Birchbox May 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: For those of you who opted in for the Kate Spade necklace, did you get some sort of confirmation email from BB?

That didn't stop them from doing the Kate Spade add-on this month when people haven't even received the water bottle from last month yet!  Or launching ACE right in the middle of their warehouse move...  :unsure2:

I think they did a Discovery Dash last month, but I remember it only being one item instead of the usual four.  I can't remember what the item was though!
One item sounds right, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

I'm worried I ordered the necklace on accident. I clicked the email to see the picture bigger but it took me to the birchbox shop. I dont have money in my account for it anyways.

I'm worried I ordered the necklace on accident. I clicked the email to see the picture bigger but it took me to the birchbox shop. I dont have money in my account for it anyways.
Email them and tell them to take it off. I did that once and they took it off right away. They really shouldn't have that email link auto-order.

Kind of annoyed that I haven't gotten ANY add on emails at all. I'm a bit done with birchbox to be quite honest. I keep telling myself that it's only ten dollars which isn't that big of a deal but I don't think that I've used more than one product in each box in the last three months(I'm not expecting to like every single product of every single box but it's been a bit ridiculous lately). Plus, I'm still upset about the shipping problem I had last month and didn't get even the slightest bit of an apology from them. Birchbox is slowly becoming my least favorite sub and I wish that it wasn't but...I'm going to be hopeful for May and maybe they can convince me to keep my subscription! 

I placed an order on the 18th & I still haven't gotten any updates at all. I emailed and she just said she would look into it, but I haven't heard anything back. I only ordered one thing & it's still in stock, so i doubt it's an inventory issue. I was thinking of getting the in full bloom box but I probably won't now due to all of the shipping issues! 

I placed an order on the 18th & I still haven't gotten any updates at all. I emailed and she just said she would look into it, but I haven't heard anything back. I only ordered one thing & it's still in stock, so i doubt it's an inventory issue. I was thinking of getting the in full bloom box but I probably won't now due to all of the shipping issues! 
That's really terrible and I've never heard of that happening anywhere else unless there's an inventory/backorder issues, which is understandable. And I feel like the constant responses saying "we'll look in to it" and then not hearing anything for days is kind of insulting, like its supposed to be ok because its birchbox and they're known "for having the best customer service."

Their service lately has left a lot to be desired. Not their customer service reps, because I realize  they can't just make something happen, but the service of Birchbox on the whole lately has gone by the wayside.

Last edited by a moderator:
look guys

BIRCHBOX Angela Heinrich You were randomly chosen as one of the winners of our StriVectin Facebook Q&A! Please email [email protected] within 48 hours with your shipping info & subject line "StriVectin Facebook Q&A Winner" to redeem your prize! xo

woot i won something!!! cant wait to try a $99 face treatment so stoked

edit for typos

I ordered a big order on the 23rd that was upgraded to 2-day shipping. I heard nothing and emailed over the weekend about it. They said yesterday they'd look into it, and I'm still in the dark about why it's taking so long, nothing was out of stock. I ordered the Full Bloom box yesterday and I am just assuming I won't get that for two weeks at least, and who knows when I'll get a shipping confirmation. I did however email about the 100 point deduction they made for the promo code "glitch" even though I had offloaded them to gift cards. I figured if people were getting them back for emailing I should too, especially since my accounts were fairly close to reaching 100 points, just a few points off. The wonderful lady sent 100 points to all three accounts, and I used those for my Full Bloom box, so I don't know if my predicaments are a net win for my thoughts on their CS or a net loss. I really would like my big order to ship, I ordered a ton of makeup I wanted for this weekend where I'll be traveling, but it won't be here in time now.

That's really terrible and I've never heard of that happening anywhere else unless there's an inventory/backorder issues, which is understandable. And I feel like the constant responses saying "we'll look in to it" and then not hearing anything for days is kind of insulting, like its supposed to be ok because its birchbox and they're known "for having the best customer service."

Their service lately has left a lot to be desired. Not their customer service reps, because I realize  they can't just make something happen, but the service of Birchbox on the whole lately has gone by the wayside.

Exactly! I just want to be updated, if the inventory is wrong & it truly is out of order then I wish they would just say that and update their website instead of not saying anything at all. They have just taken too much on at one time, it seems like very poor planning on their part.

look guys

BIRCHBOX Angela Heinrich You were randomly chosen as one of the winners of our StriVectin Facebook Q&A! Please email [email protected] within 48 hours with your shipping info & subject line "StriVectin Facebook Q&A Winner" to redeem your prize! xo

woot i won something!!! cant wait to try a $99 face treatment so stoked

edit for typos
Congrats! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oye I feel so bad about everyone having so many shipping/ordering issues! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made an order for my fiance. It had cologne and a soap and a BP spray for me. When it arrived it was empty and my pick 2 was opened. Thing is, the UPS guy handed it to me, so I know it wasn't messed with after delivery. They resent my order and it came pretty quickly. I was happy about that.

Then I received my In Full Bloom box and had issues with the Tocca perfume sediment. It's a gift, so I just felt weird about giving my mom perfume with chunks in it. Not to mention the box itself was completely crushed in shipping. I asked if they could help me with the perfume, and they ended up reshipping an entirely new box. However I got a "order" notification, but still not a shipping notification on it. I'm honestly not too concerned right now, but if I don't get it by Mother's day I might be a little worried. I just hope everyone that has been waiting gets theirs soon!

I feel like BB has been having a lot of issues, but they've really tried to make up for them, at least with me. The whole "point fiasco" was handled well by them and they returned my points on all 3 accounts. They have re-shipped two orders in a row without batting an eyelash. I do think they have great customer service, I just think certain CS reps are better than others, and unfortunately they're not informed of issues that arise the way they should be. Transitions are always rocky, so I hope that once the warehouse stuff gets settled, they will be back into the swing of things.

Email them and tell them to take it off. I did that once and they took it off right away. They really shouldn't have that email link auto-order.
The necklace wasn't auto order from the email link for me this month.  After I clicked on the email I had to confirm that I wanted to order the necklace.  Not sure if it was the same for others.

The necklace wasn't auto order from the email link for me this month. After I clicked on the email I had to confirm that I wanted to order the necklace. Not sure if it was the same for others.
That's how it was for me as well...

Latest posts

Back