Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so pissed! The cheat was saying that I did not get macadamia oil that I have a confirmation email for and now that the 10th is here it is saying that I did not get it like the cheat was saying. I am emailing birchbox support and I said upfront I do not want sorry points. I want my sample. 

Both of mine came yesterday.

As someone upthread mentioned, the Coastal Scents sampler is really quad of really pretty colors, I don't need two, but I am happy with it as a sample.

I ended up with the Parlor not the Harvey Prince Salt spray, and I am also happy with that, even if it did still have the stupid Hello sample. (I also got a yogini sample in the other. How can they ruin notes I like by themselves in the act of combining them? Ugh.)

I am game to try the Naobay and Marcelle clay mask, and was already ok with the Benefit It's Potent! and the Marcelle Hydra-C gel.
And the box is cute. So, I ended up happier than I expected

My box did not change and it still says I am getting Naobay and not the peel. I don't mind* but it does seem weird that I got a confirmation. The only thing I did differently was that I waited until non-Ace pys day to bother choosing. 

* i only picked the peel to avoid a HP scented hair product

I got the Naobay instead of my PYS sea salt spray and emailed them about it and they just sent me 50 points and a lame sorry about how "we can't guarantee sample choice..." seems dumb since I got a confirmation email but next month better be good or I might be done with them.  :unsure:

I emailed them in the hopes of getting some sorry points. Although I am meh about the sample choices I wonder if I could have gotten a nicer box combo if this hadn't happened. It would also be helpful to know if waiting until the second day when you are an Ace will cause this problem. Not that I plan to do that again. 

I just got my box. It's probably my favorite box ever.

The Living Proof shampoo and conditioner are extra foil samples. The Living Proof Instant Repair is a large sample (30 mL). The Real Chemistry Peel is the same size as all the past boxes. The Marcelle gel is a little tube (7 mL), partially full. The Benefit primer is a very small tube (3 mL). The Mally liner is the full size version ($18 liner); I got navy. It is waterproof and self sharpens. I'll use all of these items. They are all nice brands and decent to great sizes. The box also fits my profile, which is probably just random since most boxes do not. This is the sort of box that Birchbox should be producing regularly instead of rarely. 
 We are box twins!!  I am so excited to see this box.  I've been wondering about the sizes of the samples.

I hope the post office hurries up my delivery!!

I emailed them in the hopes of getting some sorry points. Although I am meh about the sample choices I wonder if I could have gotten a nicer box combo if this hadn't happened. It would also be helpful to know if waiting until the second day when you are an Ace will cause this problem. Not that I plan to do that again. 
I don't think that's the issue; I picked my sample within an hour of receiving the Ace email, got a confirmation, and still didn't receive it (at least I'm assuming I'm not going to - it's not listed on my box page).  Same thing happened to me last month.

I received my Beauty Solutions box on Friday and attempted to use the W3ll People mascara to see that it's completely empty/dried out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I already e-mailed them. They would better give me points rather than sending me another dried out mascara...

My BS box was scheduled for delivery today but tracking updated that it was undeliverable as addressed?!?

Uh nothing changed about my address and I only received one other pice of mail today (a magazine) sooooo there was more than enough room in my mail box for the box.

I think my postal person was just being lazy. I hope it shows up Monday :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This happens to me sometimes with different packages. I'm pretty sure it means that the mailman forgot to deliver it so they make up some stupid excuse. My mailman is extremely forgetful. He goes around the block like two or three times almost everyday. It's not because he saves the packages for the second trip either. I've had him deliver the mail and a package, I went out to get it, then 15 minutes later I see him going back and putting more mail into the mailbox. It was another package and a couple of bills/junk mail.

This happens to me sometimes with different packages. I'm pretty sure it means that the mailman forgot to deliver it so they make up some stupid excuse. My mailman is extremely forgetful. He goes around the block like two or three times almost everyday. It's not because he saves the packages for the second trip either. I've had him deliver the mail and a package, I went out to get it, then 15 minutes later I see him going back and putting more mail into the mailbox. It was another package and a couple of bills/junk mail.
Yep, I oddly have an updated delivery date of Wednesday this week. I'll check for it this week then probably head over to the PO if it doesn't arrive.

I'm also annoyed that I'm not getting my PYS in one of my boxes as well. I've emailed them about it, it's  a non ace account so I'm sure it'll take a while to get a response. What annoys me is I'm getting the PYS sample I wanted in another box, I didn't select a PYS for this box at all. So they randomly gave it to me in another box but not in the box I intentionally selected it for. I'm glad I'm still getting the sample, but I don't understand their logic of saying the PYS's are not guaranteed, why would they put it in other boxes?

