Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone do the beta upgraded box? It doesn't tell me which 2 are my full size products! It looks like every month the upgraded have all received the same full size products.
YES, I'm getting 2 Upgrade boxes and 1 regular random box curated by the cupcake lady. I don't ever pick samples and usually I get things I like extremely well anyway.

Birchbox is NOT sending me the PYS emails!! I don't know why but it's not making me happy. Is it because you can't pick a sample with the Upgrade box? My $10 box is a sub. renewal. I'm lost. LOL.

YES, I'm getting 2 Upgrade boxes and 1 regular random box curated by the cupcake lady. I don't ever pick samples and usually I get things I like extremely well anyway.

Birchbox is NOT sending me the PYS emails!! I don't know why but it's not making me happy. Is it because you can't pick a sample with the Upgrade box? My $10 box is a sub. renewal. I'm lost. LOL.

What are the 2 full size products this month? I'm dieing to know!!!

What are the 2 full size products this month? I'm dieing to know!!!
I read on MSA but cannot confirm that it's the mascara and ONE full sized eye shadow from the Cargo palette of colors. However, another person said it's the Laura Mercier lip and a single sized Cargo eye shadow.

The eye shadow single, if it is one of the premium items, certainly doesn't meet the price range they said we would get. Cargo shadows are really inexpensive. ( I remember them from Little Black Bag years- I like Cargo blush but the eye shadows tend to be very muddy with little pigmentation, cheap in price and quality IOW). 

Sorry to post this in multiple places, but it's such a good code!

Use coupon code BLEND by May 15th to get this free Beauty Blender Sponge and Cleanser ($26 Value) free with your first Birchbox!
Does this have to be for a "new" account or can I just add another sub using my same email address?  Thanks.

Loving my box this month. Excited to finally get a new perfume - Desert Blush by Raw Spirit. And I've been wanting to try Living Proof. I didn't love it, but my curiosity is quelled. I think I will like the Marcelle Hydra-C. I love the cards with the box. I don't think anyone has mentioned the Domino Magazine store's 15%discount. There is a 20% off code on Domino Magazine's shopping website if you spend $100 as well. I think the card is cute and the recipe from the Cupcakes and Cashmere book is a nice touch.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled and resubbed on my second account using the BLEND code. It said it was applied. I wonder if it will come in next month's box or travel on it's own. Come to me little blender. I need you in my life.

So, I have 1 month left (June) on a 12 month sub.  If I cancel it and re-sub using the BLEND code will I then get 2 June boxes?  Or 1 in July and 1 in June?  Or will I just get 1 box from the new sub even though I still have 1 month remaining on the one I am canceling and NOT get the last 1 of my 12 mo sub?  Sorry, I just don't want to blow this!  Experts, please lead me to the light! *LOL*  Thank you !!!!!!!  :blush2:

Well no sign of my BS box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I'll give it till Wednesday which is the day my tracking says it will be delivered.

As far as my missing PYS, birchbox said they are going to send me the sea salt spray separately, but last month my eyeshadow palette was busted and they said they'd send another one out to me, but later they said they ran out and gave me 50 points.

I cancelled and resubbed on my second account using the BLEND code. It said it was applied. I wonder if it will come in next month's box or travel on it's own. Come to me little blender. I need you in my life.
Were you charged tax?  My order for a monthly sub adds tax.  I don't recall this in the past.  Thanks.

there is one review of the cargo palette on birchbox and it doesnt say she purchased it and she says quote "Perfect neutral palette for the summer. Long lasting and great colors" that would be great if we got the whole palette and i wish she was more specific on what she got lol

Were you charged tax?  My order for a monthly sub adds tax.  I don't recall this in the past.  Thanks.
I am always charged tax because I live in NY.  For a while subs got to do whatever they wanted but I believe this has changed recently. 

if I cancel my sub and then resub, I won't get a duplicate BB this month, correct?
I do this all the time. If account A received a box for May it can never get another May box. 

Girlnamed Pete's  question about a yearly sub has me stumped.

I wish birchbox would give out more beauty tools like brushes. I will use it all except the styling spray. I like the mini shadow palettes for my to go makeup bag. The foot creme will be nice in my pool bag. Makeup wipes are handy now especially since I just ran out. I like dr. Jart and I love night cremes so that's a win. I just wish it were bigger than my pinky but hey at least no foil packets! But really, this isn't worth $10 and I would definitely not pick it up in the store for $10. Disappointing month.

image.jpg

My box is still in route. Feels like forever. I've held off on checking cheats or my account. I want to be surprised but it's getting harder since my box is taking so long to get here.

I wish birchbox would give out more beauty tools like brushes. I will use it all except the styling spray. I like the mini shadow palettes for my to go makeup bag. The foot creme will be nice in my pool bag. Makeup wipes are handy now especially since I just ran out. I like dr. Jart and I love night cremes so that's a win. I just wish it were bigger than my pinky but hey at least no foil packets! But really, this isn't worth $10 and I would definitely not pick it up in the store for $10. Disappointing month.
Box twin - actually happy with my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back