Birchbox Points Changes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to cash in my points on a new fragrance, I'm really interested in Tocca. Does anyone have a favorite Tocca scent they recommend?
I liked the Florence that came in my Play box last month, but a lot of people hated it.  They said it was like old lady perfume.  Bianca is green tea and Giuletta is green apple.  Those seem to have a more universal appeal.  On a slightly related note I bought and returned the Lolia Sweethearts set.  They smelled wonderful but had zero staying power. 

I liked the Florence that came in my Play box last month, but a lot of people hated it. They said it was like old lady perfume. Bianca is green tea and Giuletta is green apple. Those seem to have a more universal appeal. On a slightly related note I bought and returned the Lolia Sweethearts set. They smelled wonderful but had zero staying power.
I did get a chance to smell Florence, I completely forgot about that! I loved it! I didn't get to really use it before my kids threw it in the trash on accident. I just want to find something that I love that isn't worn by every single person at the mall (*cough* Bright Crystal). I loved TokyoMilk Dark Everything and Nothing.

I got a Gorjana necklace to use 410 points.... ACE Free shipping is gone, cost me $5, and I could swear that the standard shipping cost changed mid transaction.
That's so weird - I cashed out on one of my accounts tonight, and the ACE free shipping was applied. It's also still listed as a benefit under the ACE program terms of service. These inconsistencies are just going to alienate whats left of their customer base.

After days of heavy debating I gave in and finally ordered the summer le box, because fomo. I had only 127 points so after 15% off and -$10 points I paid $43 oop. The only percent off codes that work at this point are (15%):

FIRST15OFF

COMEBACK15OFF

I cashed out on my 422 points (well, I still have more, because my purchase was less than 42.00!

I purchased

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - Nude

Kikkerland Copper Hand & Foot Nail Clipper Set (so cute)

plus I added the mystery pack and used COMEBACK15OFF

I paid zero for this and still have 6 points - lol

Well I cashed in my points. I Decided I would just keep an eye out on Ebay and Poshmark for any Tocca sets. I decided to get some things to add to my front room, so I went with the Umbra Prisma tray and 5x7 brass picture frame. I love Umbra! I also added on the Number 4 detangling brush because my little monsters just broke my favorite brush (using it on our German shepherd), and I added the MSP because why not? I was able to use the COMEBACK15OFF code which saved me $6.45 so I only paid $3.05 for my entire order with my points. I'm really irritated with my non-ace account because every time I try to purchase something that says "ships free", I end up finding a shipping charge in my basket. I may just wait to cash out on that one.

Well I cashed in my points. I Decided I would just keep an eye out on Ebay and Poshmark for any Tocca sets. I decided to get some things to add to my front room, so I went with the Umbra Prisma tray and 5x7 brass picture frame. I love Umbra! I also added on the Number 4 detangling brush because my little monsters just broke my favorite brush (using it on our German shepherd), and I added the MSP because why not? I was able to use the COMEBACK15OFF code which saved me $6.45 so I only paid $3.05 for my entire order with my points. I'm really irritated with my non-ace account because every time I try to purchase something that says "ships free", I end up finding a shipping charge in my basket. I may just wait to cash out on that one.
You should be able to contact customer service and they can add your points from your non-ace account to your ace account.  I've done that in the past. 

I was able to use COMEBACK15OFF too! I haven't been able to use a code in like a year! I bought my favorite Atelier perfume and some powder, saved $22, and had $31 in points, but still paid $42. 

The death knell continues.....

Is this the end of Birchbox?

http://www.racked.com/2016/7/13/12122758/birchbox-subscription-box-decline

I cancelled my yearly subscription yesterday and had used my points up right after they announced the point changes. I've got 4 months left, will be interesting to see if there is a decline in box quality.  My July box was pretty good, no complaints to speak of.

Last edited by a moderator:
The death knell continues.....

Is this the end of Birchbox?

http://www.racked.com/2016/7/13/12122758/birchbox-subscription-box-decline

I cancelled my yearly subscription yesterday and had used my points up right after they announced the point changes. I've got 4 months left, will be interesting to see if there is a decline in box quality. My July box was pretty good, no complaints to speak of.
Tracy did a great job with the article, and well, I was quoted so that's cool'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, but looks like we'll get 2 PYS in August - two hair products of choice. Also... 54 boxes, wow I didn't realize I've been with Birchbox that long! 

bbaug.jpg

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, but looks like we'll get 2 PYS in August - two hair products of choice. Also... 54 boxes, wow I didn't realize I've been with Birchbox that long!

bbaug.jpg
I saw that, but had a different understanding of what it meant. It states that 2 hair products are guaranteed to be present in every box - but not that we get to actually choose both of them. I read "personalized" in that statement as Birchbox-speak, meaning they would use our profiles to "personalize" our boxes - and we all know how successful that has been.

I like your interpretation better!

I saw that, but had a different understanding of what it meant. It states that 2 hair products are guaranteed to be present in every box - but not that we get to actually choose both of them. I read "personalized" in that statement as Birchbox-speak, meaning they would use our profiles to "personalize" our boxes - and we all know how successful that has been.

I like your interpretation better!
Good point! I didn't even consider the fact that "personalized" might mean "tailored to your beauty profile". Unfortunately, I haven't really used anything from the past 4 or 5 boxes so I think I'm finally done with Birchbox for good. Redeemed my remaining points for Groomed for Greatness value set, hubs was very excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am done w/ Birchbox! I cancelled my subscription and just used up all my points.

I picked up my favorite Tocca fragrance (Florence) and w/ points and the COMEBACK15OFF code (thank you for that) I paid about 25 dollars total.

Besides being sampled out, the end of the points program was the end for me.

Back