I don't think that's the issue; I picked my sample within an hour of receiving the Ace email, got a confirmation, and still didn't receive it (at least I'm assuming I'm not going to - it's not listed on my box page).  Same thing happened to me last month.
That stinks. I've never had my sample get mixed up before. They said they will send the peel separately. I'm guessing that is because they have tons of peel samples sitting around. I know I've gotten it as a pick two before. 

I got my BB today. I didn't do a curated box or a PYS. I received my box unusually early (for me). It was a nice Monday treat! I got:

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
Dr. Jart BB Night Beauty Balm
Number 4 Thermal Styling Spray
English Laundry Notting Hill Femme perfume
Chosungah22 Flavorful Lipsick in Golden Peach Tea

I am pretty thrilled with this box. Benefit has the cutest packaging & I love trying their products. They're Real has become my holy grail mascara. I've been using the same BB cream for a few years now (thanks to BB) but I am always up for trying new products. Number 4, been there & done that. I'm going on a short  for work so I will throw this in my travel bag. Perfume -not my fave, but it's OK. But the Chosungah22? I'M LOVING THIS! It is so weird looking, it's translucent...like Jello but gives a nice hint of color. When I saw the info card I thought "oh no, peach does not look good on me." But I think that is just he scent which is wonderful. Full size tube to boot. Score!

My cheat lied to me this month! That's never happened in the four months I've been subscribed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, I didn't love the first one but I don't love the new one either.

CHEAT

Smashbox primer water

Harvey prince yogini

Macadamia oil

Coastal scents revealed 3

Marcelle moisturizer

ACTUAL

Juice beauty cc cream

Amika dry shampoo

Not soap radio body wash

Marcelle moisturizer

I was really looking forward to the primer water but I had no use for the oil or perfume. I just ran out of my dry shampoo so I'm excited for the amika. I'm always happy to try a new cc cream. The body wash is ok. I just got lemon in a pick two and the lavender in the LE box so I hope it's at least a different scent.

I unsubbed because I was sampled out, but dang that email sure got me to sign back up real quick.  I've already got two backup beauty blenders, but I can't live without those amazing things!  

My cheat lied to me this month! That's never happened in the four months I've been subscribed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, I didn't love the first one but I don't love the new one either.

CHEAT

Smashbox primer water

Harvey prince yogini

Macadamia oil

Marcelle moisturizer

ACTUAL

Juice beauty cc cream

Amika dry shampoo

Not soap radio body wash

Marcelle moisturizer

I was really looking forward to the primer water but I had no use for the oil or perfume. I just ran out of my dry shampoo so I'm excited for the amika. I'm always happy to try a new cc cream. The body wash is ok. I just got lemon in a pick two and the lavender in the LE box so I hope it's at least a different scent.
I got that cc cream a couple of years ago. It's really nice, except for the scent. The scent is absolutely terrible. It smells very natural as you would expect from this brand. Kind of like pine scented B.O. mixed with fruit loops. I know that's oddly specific, but I used it quite a bit because I liked the look of it, but the scent was just so weird and kept me from purchasing it.

On another topic my shipping info updated. My box is coming on the 18th or the 19th. I don't think I've ever got a box that late. I mean I live in ohio so I normally get my box around the 10th, the 15th at the latest.

Sorry to post this in multiple places, but it's such a good code!

Use coupon code BLEND by May 15th to get this free Beauty Blender Sponge and Cleanser ($26 Value) free with your first Birchbox!

I have the Boxes up that are my 2 upgrade BB sub box accounts, but my regular $10 one isn't showing up as May, just what I got in April, but there is a May shipping number. 

I think BB is having some issues this month with the previews. Once, my box page didn't even load at all.

The item I'm most excited to get is the Prescriptives False Lashes mascara! This was my HG mascara for YEARS, then it got hard to find Prescriptives and I switched to Dior because Sephora has so many great Dior mascara formulas.

IF this Prescriptives mascara works as well as the original that I used 5-6 years ago, I will buy the full size and never switch back. It really does lengthen and thicken lashes and is non- irritating to my eyes ( I wear contact lens). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone do the beta upgraded box? It doesn't tell me which 2 are my full size products! It looks like every month the upgraded have all received the same full size products.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, I think I have officially broken up with birchbox for the last time. I did not pick a sample this month and remained spoiler free until the 10th. My box loaded and I don't feel, in my personal opinion, it's even worth the $5 after review points. I am getting:

La Fresh makeup remover wipe

Number 4 styling spray

Dr. Jart BB night cream

Coastal scents palette

Aruba aloe foot cream

The only thing I have any interest in is the Dr. Jart, but their samples are so small I probably won't even be able to cover my face one time. Humph. So long birchbox.

Latest posts

Back