Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh birchbox.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 12.34.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 12.35.17 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good god. Perhaps CS reps need a quarterly reading comprehension refresher course.

I've had some issues with CS seemingly not reading my messages either. I haven't been able to use my new "lists" feature on BB in a month. I had to write into CS three times before I could get a rep to understand my problem was not "placing an order" or "requesting tracking info" (and not because my message was unclear - I write for a living, for pete's sake). The last rep finally got it, and started to "look into" the issue for me, but apparently prematurely closed the ticket as "Resolved" (it isn't).

Good god. Perhaps CS reps need a quarterly reading comprehension refresher course.

I've had some issues with CS seemingly not reading my messages either. I haven't been able to use my new "lists" feature on BB in a month. I had to write into CS three times before I could get a rep to understand my problem was not "placing an order" or "requesting tracking info" (and not because my message was unclear - I write for a living, for pete's sake). The last rep finally got it, and started to "look into" the issue for me, but apparently prematurely closed the ticket as "Resolved" (it isn't).
I appears at least from the email that the sample bundle is coming with my gift subscription, but why do I feel that i will be writing them another email asking "where is my sample pack?"

Oh and this box was supposed to have shipped on 12/28.  But now they're saying two weeks after ordering which makes it shipping on New Years day. 10 days, two weeks, who's counting?

My last pack was "12 Benefit" for hair and Model Co lipstick in "Smitten".

I also got two mystery pack for men, but I was really disappointed in both. Small and boring samples.

My first mystery pack was nothing particularly exciting but at least the sizes were good. I got a Fekkai shampoo, which might be appreciated if I still used shampoo but I don't and my hair thanks me for it (and so does my hairdresser). The other thing was a Laqa&Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray Cray. I've had no luck with these on my lips. They go into every crease and find every little piece of dry skin. Even if I properly exfoliate they still don't look good. They are far too pale and wash me out. I think the best way to describe them is chalky which seems odd for a lip product. I'm going to try it as a cheek color since peach blush has been sort of my thing lately. Quite a good color for a ginger if I do say so myself. 

I received a davines oi conditioner foil packet which is funny because my order was a full sized davines oi conditioner. And my other sample was a Manna lip stain in "all of me" which is actually a really pretty color. But still, even though I love the conditioner enough to buy the full size I was disappointed in a foil packet as one of my 2 samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an order over the weekend and my MSP was:

Dr. Brandt pores no more cleanser

Laqa & Co cheeky lip crayon in cray cray

Not great, but not horrible either.

That is a good one! I loved the roller lash I sampled when that was a sample choice and if I ever run out of mascara I want to buy it in full size!

Anyway, I just got a great mystery pack - a Davines OI hair potion and a Paula's Choice face resist face oil. The hair potion is a decent sized sample and both are brands I love. It's the kind of sample pack that would have me running off to place another order if I wasn't on a no-buy to recover from Christmas!

That's a nice pack @Miccarty2. That is the hardest part about no buy, getting a sample of something that works great and not be able to buy it. I just try and save the products on a wish list for next time. By the time my no buy is over my wish list will be too long and it will be so hard to narrow down to one or two things to get. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I got a sample pack today with everyday glamour LE box. It had a Cynthia rowdy lip stain in poppy (luckily a color I dont have) and a beauty protector conditioner spray (this is my third one of these).

I had to email CS again to get them to send my sample bundle for the 20Gift promo. They acted like it was "oh just shipped today" what a coincidence it shipped the same day I emailed you! How funny!  :angry:

I just got my New Years order, sample pack was a whish lavender butter and a shisedo ultimune concentrate (I think that's what it's called). I'm really happy with this one. I also got the wanderlust earrings and well people gloss with the free w $35 purchase bonus shop promo and I love them. The earrings are SO pretty.

I received an order over the weekend and my MSP was:

Dr. Brandt pores no more cleanser

Laqa & Co cheeky lip crayon in cray cray

Not great, but not horrible either.
I have that lip crayon from Laqa & Co.  It's an exact dupe for one of the Revlon matte lip crayons.  Both are hideous in my opinion.  They sink into the lines and the pastel florescent orange looks flaky and cracked no matter how moisturized and exfoliated my lips are.  

Latest posts

Back