Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know about you ladies, but I much rather would have gotten this Color Club in Editorial instead of the colors they sent out this month.  I've never had a duo-chrome and it looks pretty neat!

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/new/color-club-fall-collection
Those colors are so much more "fall-like"! I kinda wish they would've sent those!

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The iPad version of Lucky magazine has a discount click-through for that color, so it's not a Birchbox exclusive and you can get it elsewhere if you like.
It's also a dupe of Chanel Peridot, and there are a whole bunch of other dupes of that one out there (i have China Glaze Rare and Radiant from their New Bohemian collection), so there are a lot of alternatives if you look around.  I wish Port-Folio was available from Birchbox.  That's a duochrome I don't already have in my collection!

(As a side note, I tried to use my points last night, and I couldn't find anything I wanted enough to use them!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I guess I'll be saving them for another month and hoping there's something I MUST HAVE in October.  I want new toys!)

Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just spent my points on a Deborah Lippmann Base & Top Coat with free shipping coupon for a grand total of $0.00!

My Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Strengthening top coat sucks, don't get it!
agreed. that SH sucks it hard! That was the first top coat I used and my nails peeled like crazy! Way to go on the zero total! let us know how the DL works out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got around to trying the Wei cc cream. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I love it! Havent tried the cleanser yet, will post about it when I do.

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The samples in my latest Sephora order:

Not bad for a $25 purchase! Why can't Birchbox offer such nice sizes? After all, we are paying for the samples themselves, they aren't free with a purchase. 
I get my Sephora order in today and I'm expecting the same samples since I was able to get the skincare sample bag. So excited now after seeing the sizes!

is anyone looking for the nail polish in status update? i have two (one from the sample stop) so i'd love to trade the other away.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get my Sephora order in today and I'm expecting the same samples since I was able to get the skincare sample bag. So excited now after seeing the sizes!
Was there a code for these awesome samples?

I am placing an order today at Sephora

Does anyone know a discount code for an order placed on Birchbox? I dont meant the anniversary ones, I got one this month for my 9th month anniversary but that has already expired. I want to order the WEI cc cream but I would like to use a code if I can
wink.gif

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was there a code for these awesome samples?

I am placing an order today at Sephora

yes, it was bestskin but I think they are all out of these skin care bags, but try it, you never know!

My BB came today. OMG, the twistband. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
 The ends are frayed. How much of a business grant did the "inventor" need to get this gem off the ground? 

There is nothing in the box I would buy again. I love Benefit, but how can you try a product once and know if it is worth buying the full size? 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes, it was bestskin but I think they are all out of these skin care bags, but try it, you never know!
They were out in a couple hours! I placed my order & looked at my account a few minutes later and it said "out of stock" and I was afraid I wasn't getting mine. I'm glad I didn't hesitate. I ordered a tub of those First Aid Beauty face wipes because I love the Dr Gross wipes, but they get expensive. The ones from First Aid get crazy good reviews, and they are about $28 for 60. 

Got this e-mail from BirchBox:

"Thank you so much for being in touch and I'm so sorry about your missing Birchbox. You will not be charged for next month's Birchbox. It is our policy for us to reship your Birchbox if it does not arrive to you, but unfortunately we are out of inventory at this time."

Yeah, I'm so ending my subscription right this second.

Originally Posted by inky1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Thank you so much for being in touch and I'm so sorry about your missing Birchbox. You will not be charged for next month's Birchbox. It is our policy for us to reship your Birchbox if it does not arrive to you, but unfortunately we are out of inventory at this time."

Wow! I find it real hard to believe they don't have some samples laying around they can make a decent box out of. I'm sure whatever was in your box will be in the next 25 birchboxes. They always repeat.

I got the same response.  My box arrived damaged, with Vasanti brightening cleanser all over everything.  I REALLY wanted to try the Vasanti but they told me they would give my next months box free of charge instead because they are out of samples.  Not how I had hoped they'd rectify the situation.  BOO!

VERY odd that they're just doing "next month free", which hasn't been their usual MO. Usually they just throw points at people...

It IS possible that they are out of stock on specific items and have had too many complaints about "leftover" boxes, so don't wish to put together "grab bag" style boxes. 

The way they're handling things right now, I have a feeling there is about to be (or is already happening) a shift in their business model.

Does anyone remember where exactly BB had said "no foil sachets"?  I've been looking over the box info & FAQ and all I could find was something that said something like "each month you will receive a curated box of luxe samples of skincare, makeup, lifestyle .." & "Samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they're right for you" They've removed referring to them as deluxe samples & removed the "no foil sachets" promise (if that was explicitly stated).  I wonder when they changed/phased them out. Did anybody else notice something like this? 

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone remember where exactly BB had said "no foil sachets"?  I've been looking over the box info & FAQ and all I could find was something that said something like "each month you will receive a curated box of luxe samples of skincare, makeup, lifestyle .." & "Samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they're right for you" They've removed referring to them as deluxe samples & removed the "no foil sachets" promise (if that was explicitly stated).  I wonder when they changed/phased them out. Did anybody else notice something like this? 
The Sam Edelman blog referenced that policy in 2010: http://www.samedelman.com/tag/birchbox/

I thought it was in the BB FAQ, but it currently just says "generously sized"

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

VERY odd that they're just doing "next month free", which hasn't been their usual MO. Usually they just throw points at people...

It IS possible that they are out of stock on specific items and have had too many complaints about "leftover" boxes, so don't wish to put together "grab bag" style boxes. 

The way they're handling things right now, I have a feeling there is about to be (or is already happening) a shift in their business model.
I agree with this.  Also, the boxes are put together at a fullfillment center, they have the 28 or so variations, if they're out of a few things and can't make up one of the variations I can see why they would offer a free box instead.  I doubt they have people at the fullfillment center picking and choosing what makes up a box. 

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, and I looked for it not long ago too.  It doesn't really bother me because if a company is offering foil samples to BB, I'd rather take the foil rather than them passing on some good companies.  I look at the WEI to go as a foil sample, and I really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by inky1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is so weird because I called earlier today asking if they were going to do a 2 for 10.00 offer again this month and the CS rep told me yes, and it will become available anytime between now and the 10th of October... so it would be interesting to see if any of the samples you were suppose to get will be offered as a '2 for' deal.

Latest posts

Back