Birchbox May 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is up with BB lately?  First, I placed an order on 4/20.  I get an e-mail that it's delayed because of warehouse move and giving me 100 points.  Okay, fine.  Then they ship only the mystery sample pack from the order and there's a postcard in my PO box today that I need to go pick it up at a UPS center 45 minutes away because BB shipped the sample pack via UPS to a PO Box. Oooookay.

I also placed an order for the In Full Bloom box and what was supposed to be a 15 pack of Kind bars.  It shipped the same day I placed the order and I got it today.  With one box of 5 Kind bars.  Gah.  My Tocca also has floaties.  Gross.

I love BB but let's get it together on these full-sized order issues!

I just reserved my Kate Space necklace. Hurray! I LOVE Kate! I'm not sure I would have known about it if it weren't for this thread. I miss a lot of emails from BB like the water bottle add-on from last time...by the time I found out about it, it was too late. Now I'm stuck with water bottle envy at work as I watch my co-worker fill up her cute little bright pink bottle.

they always ship orders via ups even though my shipping address is a po box but my box goes to my po box

ups now just has my physical address on file and brings it to my apartment my building is weird my door is right on the regular sidewalk that lost of people in town use and one time ups set a package right ther instead of coming inside to place my package in the hallway so i try to avoid any whipments to my apartment

knightsgirl, you should be able to call ups and tell them your physical address and theyll ship it

Ladies with the Tocca, I have had similar problems before with perfume roller-balls and found that sometimes if you warm it between your palms for a while, the "floaties" disappear.  If it does this, it is because it is oil/wax based and those are just bits that have solidified and then just melted back with the warmth of your palms.  If they do not, that would be more of a worry.  Just a thought.  :luv:

(Oh, if anyone does get a replacement box and does not want two blushes, let me know.  I am resisting buying the box and that is what I want the most.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies with the Tocca, I have had similar problems before with perfume roller-balls and found that sometimes if you warm it between your palms for a while, the "floaties" disappear. If it does this, it is because it is oil/wax based and those are just bits that have solidified and then just melted back with the warmth of your palms. If they do not, that would be more of a worry. Just a thought. :luv:

(Oh, if anyone does get a replacement box and does not want two blushes, let me know. I am resisting buying the box and that is what I want the most.)
I'm thinking you're right because I shook it and shook loose an entire waxy looking ring lol! I'm going to leave it in my car today and let it get warm and see if that melts away.

On another note, I'm not a huge fan of rose scents, but oh my goodness the candle smells amazing! I'm really curious to try other scents now.

I took a sniff of the anti aging spray water stuff and I'm not sure if I can spray that on my face, the scent was incredibly unpleasant.

The blush looks and feels nice, the shower gel smells fantastic, as does the lip balm. The hand cream is sealed and I don't wanna poke it and open it up since I have 60000 hand creams open so I've not tested it yet.

Uhhhhh thanks birchbox.

In researching the status of your order 0000000 (changed for privacy or w/e), I can confirm that it has not yet shipped out, but should be very soon. To further clarify, I have reached out to our Warehouse for a confirmation on the date that it will be shipping. Once I hear back, I will follow up with you!

I realize there's nothing the CS rep can do about this, so this isn't a complaint about her so much as it's a complaint that I ordered it on the first day, still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, and tons of people have already RECEIVED their's or even gotten a second one mailed out. I don't know what the hell is going on in their warehouse, but they need to get it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed BB about the issues I had with the Tocca perfume in my In Full Bloom box along with a video so I could better show them the sediment floating around. I also took a picture of the incredibly crushed/dented box that mine came in because I had hoped to gift most of my box to my mom. When I heard back, they said they'd "replace the damaged item." I got a shipping notification and I noticed they're replacing the entire box?! :w00t: I was definitely surprised at that!
Thats awesome!

Uhhhhh thanks birchbox.

I realize there's nothing the CS rep can do about this, so this isn't a complaint about her so much as it's a complaint that I ordered it on the first day, still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, and tons of people have already RECEIVED their's or even gotten a second one mailed out. I don't know what the hell is going on in their warehouse, but they need to get it together.
Ugh, that's so frustrating! Hopefully they figure it out and get it shipped ASAP. 

