Birchbox Points Changes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed an order and my points counted $1 per point. I had 228 points (less than two hundred before I placed the order so the extra points were counted based on the order. I ended up getting $22.8 off the total by using the points. I think this system is way better than before when I had to wait for 100 points to get $10 off. Looks like the points were being counted similar to Sephora where it adds the current purchase amount to the points you already have and you can use them right away. Am I the only one who didn't know that the points are like this now? I've been majorly confused with this point change lol I knew the points were changing but couldn't keep track of what the new system was going to be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed an order and my points counted $1 per point. I had 228 points (less than two hundred before I placed the order so the extra points were counted based on the order. I ended up getting $22.8 off the total by using the points. I think this system is way better than before when I had to wait for 100 points to get $10 off. Looks like the points were being counted similar to Sephora where it adds the current purchase amount to the points you already have and you can use them right away. Am I the only one who didn't know that the points are like this now? I've been majorly confused with this point change lol I knew the points were changing but couldn't keep track of what the new system was going to be like.
Maybe you just got really lucky lol Because my order didn't work that way. I made an order today and I started with 237 points and had $30 worth of stuff in my cart and it will only apply 237 points to my order. I wish it was applying like how you said though

It must have been a glitch then if it doesn't work for everyone that way. I wish it did work that way for everyone! 

So I'm confused...I just reviewed my husband's August Birchbox Man box, and received 10 points for each review (50 points total).

I thought reviews weren't supposed to count for points after July - wasn't that the change they announced? 

I'll gladly take the points!  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the discrepancy.

If you were able to review your July box before the July 11 cut off you can still review up to 5 samples this month.

Back