Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all always get such amazing mystery sample packs.

I get stuff I can't use and leaky shampoo.  I got a bottle of Momo Shampoo from Davines that's 1/4 empty. And N4 Restore and Repair hair oil.

Sigh...

ETA oh and the MoMo shampoo was in Men's birchbox's and I requested a women's mystery sample pack. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had ordered some hair care for my son but picked the women's mystery back. I got Momo shampoo and Tarte Lipsurgency Lip stain. I noticed the momo shampoo was about 1/4 empty too. How strange. The other davines samples I've got have been full.

I had ordered some hair care for my son but picked the women's mystery back. I got Momo shampoo and Tarte Lipsurgency Lip stain. I noticed the momo shampoo was about 1/4 empty too. How strange. The other davines samples I've got have been full.
I search for pictures of it and it seems it just comes that way for some reason. Oh well I'll still use it but it's not terribly exciting. 

I search for pictures of it and it seems it just comes that way for some reason. Oh well I'll still use it but it's not terribly exciting. 
Good to know that it's just the way it is. I'll use it too. I don't mind the Davines shampoos.

IMG_20160206_114145.jpg

A full sized item that retails for $24.00 in the Birchbox store and the other item is approximately half of the full sized so is worth retail $18.00. Wow, I think I just fainted.  :p

My latest mystery pack included the Quidad Ultra-Nourishing Cleansing Oil - Curl Refining (mini bottle worth about $7.64), and Kerastaste Bain Force Architecture Cleanse (a foil worth about $1.52).

Total Value: $9.16

Not quite the $10 that it sells for, but things I'll use and get lots of uses out of the one. And since I got it in an order where I got the My Favorite Night Balm and a 3 month gift card for $22.50... I'm okay with it. Still came out on top.

I noticed something interesting on my latest order:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 11.17.19 AM.png

The SKU for the Mystery sample pack is BFFMSP. That's the same promo code used on a recent promo from Birchbox:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 11.17.36 AM.png

I'm wondering if I'll get two Mystery Sample Packs with this order?

Okay, so the mystery pack I just got yesterday was Marcelle eyeliner in Indigo-this is the third one I've got I also have Lagoon, and Electric Blue...I more of a black eyeliner girl and a foil pack of the purple (can't remember what kind it is) Davine's conditioner. 

I noticed something interesting on my latest order:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 11.17.19 AM.png

The SKU for the Mystery sample pack is BFFMSP. That's the same promo code used on a recent promo from Birchbox:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 11.17.36 AM.png

I'm wondering if I'll get two Mystery Sample Packs with this order?
I"m getting this shipment today, I'll update in a bit what the outcome is....just my luck it'll be foils!  :rolleyes:

ETA: No luck on the extra two mystery sample pack. My items were Coastal Scents Revealed Palette sampler in Ballerina and Cynthia Rowley lip stain in heartthrob. I have both of these. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a great pick two today...Stila Huge mascara and Avene Soothing moisture mask...I haven't tried either of these products before and the mask sounds great for my winter skin!
Stila Huge lash mascara is the best ever! I was a firm believer of Lancome Hypnose until receiving a sample of Stila. Now, it's my new favorite, so much volume and length :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_20160206_114145.jpg

A full sized item that retails for $24.00 in the Birchbox store and the other item is approximately half of the full sized so is worth retail $18.00. Wow, I think I just fainted.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I gasped when I opened my recent order. . .I also got the same hand cream and was absolutely delighted.  The second item in the MSP was a Kiehls rich face cream.  YES!  

Also, I am in love with the hand cream and will be ordering another when this runs out.  It absorbs almost immediately and has the loveliest orange flower scent.  

I ordered the Why Not Stay In box and got a deluxe sample of the Stila "Huge" mascara and a full size Eyeko curling mascara.  This makes a 2nd great MSP from my past two orders. . . I think Birchbox was listening to people who felt they weren't getting the $10 promised value.   I'm really happy with my MSP and as long as they keep offering points, GWPs, and the nice MSP I'll give my $$ to Birchbox over Sephora.  

Latest posts

Back