Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie sub this month.

In my box I am getting (according to the website)

Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream

Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect

Marcelle Clay Mask

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm Shade #2

Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette

I then subbed for a second box (dfferent account) because I got a promo code for half off the first box (BB50FF) and it says it is sending me the exact same box as my other one. A bit bummed about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie sub this month.

In my box I am getting (according to the website)

Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream

Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect

Marcelle Clay Mask

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm Shade #2

Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette

I then subbed for a second box (dfferent account) because I got a promo code for half off the first box (BB50FF) and it says it is sending me the exact same box as my other one. A bit bummed about that.
This happened to me last month - the first month of my Referral Sub :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily, it was all products I could use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's my box - sorry for the terrible lighting. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I'll use the Marcelle; it feels very similar to the gel moisturizer I use. The lipstick is hot pink in the tube, but it's supposed to be sheer, so it might be really pretty on. I just don't know if I should swap it or try it on and risk being stuck with it if I hate it.

IMG_20150513_013019.jpg

my may box came quicker than most times and of course, the box is a total waste of space for me.  Uggghhhh....I feel back for the curator of this box, because it is so sad.

my may box came quicker than most times and of course, the box is a total waste of space for me.  Uggghhhh....I feel back for the curator of this box, because it is so sad.
So sorry to hear your box was a total miss. I went with the curated box this month, as I've hated every box I've received that I left up to chance and was about to cancel. I love the Well people mascara and but the rest was just ox. It was better than any of the other boxes I've had through Birchbox however, so I've had some sad boxes. Don't know why I've had such horrible luck. Hope next month is better for us both....well if I don't end up canceling lol. 

Is there a swap thread up for May yet? (I have ModelCo party proof lipstick in dusk til dawn and want it to go to a loving home!)

Did not even know they were sampling the Smashbox Primer Water until I saw EricaD's post, now I really want that!

Got my box a couple of days ago, got to try out some things.

Juara - Candlenut Body Cream

- Love the smell of this! Reminds me of a mix of sugar cookies, flowers, and clean air. I know that maybe sounds like the most mixed up pairings for a smell, but it is so nice! The smell stays on for awhile too.

- Goes into the skin really smoothly, hydrates pretty good, but not the best thing I have tried out.

- Sample size, pretty good. Not too much for a body cream though.

Benefit - Lollibalm

- Always have been a big fan of Benefit, never tried their balms so I was so happy to get this!

- Sheer wash of purple, so this is perfect for me since I always want to try bold colors, but too afraid.

- It has a great amount of moisture, but I seem to need to put it on again after about half an hour (About a little bit more time then say a Baby Lips for me) so that my lips feel good again.

- There is a strong rose-scent to it, which I like sugar smells better, but it is not that bad.

- Sample size, pretty good! Thought it would be around the same size of the Fakeup I have had, which came in similar packaging and came with such little packaging, but this one is better! Since it is so creamy though, I feel like the product will go away fast.

PARLOR - Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray

- I have pretty curly hair if I let my hair dry naturally, so sea salt sprays do not do too much to my hair.

- This does feel more moisturizing for my hair then a normal sea salt spray, so that is pretty nice! Does not leave it feeling crispy or tacky at all.

- This smells amazing! Just like a tropical beach vacation!

- Sample size, pretty nice as well! I can get lots of use out of this one.

Harvey Prince - Sincerely

- Smells sweet, spicy, but light at the same time. Not my favorite thing in the world, but this type of smell would be something I wear when going into the fall.

- Sample size, it is a spray bottle which I like, and also comes with a cute cap on top!

Dr. Jart+ - Ceramidin Day Tint

- I got the ceramidin cream before, and still use the sample on small spots of dryness, love it! So I was happy to be getting this one.

- Not as moisturizing as the other sample I have, but is nice and lightweight for daytime use.

- Coverage wise, not so much at all.

- Like the SPF in it.

- Color would not suit everyone at all. It has a rather golden undertone, and the color I would say is a light/medium color. This would not work for me in the winter, but now that summer is almost here, this will be great!

- Sample size, pretty good, but still a little bit small for me to try it out for a couple of days.

Really love this BB this month, really surprised how I liked all of the samples so much!

Has anyone recieced their upgraded box yet? I would love to know for sure which two products are full sizes! I've read so many possibilities but, I really don't think they would send us a full Cargo eyeshadow palette or a Smasbox primer, that would be awesome though! Ithink it will be the Laura Mercier lipstick and the Prescriptives mascara. I'm literally obsessed with mascara so I'm excited to try it but we just recieced one last month, I haven't seen anyone who doesn't get an upgrade receive either of those this month in samples and everything else I have, and usually that's how it works.

Blah my BS box drama continues....this really IS becoming a BS box and not a beauty solution, either.

Was supposed to get the box Saturday, tracking said it was undeliverable at addressed, it had a expected delivery day of yesterday but it didn't show up. Made my way to the PO this morning and had to wait behind some retiree who's got all the time in the world to shoot the sh*t with the employees (dude just GO!). Anyway supervisor says "oh yeah the carrier on your route showed me a box yesterday, said they were going to leave you a note" No note left. Supervisor said well maybe they'll deliver it today, took my number said she'd call me (they never call me) SIGH! Then she says "if it doesn't arrive today it's on it's way back to the sender."

Blahhhhhh.

I sent a note to Birchbox, maybe they can just send out a replacement. Just stinks to have to wait, again.

That's a real bummer for you, having to deal with that. My box is still in route. It's really taking forever. I usually get mine late but this feels even later usual unless I'm imagining.

Are box pages not loading for anyone else? I also can't log into the app on my phone.

Are box pages not loading for anyone else? I also can't log into the app on my phone.
Im able to log into my account that's not active but not my active one. And on the regular browser I can get my account open but can't see my box. I'm guessing they are just having it issues

Made my way to the PO this morning and had to wait behind some retiree who's got all the time in the world to shoot the sh*t with the employees (dude just GO!).
Busted out laughing.  This happens all the time in my neck of the woods, but includes grocery store at 7:00 a.m. on the way to work.

Woke up to my many emails from makeuptalk, had to lol at one in this thread. Why do people think it's ok to pop in and hawk products from a personal sales page?? Drives me crazy, I don't want your weird mascara!

I got my box today and sadly my eyeshadow quad is broken. I probably won't even email bb because I have plenty of shadows. I've never gotten anything broken in almost two years of subs.

I love the dry shampoo but I love all things amika so that's no surprise.

Juice cc is great coverage but the smell is not nice.

Not soap is smaller than my other samples but at least it's a scent I don't have.

I got my box today and sadly my eyeshadow quad is broken. I probably won't even email bb because I have plenty of shadows. I've never gotten anything broken in almost two years of subs.

I love the dry shampoo but I love all things amika so that's no surprise.

Juice cc is great coverage but the smell is not nice.

Not soap is smaller than my other samples but at least it's a scent I don't have.[/quote

Oops! Meant to add the pictures.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back