Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take your Gilchrist & Soames body lotion if you take my shampoos/conditioners ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If they do start working to limit subscribers to one box they better be working on making those boxes fit more to the individual or they will eventually see a big drop in long term subscribers.
Don't want the shampoos and conditioners!  (Unless they want to send No. 4 my way.  I like that one and I would never pay anywhere near what they charge for a full-size bottle.)  The samples are never big enough for me to use even once (I have a lot of hair).  (Will gladly take brightly-colored lipsticks, nail polish, skin/complexion stuff -- both anti-acne and anti-aging -- SPF, hand cream, cleansers, exfoliators, makeup remover, most primers, non-G&S bath/body stuff, liquid eyeliner, mascara, blush/cheek stains, etc.  There's plenty they have that I like, I just only seem to be getting it about half the time.)

Agree about making the boxes fit the individual.  I don't feel like they use the profile at all right now (other than number of perfume samples).  It's more a case of them just sending whatever I haven't already received.  And if they are giving us points for reviews, why not start using the review information to tailor the boxes to us better?  I don't think they have to select 5-6 items just for me in a unique box that no one else gets -- that wouldn't be practical (and can you imagine the warehouse screw-ups?).  But maybe there is a happy medium.

Really loved my Cuppa Cuppa, and I got about 3 uses out of my "single use" tube.  I didn't want to lay it on so thick that it ran into my eyes.  And it definitely didn't go bad or anything during the week it was open. 

I got my boxes today (dupes). Happier with them in person than I was before I got them, but it's still definitely a box I don't need two of!

eyeko fat stick in Satin Taupe - Happy about this...it's a nice neutral that I will try out as a base under my shadows!

Fekkai masque - Smells good and is a good sample size - I can probably get 3 uses out of each one.

Perlier body butter - It smells okay and feels nice. I'll keep it in my bag to use at work!

Supergoop CC cream - blah. They did send me Fair to Light this time, so I'll try it and see if the color match is better than the last they sent me.

Tocca Florence - It's a great sample size. However, it's just not a scent I like. I don't think it smells bad, it just doesn't suit me...it's very floral, mostly gardenia. I'll see if my mom likes it, and if not, I'll use it as a room spray.

Justin's Almond Butter - boring. It doesn't taste bad, I'll eat it. But wish I'd gotten chocolate instead!

Honestly, I say if you are having problems, CALL CS. I know it's easier to send an email, but with the phone call, you get immediate service. I get that some of you hate talking on the phone, but look at this as practice. You'll end up with better, faster solutions to your problems instead of waiting for someone to get around to you. 

I also finally received Nov. late yesterday. Meh. I seriously wish they'd STOP with the Gilchrist & Soames. I have never received a product from them I like. I go to enough hotels, I don't need to pay to get hotel worthy samples. If anyone wants the shower gel, let a gal know! 

Came home to my 2nd account's box shoved in my mailbox.

Yay, firecracker chocopod (no bacon).  Will save it for later, though.  Am getting ready to do some intense cardio and I prefer to have a completely empty stomach for that.

The ModelCo lipstick in "Get Naked" will be interesting with my skin tone, but I've gotten away with nude lipsticks before.  So we'll see.  I've pretty much tried most of the other stuff before, except the Klorane dry shampoo.  I'm not a dry shampoo user but I suppose I could always use it, see what happens, then take a shower and wash my hair anyway if I don't like the result.  No risk except a few minutes of extra time.  I guess that's the point of Birchbox, anyway, is discovering new things.

Ok help because this was my first birchbox. I got my box today and my card says I should have the eyeko stick but it's not in my box.

Should I email them?

Ok help because this was my first birchbox. I got my box today and my card says I should have the eyeko stick but it's not in my box.

Should I email them?
Yes!  They will likely send you the eyeko, comp you 100 points or send you a whole new box.

FYI if they say they will send a whole new box, do your reviews for points now, and when your new box page loads (you don't always get the same box) you will get to do the points for the new box.  Hope that makes sense.

I personally always attach photos to my email so take a picture of the box and product card but defintely let them know!

That is too big of a sample not to get!

Update: Response already, they can't send the sample since they're out but they gave me 100 points so I'm happy! Yay free box.

Well I was able to view my box today! Even though I was too late to choose a sample, I ended up getting some anyway. I'm getting the Cuppa cuppa, not soap radio, Cynthia Rowley lip in Valentine, supergoop, the makeup remover (Krelane?), and a chocolate snack I can't remember. Excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got to view my box!!!!! (Don't know when it will be in my hands, but this is exciting)

I am getting: 

Juer Matte Moisture Tint

Dr. Jart+ Ceramindin Cream

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (1.0 oz)

Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara 

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash

And some chocolate.

So far I am okay with the this box, have never tried any of this stuff and the body wash will be great for my gym bag or something, same with the dry shampoo. 

Just had my box page load on my 2nd box.

