Birchbox October 2014 Spoilers! Video is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to choose the modelco.  Also I can barely believe that they're talking about october boxes already!! September went by so fast  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a modelco lipstick in my July 2013 box but I can't remember what color it was, I traded it.

I might go for it again and the lip glosses.

I don't hate the liner, but wish it was brown with glitter instead of black.

I got a modelco lipstick in my July 2013 box but I can't remember what color it was, I traded it.

I might go for it again and the lip glosses.

I don't hate the liner, but wish it was brown with glitter instead of black.
To each their own, but that brand of eyeliner is really only good if you plan to smudge it into a smokey-eye kind of thing. 

Just wanted to save you from the disappointment I'm sure everyone has had with that brand. 

I have 2 of the Party Proof lipsticks, but not Kitty...I do like them, but I'm also liking the look of that Melon gloss...hmm. At least I know I don't want the liner. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm kind of tempted by the candle, but it really depends how much it is.
In the video there was a blurb that said it was $18

I got both of the Mally colors in a TSV from QVC back in December (I ended up returning the kit because I just wasn't wowed by the shadows...all three palettes ended up looking so similar on me). 

I "think" the lip colors were okay but obviously didn't wow me or I would remember!  LOL!

The ModelCo Kitty color is way too neutral/light for me...my face disappears with nude lipsticks.

I am afraid to not pick the Mally for fear that I'll end up with the eyeliner if I don't pick something else!

I've had the Mally lipgloss before (the lightest pink shade) and it was just 'ok.'   I think I'll pick the darker pink of Mally for my sample.  The Modelco is a bit too neutral for me to pull off and there's no way I'd ever in a million years want another black eyeliner (glitter or no) because I'm swimming in them. Plus I find Lord & Berry to be difficult to apply, dry and not very pigmented.  

I've been so impressed with Birchbox lately, this was another good month for me and I think it's great they're offering two full size products (the tiny L&B eyeliner seems out of place compared to the other choices).  

I tried L&B when I was with Ipsy - it smudged horribly.  I'm scared if I don't do a PYS, I'll get it.  None of the PYS this month call my name though. It's an October box, you would think they would have more of a red/berry/etc lip colors.  Here is to hoping for a curated box...

Hmmm... not super excited about any of the PYS, so I'm going to stick with only two boxes this month - probably will get the ModelCo and the Mally in Melon. And......... I'm kind of tempted by the candle. XD

Can we use a gift card to buy the Birchbox Plus items or must it be paid with credit card? 

I want all the lippies!! I almost want to open up more accounts so I can still get a full mystery box and so I can pick up an extra box for a Christmas gift. But that might be a bit excessive. Maybe...

I'm probably going to pick the lipstick, but the Mally glosses are pretty too!

I am actually kind of annoyed that there's only makeup to choose from this month. Couldn't they have put a skincare item in there too? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's easy for me, but my mom also gets Birchbox and she only wears ONE color of lipstick and while she wears mascara, she doesn't wear any other eye makeup, so none of these samples are going to work for her.

I'm hoping there will be one of those "fashionista"-like boxes that have a set group of samples that she might like. She likes choosing a sample each month so she'll be bummed out that there's nothing she's interested in.

None of the choices are really calling my name. . . but I don't want to be stuck with that little eyeliner (I've tried it already through Ipsy, and it was part of the reason I canceled their sub).  To pick or not to pick, that is the question.

Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that even if we don't choose the eyeliner, a good number of us will end up with it any way?  Ipsy had enough to make sure almost every subscriber got one over the two months they gave them out so they are definitely giving these companies quite a few of them.  I would love to get the pink Malley. 

Did they say if there was going to be early access this time around for any group? 

Model Co Lipstick in Kitty is my go to lipstick. It is a neutral on the pink side and kind of looks like what MissJexie is wearing in her picture. It is light, creamy, tastes nice and doesn't separate like balms. I liked it so much When it came in my box that I bought the three pack, but Kitty was still my favorite color.

I'm excited for BB this month!  I want the ModelCo lipstick & the add-on candle.  I never done a BB add-on & I might even get 2 candles.

Back