Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that lip crayon from Laqa & Co.  It's an exact dupe for one of the Revlon matte lip crayons.  Both are hideous in my opinion.  They sink into the lines and the pastel florescent orange looks flaky and cracked no matter how moisturized and exfoliated my lips are.  
I couldn't pull off the Laqa&Co crayons on my lips either. Tthey really seem to accent my wrinkles but they seem to work ok on my cheeks as an emergency blush. I  don't wear a blush every day but some days if I'm in a hurry but want to have some color, I'll just quickly use these and they work ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a brow pencil and stila mascara. I was hoping to get some of the awesome stuff you ladies have been getting but no such luck. These will both get used, i have 2 of the pencils already but they are suuuper tiny

Made two orders this week (Sunday) and already got one of them (with the free Standard shipping- how awesome is that?) And I love the Pick 2 I got.  First, I've never sampled either of the items before (which is uncommon considering I have 2, sometimes 3 accounts and buy a lot from the store)...I got a Wilma Schuman  Hydrating Collage Eye Pads (i pr) and a My Organic Pharmacy Manuka Blemish cream.  I have acne-prone skin so I'm really excited to try that.  A great Pick 2 for me!

Got my second order and another awesome pick 2!  Jane Iredale hand drink.  Small tube for a hand cream, the smell is rather inoffensive- slightly like roses and a medicinal smell kindof like hospital soap but it goes on smooth and not greasy.  The other item I am super excited for- the Stila Huge Extreme lash mascara that was a SC pick a few months ago (and I passed over for the Roller Lash and They;re Real).  Thrilled to be able to give this one a shot!  4 samples- no repeats I'm happy!

(Not to mention I got the Coastal Scents Brush set, a Sigma brush and  a Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz for just $15 out of pocket (and $40 in points).  LOVE.BIRCHBOX!

I tried the Jane Iredale hand drink also and I didn't really care for it. I think the smell was from the sunscreen and I just didn't want sunscreen in my hand lotion. The lotion worked ok though. It's probably better to use a hand lotion with a sunscreen in it but I prefer to go with out.

Blah.  My sample pack had Whish shave cream (I use the Schick Intuition and no shave cream) and Marcelle eye liner.  I think I have the whole collection now!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine today had the still liquid lipstick in the orange color (now I have gotten them all) and a box with 4 fouls of an overnight face cream that I hadn't seen before. This one was pretty good for me

It's not quite the mystery pack, but my 20GIFT came the other day. I got a Smashbox 24 Hour Foundation Primer sample ($9.00 val), Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Tinted Primer sample ($9.00 val), Marcelle BB Cream sample in Golden Glow ($4.20 val), Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo ($4.50 val), and an Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner ($16.00 val)

$42.70 value for the gifts. I'm totally OK with that, even if the Golden Glow is dark enough on me to only be useful as a bronzer. Everything is something I'll use (albeit that one not how it's intended).

Anyone else get theirs yet?

It's not quite the mystery pack, but my 20GIFT came the other day. I got a Smashbox 24 Hour Foundation Primer sample ($9.00 val), Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Tinted Primer sample ($9.00 val), Marcelle BB Cream sample in Golden Glow ($4.20 val), Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo ($4.50 val), and an Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner ($16.00 val)

$42.70 value for the gifts. I'm totally OK with that, even if the Golden Glow is dark enough on me to only be useful as a bronzer. Everything is something I'll use (albeit that one not how it's intended).

I'm still waiting for mine. Did you receive tracking for it?

I got mine on Friday (never did get any tracking on it Bizgirlva)...everything is really nice except the Marcelle Golden Glow is way too dark for me so that part was kind of disappointing. Glad you were at least able to get a bronzer out of it!

I got mine on Friday (never did get any tracking on it Bizgirlva)...everything is really nice except the Marcelle Golden Glow is way too dark for me so that part was kind of disappointing. Glad you were at least able to get a bronzer out of it!
Ugh I'm STILL waiting for mine. 

Ugh I'm STILL waiting for mine. 
I got my 20gift promo sample bundle last night, at home, which is weird since I get my box sent to my office but I got it finally. But earlier in the day I had emailed Birchbox asking them were it was, could they send me tracking or re-send the sample pack. They said they couldn't send another one because it was all out of stock, so they just gave me 100 points.  Whoa! I wasn't expecting that but ok! Thanks BB!

This isn't necessarily about pick-twos but WTF is going on with Birchbox's shipping right now?

I ordered an eye cream with my anniversary key-chain and a sample pack on the 19th, got shipping confirmation on the 20th. It didn't move for a whole week, so I contacted Birchbox and they said it probably got lost in the mail, and that they'd re-send another duplicate package. The new shipping came Wednesday the 27th. Now neither of the packages tracking are moving, and it's been nine days. Around Christmas I got shipped packages in less than three days. What gives BB? My undereyes are cracking and dry because of you!

I believe I received the best pick-two of my Birchbox history today: Benefit GimmeBrow sample and a full size Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla shade  :wub:  
I purchased the Laura Geller highlighter before and still happily use it, so this is great. And I haven't tried GimmeBrow, so I'm excited.
I think Birchbox really tries to step up their pick-two game :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This isn't necessarily about pick-twos but WTF is going on with Birchbox's shipping right now?

I ordered an eye cream with my anniversary key-chain and a sample pack on the 19th, got shipping confirmation on the 20th. It didn't move for a whole week, so I contacted Birchbox and they said it probably got lost in the mail, and that they'd re-send another duplicate package. The new shipping came Wednesday the 27th. Now neither of the packages tracking are moving, and it's been nine days. Around Christmas I got shipped packages in less than three days. What gives BB? My undereyes are cracking and dry because of you!
I've had nothing but awful shipping experiences with them for months. Most recently, I ordered a Men's pick two with an order and received a tinted beauty balm and a perfume...so definitely not Men's and nothing that I can use. CS completely ignored my request for a replacement. Shop orders (I'm ACES) take about twice as long to reach me. I've ordered things from Korea that arrived before a Birchbox shop order.

I've had nothing but awful shipping experiences with them for months. Most recently, I ordered a Men's pick two with an order and received a tinted beauty balm and a perfume...so definitely not Men's and nothing that I can use. CS completely ignored my request for a replacement. Shop orders (I'm ACES) take about twice as long to reach me. I've ordered things from Korea that arrived before a Birchbox shop order.
I wonder who comes up with the idea to add BB cream into men's pick two :/

They should have definitely sent you a replacement.

Sorry, you had to go through such nonsense with them.

Unfortunately, Birchbox CS quality has no standard, some are really good and some do not even attempt to help.

I wonder who comes up with the idea to add BB cream into men's pick two :/

They should have definitely sent you a replacement.

Sorry, you had to go through such nonsense with them.

Unfortunately, Birchbox CS quality has no standard, some are really good and some do not even attempt to help.
Very true. It seems like it is all or nothing these days.

I believe I received the best pick-two of my Birchbox history today: Benefit GimmeBrow sample and a full size Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla shade :wub:

I purchased the Laura Geller highlighter before and still happily use it, so this is great. And I haven't tried GimmeBrow, so I'm excited.

I think Birchbox really tries to step up their pick-two game :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just got the same one! Yay

I finally got my order with men's msp after the shipping fiasco and it has a BB cream too! Birchbox fail.

Latest posts

Back