Birchbox Points Changes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After getting my points combined via FB message, I picked up a few things from my wish list, like the Shea Terra Black African Soap and the Tocca Laundry soap (love that stuff on scarves and might even shell out the $15 from time to time, at least until my aces free shipping ends.) as well as some of that Lemon rinse, the grapefruit detox shampoo from that line and the MSP. Just a heads up my coupons at checkout found the code FISRT15OFF, which is single use, so if you haven't used it yet, there's that.

Just read on Allure website....Looks like its 5 reviews per year and not lifetime. Still isn't convincing for anyone who loves those points.

That IS such a bummer.
That's really too bad. How scary to work for a company in so much turmoil and getting nothing but negative press. The Wall Street Journal just posted an article about this, though it doesn't really have different information.

That's really too bad. How scary to work for a company in so much turmoil and getting nothing but negative press. The Wall Street Journal just posted an article about this, though it doesn't really have different information.
If the glassdoor reviews are to be believed, Hayley was forced to step down (which happened, last summer? I think) I know we speculated about the future changes at Birchbox when that happened.  Hayley is thought of as the "brains" of Birchbox and the more "human" of the co founders. 

People on glassdoor say Katia just wants to be reality tv show famous but turn Birchbox into Sephora. I'm not sure how that's going to happen.

It's just a bummer reading all of this. I'm not hopeful or optimistic about Birchbox's future. 

The whole thing is a mess. I'm just waiting to get an email saying that BB will longer be offering a monthly sub box. I am really disappointed about the new points system. I guess I'm going to go ahead and cash some points in.

I just chatted with a birchbox CS rep as I have heard so many different stories as to whether we are only getting 5 reviews per year or 5 reviews period. I spoke with Catia and she said that it is for sure only 5 reviews period after July 11th (she made it clear that it would not be 5 reviews per year). She explained to me that they are trying to focus more on the reviews in order to help us get boxes that would appeal more to us. She said they want to use our reviews to help decide what products to put in our boxes basically. She also said after the 5 reviews are used up we will only be able to gain points by referrals and buying things in the shop. 

I personally don't understand only giving us 5 more reviews period. Why even bother with that? It just seems silly to me. Also, the points system is the main reason why I have stayed subbed to BB for so long. If the boxes don't improve in the next couple of months I am canceling. 

that is strange.   If they want to focus more on the reviews to help them customize the box, then having an incentive to write a review would be helpful. 

I find it hard to believe with all of the reviews I have written that they still cannot figure out how to tailor my box for my skin and hair type.  When I give them feedback on getting a heavy hair cream made for coarse & dry hair, I get a response "oh but it works for all hair types and you will love it", as if I am stupid and cannot read what   brand's description.

I don't know what focusing on our reviews more and having the system give us 5 points per review have to do with one another and why one cancels out the other.

that is strange. If they want to focus more on the reviews to help them customize the box, then having an incentive to write a review would be helpful....

....I don't know what focusing on our reviews more and having the system give us 5 points per review have to do with one another and why one cancels out the other.
Exactly. It's probably just empty talk the CS reps have on a script. If they plan on using reviews to customize the box, then it sounds like they are expecting subscribers to still provide quality reviews, even without the points incentive - which I don't think is likely to happen. I know I probably won't review anything I won't receive points for (unless maybe I really love or really hate something).

Maybe better people than myself will still leave reviews, but this explanation makes no damn sense.

I don't think it makes any sense either. I know I am not going to fill out reviews when there is no incentive to do so. Nothing about this makes sense or seems right to me. I'm wondering what next months box will be like, but then again I don't feel like anything will change. I don't see how they can tailor it to our interests without reviews unless they start using the profile quiz.

LOL the excuse of using the reviews to customize our boxes better is a joke. I've used their beta version of the profile for a long time now and the extra questions and limits really hones in better on what you would like or not like in your boxes but  my boxes STILL sucked and were worse than ever. I got better boxes without the beta, which makes no sense.

So I don't believe them at all- I think they are saying that to try to get people to continue leaving reviews even though there is no longer points for doing so. They KNOW that people will forgo the reviews without an incentive so acting like there is one (better boxes) is how they are going to try to get people to continue to do so. Lies. Just like the beta version was promised to give me better boxes with more makeup when, in fact, the opposite happened -several boxes straight with not a single makeup item!

I was having a lot of trouble getting an order to go through yesterday "due to technical issues connecting to the payment system," according to Birchbox.  So, I emailed customer service about the trouble I was having.  I finally got the order to go through this morning on a different browse (IE) and using a different credit card.  Then later this morning, someone in CS responded to my email and confirmed my order did go through.  I also received an email with a UPS tracking no.  Well now, I just received another (generic) email saying my order didn't go through due to technical issues and when I log into my account it states the order was canceled.  I just tried to put the order through again and I'm getting the same error message.  It all seems very fishy to me.  Has anyone else had trouble putting orders through in the last day or so?

I was having a lot of trouble getting an order to go through yesterday "due to technical issues connecting to the payment system," according to Birchbox.  So, I emailed customer service about the trouble I was having.  I finally got the order to go through this morning on a different browse (IE) and using a different credit card.  Then later this morning, someone in CS responded to my email and confirmed my order did go through.  I also received an email with a UPS tracking no.  Well now, I just received another (generic) email saying my order didn't go through due to technical issues and when I log into my account it states the order was canceled.  I just tried to put the order through again and I'm getting the same error message.  It all seems very fishy to me.  Has anyone else had trouble putting orders through in the last day or so?

I placed an order a couple days ago and didn't have any problems with it going through.  However, when I received it, my S'well bottle (yes, I caved due to peer pressure) jingles when tipped and CS told me they won't replace it, but don't bother sending it back and we'll just refund your money... Um, ok...  How does that help them be more profitable?

I placed an order too a couple of days ago and had no problems. How weird and what a bummer that happened to you @Leafy.

I have been waiting to make a final purchase until I get my last 50 points, and now it looks like they have discontinued all discount codes. So instead of spending $35 (after points and discount), I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend 0. So irritated right now...

I got a Gorjana necklace to use 410 points.... ACE Free shipping is gone, cost me $5, and I could swear that the standard shipping cost changed mid transaction.

Back