Not thrilled with the contents...but...I used a code so the box was free and I get to review 6 items so I came out ahead of the game.

I'm getting :

Not Soap radio- can definitely use this at the gym - happy with this sample

Gilchrist & soammes- got in my first box and hate their stuff-going to homeless shelter pile with the rest of my hotel soaps etc.

Fekkai hair mask- happy to try

Almond butter snack-will try but would have rather had any of the other treats.

Laura mercier eye liner - hope I get the purple. This was the best sample in this box

Dr lipp- have this sample - don't love it.

I'm not typically a complainer and a 6 item box is always a win. I guess I'm just disappointed because I ordered a second box in the hopes of getting some things my secret Santa really wanted. Well that isn't happening. Guess I can hit up the trade threads but I'm not thinking any of these items are super trade worthy.

My second box loaded finally. I'm getting jouer moisture ting, have it already but like it so happy. Chuao chocolate, hopefully not the firecracker. Cynthia Rowly lip stain. Amika dry shampoo. Borghese mud mask. Delle day cream.

Excited for everything. This box seems almost better than my main box. Well yes it is better. I can't use the model co lipstick by itself because it's my face color.

I think there are changes going on in the background that they will probably unveil for next year. We know they have already figured out and stopped the sending gift cards with points thing. So they must be closely looking at all the other ways their system has been gamed. The new wording for sample reviews - up tp 50 points - likely means that change will be coming down the line. I only hope they are smart enough (and I think they are) to announce that before people get the 6/7/8 sample boxes. I think it's very possible they are not happy about subscribers having multiple accounts and they are working on that now. It could explain why in just our little MUT world there have been issues with people who have multi's. I have a few others thoughts on this but I'm starting to sounds paranoid.  ;)
I've been somewhat out of the loop lately. What kind of issues have people been having related to having more than one account?

Don't want the shampoos and conditioners!  (Unless they want to send No. 4 my way.  I like that one and I would never pay anywhere near what they charge for a full-size bottle.)  The samples are never big enough for me to use even once (I have a lot of hair).  (Will gladly take brightly-colored lipsticks, nail polish, skin/complexion stuff -- both anti-acne and anti-aging -- SPF, hand cream, cleansers, exfoliators, makeup remover, most primers, non-G&S bath/body stuff, liquid eyeliner, mascara, blush/cheek stains, etc.  There's plenty they have that I like, I just only seem to be getting it about half the time.)

Agree about making the boxes fit the individual.  I don't feel like they use the profile at all right now (other than number of perfume samples).  It's more a case of them just sending whatever I haven't already received.  And if they are giving us points for reviews, why not start using the review information to tailor the boxes to us better?  I don't think they have to select 5-6 items just for me in a unique box that no one else gets -- that wouldn't be practical (and can you imagine the warehouse screw-ups?).  But maybe there is a happy medium.
In regards to personalization, does anyone else have this on their account? 

bb prefs.png

I received an email from Birchbox a few weeks ago inviting me to test this new feature. Anyone else?

I am having such a whack birchbox month, y'all. First my main account was showing active, even though it wasn't. If you'll recall, I asked CS to resub me to monthly, and I thought they had, but it was inactive. I figured this out in time to loose my sample reservation. But whatever.

Then on my alt account, which resubscribeded before the 1st, they sent me an Oct box, and didn't send my Nov box on that account until late last week. I still can't see what I'm getting on the 2nd account, and my first account says the birchbox was delivered, and it totally wasn't. This was per USPS tracking, too. It explicitly says they delivered it to my mailbox on Friday. I got junk mail Friday and Saturday, so I know my mail came. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wah wah wah. I emailed them about the missing box, but maybe account #2 will update tomorrow. I hope I get the motherlode box, to make up for all of this. I totally suspect my mail man screwed up, again. Maybe one of my neighbors is sitting around with a hair mask on, smelling like mermaid snot, wondering what the heck nipple balm is for.

My box was still "arrived at their shipping partner" on the 20th in the am. How long does it usually take for a box to arrive? 

I only ask because I am having issue with PSMH and I might be worried. 

Update on my November BB fiasco. My alt account updated! I am getting the Cindy Loumanizer, which was one of the things I really wanted. The rest of the box is okay. I will try it all. Only one repeat from previous months and it's a masque, which I can trade or use.

My main account is under request for a replacement box, which will probably be a totally different box. It wasn't a terrible box, but I am thrilled to get a re-roll. There were a lot of things I wanted to try in the Nov boxes, and that box had none of them. They might end up sending me points if they run out of boxes. I am cool with that. Especially, since I quickly reviewed the Nov items from the old-missing box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first box today.  Pretty quick considering it was a 11/20 ship date.  The chocolate and the eyeko fat stick were the highlight of the box for me.  The Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain was not.   This was an extra with a promo code.    Half full hand cream, bent perfume vial and No 4 Hair Prime and Protect rounded out the box.  

Latest posts

Back