the note while he was delivering the mail.  And he totally took them for me!  I've done it two more times since, and everything gets to everyone so much more quickly now.  It seems to skip a bit of a step in processing, plus the products don't sit in that drop bin all day either.   I figured I would give it a try because I know that people with regular mailboxes are able to do that, so why not?  Plus, the packages had tracking on them, so there wasn't a real chance of them going "missing."  Maybe this is common sense for some of you, but I'm hoping there are a few of you out there who never realized you could do this either!  I hope it helps to make your lives easier =) I plan on leaving him a packaged sweet goodie along with a, "Thank you for being awesome, and taking these packages for me.  Here's a sweet treat!" note next time I have something to send along.  I feel like he technically could be a dick about it and refuse to take them.  I know there's plenty of postal workers out there who hate their lives/jobs/the customers (and I totally don't blame them!)
HOLY AMAZING idea!! Duh! Why haven't I thought I thought of that before. Our home was built in 96 and we've lived here 13 years and our little neighborhood has the same mailbox set up. I have to drive a few blocks to go to the post office. Seriously, how did I not think of that lol lol

HOLY AMAZING idea!! Duh! Why haven't I thought I thought of that before. Our home was built in 96 and we've lived here 13 years and our little neighborhood has the same mailbox set up. I have to drive a few blocks to go to the post office. Seriously, how did I not think of that lol lol
That's what I do in my apartment building! Some people just leaved stamped / addressed items on top of the bank of boxes but that's so risky.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just ordered the sumita eyeliner in sky blue today, lol, so I'll probably get that in my box.

On a brighter note, my box contents updated on my 2nd account...I'm assuming that's the replacement box for the one that showed up with only 3 of 5 samples. Hopefully, this one comes in soon....according to the picture, it has the initial eyeliner in it. That would be an awesome way to say sorry for the shipping/packing fiasco this month!

I also went ahead and bought the beauty protector spray since I can't seem to get a box with it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hope you love the Beauty Protector spray!  It smells so good!  I got the spray in both my boxes when BB first had them, and I received the Beauty Protector oil in my box last month.  I am in LOVE with this oil!  It doesn't make my hair greasy at all.  I'm going to purchase this with my points soon. The scent is amazing!
Add me to the BP spray addicts list! I got it in my first BB, and it leaked so I asked for a new one. I basically had two sample sizes, and I was running out so I ordered the full size. Now I refill the sample size for travel from my full size bottle. My hair is really long and I have split ends, and the spray makes my hair smooth, shiny and keeps it smelling great all day.  And you can't even see my split ends as much!

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg!  I'm glad I was able to help someone else.  I seriously was like OMG MY LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW whenever the lightbulb went off the other day.  I'm really irritated at the time I've wasted going to the few blocks to my drop box (the nearest post office is like 3 miles away even though I live in the middle of suburbia).  I started crocheting last August, and immediately when I did all of my friends wanted me to make hats and stuff for them, and I was going back and forth to that stupid drop box like 3x a week.

<3 glad I could be of help! 

Quote: Originally Posted by CherryCaliente /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You are so sweet. I love when people do little sweet things like leaving a treat for a PO worker for a job well done. I am such a fan of doing little things like that AND of sending actual cards and letters. I swear this is a lost art among people. Glad to hear he took them!

I feel like they really do such a thankless job.  Yeah, they do get paid well, have great benefits, and retirement, but people can be such jerks to them.  I'm a huge fan of the paying it forward, doing small things like that for others, and doing my best to hopefully make someone else's day a smidgeon brighter!  Last summer we always left Gatorade out for the UPS guy.  We were ordering a LOT from Amazon and he was stopping by our house like every other day.  =)

I am still having issues with reviews, it is still only popping up with the customer review option only instead of the sample review for points. Is anyone else still having this issue too?

Someone please give me the willpower to cancel my two additional birchboxes after next month's boxes come out.  I'm out of control! 

Someone please give me the willpower to cancel my two additional birchboxes after next month's boxes come out.  I'm out of control! 
Consider it this way: instead of sinking the money into samples, save that money and spend it on full-size products that you like 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am still having issues with reviews, it is still only popping up with the customer review option only instead of the sample review for points. Is anyone else still having this issue too?
Did you cancel your sub and then resubscribe before finishing your reviews?  Some people on here have said that once you cancel your subscription, you can no longer earn feedback points.  I haven't done that, so I am not sure if it is true or if resubbing would reactivate the feedback for the previous subscription month.

Consider it this way: instead of sinking the money into samples, save that money and spend it on full-size products that you like  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's exactly what I was thinking. Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Between even just Blush, Ipsy and one Birchbox, that's $40! That's enough for a new MUFE foundation every month!

Did you cancel your sub and then resubscribe before finishing your reviews?  Some people on here have said that once you cancel your subscription, you can no longer earn feedback points.  I haven't done that, so I am not sure if it is true or if resubbing would reactivate the feedback for the previous subscription month.
Nope, I was going to review prior to canceling and resubbing lol.

I feel like they really do such a thankless job.  Yeah, they do get paid well, have great benefits, and retirement, but people can be such jerks to them.  I'm a huge fan of the paying it forward, doing small things like that for others, and doing my best to hopefully make someone else's day a smidgeon brighter!  Last summer we always left Gatorade out for the UPS guy.  We were ordering a LOT from Amazon and he was stopping by our house like every other day.  =)

I agree! Most people I know whine and moan about how their mail isn't there at a certain time of day (aka whenever would be most convenient for them). Just the other day I asserted to my dad that the PO workers have routes to do & no, they shouldn't have to get up hours earlier to get your mail when you want it. I mean, seriously, these poor people have to go out in the desert heat here, & the rain, humidity, and snow/ice & frigid temperatures I just left on the East coast. I'm going to use your idea since I think it's great and leave bottled water/Gatorade out for our mail delivery people. 

I can help with no such willpower. I'm not the biggest enabler on the block lol, but I am about 10 seconds from getting my second sub. I can't help myself..need..more..samples. And I want to get my mom one since I think she'd enjoy it (she's going to try my Michael Todd charcoal scrub tonight that I got from ipsy what seems like eons ago). I don't think 3 is bad, and I won't name any number I think might be a little excessive since I don't want to offend anyone who may have that number. ;P

Back