I'm having the same issue with my order from 4/19..they keep giving me all these super vague weird answers. I just e-mailed them again for the 4th time asking for an update. They're probably sick of me, but oh well!

Ugh, that's so frustrating! Hopefully they figure it out and get it shipped ASAP. 

I'm having the same issue with my order from 4/19..they keep giving me all these super vague weird answers. I just e-mailed them again for the 4th time asking for an update. They're probably sick of me, but oh well!
I really feel bad, because presumably most of these issues are stemming from the warehouse move or whatever they did. But they really need to get it together! I've loved BB forever but if they keep it up, I won't be ordering anything for a while, until they get their logistics issues straightened out.

I really feel bad, because presumably most of these issues are stemming from the warehouse move or whatever they did. But they really need to get it together! I've loved BB forever but if they keep it up, I won't be ordering anything for a while, until they get their logistics issues straightened out.
Yeah, but it would be nice if they were communicating better. I totally understand logistics issues, but we shouldn't have to reach out to them to see why orders are taking this long to ship!

I got one of those 'we're sorry' emails last week on my main account about the warehouse issues & they gave me 100 points....for my pick two. JUST my pick two! And yet this order, which is actually pretty large, I have absolutely no information on. 

Yeah, but it would be nice if they were communicating better. I totally understand logistics issues, but we shouldn't have to reach out to them to see why orders are taking this long to ship!

I got one of those 'we're sorry' emails last week on my main account about the warehouse issues & they gave me 100 points....for my pick two. JUST my pick two! And yet this order, which is actually pretty large, I have absolutely no information on. 
I agree- I feel like a simple email to all users saying "hey!  we're moving warehouses, so things might get backed up, please bear with us while we make this transition.  Things will be running smoothly and EVEN BETTER soon!" could be really helpful for all of us.

Slightly OT, but have they changed the review settings?  I was trying to review some stuff from my April box (I clicked on the product link from my "Box" page while logged in) and it gave me a box to write a review and a star selection for me to click on, instead of the usual survey.

Slightly OT, but have they changed the review settings?  I was trying to review some stuff from my April box (I clicked on the product link from my "Box" page while logged in) and it gave me a box to write a review and a star selection for me to click on, instead of the usual survey.
It's working normally for me.  I've had that happen a few times, but then I'll go into my points history and realize I already did my feedback review.

This is what happened to me too, but then I discovered that I had already reviewed.  :blush:

Uhhhhh thanks birchbox.

Ugh...I know. I'm still waiting for a shipping notice too.  :angry:

I recently made Birchbox Aces, have a 20% off code, and have about about $80 worth of points and just don't feel motivated to buy anything :unsure:   This is very unlike me!  Maybe it's from reading about other people Birchbox purchase misfortunes lately because I have been hauling like crazy from Sephora, Ulta, and Forever 21!

I received the email about the Kate Spade necklace, I think it's pretty but not really my style.  I always want to add something on but so far haven't been interested in the offers.  Oh well, there's always next time  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's working normally for me.  I've had that happen a few times, but then I'll go into my points history and realize I already did my feedback review.

This is what happened to me too, but then I discovered that I had already reviewed.  :blush:

Ugh...I know. I'm still waiting for a shipping notice too.  :angry:
oh that might actually be the case...I'll check my points history.

In my last order I got this item--the Tweezerman Stainless Steel Skin Care Tool. "Skin care tool" is apparently code for "zit popper." Anyway, it's only $11 and it is seriously AMAZING. I get acne like nobody's business and I can't help but pop my zits. It's way easier/faster/cleaner with this device and it hurts a lot less too. If you're acne prone and need to add something small to get a Pick Two or whatever, I highly recommend it.

Sigh, still no update from birchbox about my In Full Bloom box and its been almost a week since I ordered it. If I don't hear anything towards late afternoon I might email them again but I hate being "that" person.

Latest posts

Back