Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, thank you for scrutinizing for me. I am done pouting about it, because I have gotten a lot of wonderful samples from them in the past year or so. I need to make sure I stay on the VIB list somewhere. I wish they made it easier to tell how much I spent in the past calendar year.
You know, they had that VIB clutch deal recently, with 8 awesome samples, but it was only good for three days apparently. I tried the code out a week after the date and it was accepted. And sure enough, when I got my order, there is was! So... you never know, you might try it in case they have gotten more in stock, or you might phone a Sephora if you have one near you to see if they have them in the store (not sure if it was an online-only offer).

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, they had that VIB clutch deal recently, with 8 awesome samples, but it was only good for three days apparently. I tried the code out a week after the date and it was accepted. And sure enough, when I got my order, there is was! So... you never know, you might try it in case they have gotten more in stock, or you might phone a Sephora if you have one near you to see if they have them in the store (not sure if it was an online-only offer).
Oh, I tried it. But thanks. They are not doing it anymore. It's for the best. I'm going to the store in person on Thursday and I can try some things in person.

My first Birchbox is supposed to come that day too. Even though it says my local PO has it now.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I tried it. But thanks. They are not doing it anymore. It's for the best. I'm going to the store in person on Thursday and I can try some things in person.

My first Birchbox is supposed to come that day too. Even though it says my local PO has it now.
If you go in on Friday some Sephora stores are doing a Skincare IQ event and they're giving away a great bag of goodies - no purchase needed either!

http://www.sephora.com/skincareiqevents?om_mmc=oth-fb-20120925-skincareiqevents-su

I'm thinking of making the one hour drive to the closest one to me ...love me some free samples
inlove3.gif

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Sam Edelman blog referenced that policy in 2010: http://www.samedelman.com/tag/birchbox/

I thought it was in the BB FAQ, but it currently just says "generously sized"
Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The box example he has shown would be my dream box.
I really think it used to say no foil packets.  Failing to confirm this on the archives, but whatever.  

Having subscribed for a long-ass time (the technical term) I look back on my old boxes like, wow.  They were really good boxes.  Everything was deluxe or full sized, and nice.  Like, these are my first two boxes (Feb/Mar 2011):

Feb20013-thumb.jpg

My first box.  The Nars was deluxe-deluxe size (3 inches long or so), and the Befine was also like 3 inches high (and full).  The mascara was also real deluxe.  Even the hair serum was a mini bottle and not a vial.  

thumb-Box7.jpg

Second box.  Travel size marvis, generous if not full sized little compact for the Jouer (I still use this - has the mirror and two shades in the compact that can click onto the other Jouer pieces) and the Befine, again was like 3 inches tall.  

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really think it used to say no foil packets.  Failing to confirm this on the archives, but whatever.  

Having subscribed for a long-ass time (the technical term) I look back on my old boxes like, wow.  They were really good boxes.  Everything was deluxe or full sized, and nice.  Like, these are my first two boxes (Feb/Mar 2011):

Feb20013-thumb.jpg

My first box.  The Nars was deluxe-deluxe size (3 inches long or so), and the Befine was also like 3 inches high (and full).  The mascara was also real deluxe.  Even the hair serum was a mini bottle and not a vial.  

thumb-Box7.jpg

Second box.  Travel size marvis, generous if not full sized little compact for the Jouer (I still use this - has the mirror and two shades in the compact that can click onto the other Jouer pieces) and the Befine, again was like 3 inches tall.  
You could try using the waybackmachine.org. Can look up old cached versions of the site. 

In regards to samples, yea theyve taken a turn for the worse in terms of sending out smaller samples and LOTS of repeats. I'm waiting to hit an even number on my points and then I will be cancelling. Glossybox and Sample Society have been killing it lately and I've been looking forward to those much more than BB at this point. :/

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you go in on Friday some Sephora stores are doing a Skincare IQ event and they're giving away a great bag of goodies - no purchase needed either!

http://www.sephora.com/skincareiqevents?om_mmc=oth-fb-20120925-skincareiqevents-su

I'm thinking of making the one hour drive to the closest one to me ...love me some free samples
inlove3.gif
yes, thank you!  i love this forum :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if it weren't for this i wouldn't know about this or the sample stop!

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could try using the waybackmachine.org. Can look up old cached versions of the site.
I was just about to say this. I actually looked at WBM and they do have cached versions of BB so maybe you'll have some luck.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to trying the Wei cc cream. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I love it! Havent tried the cleanser yet, will post about it when I do.
I LOVED the CC cream, but I didn't really dig the cleanser. It was weird, I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed (I do my morning facial cleansing in the shower), and it still felt like it had left more on my skin than it did remove anything. The Vasanti, however, is frickin' awesome!! Makes my skin feel sooooo crazy smooth.

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

inlove3.gif
JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW!!!!

This is only at specific locations. I looked it up when it popped up on twitter, but there was no place near me.

Here's the link of locations:

http://www.sephora.com/skincareiqevents?om_mmc=oth-fb-20120925-skincareiqevents-su&MobileOptOut=1

You can call in a reserve a spot or walk in. They probably won't send out a ton of bags (I remember Earth Day they gave out free full size Origin's Moisturizers if you brought in an empty container to recycle and they only sent out like one box but I got one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

So it's not every location! I don't want you to drive one hour to find out lol

I think sometimes foil packets are okay. Like Miss Jessie's last month. Just one foil packet was generously sized, and there were two in my box.

On an unrelated (but BB) note, did anyone ever get a sample of the Jouer LMT in the past? Was the sample size comparable to this month's MMT? I'm curious. This month was my 3rd BB so I'm curious about the way things used to be.

I got my box really quickly this month.. but I wasn't exactly thrilled with it. I got the yellow/green nail polish which.. i will use because I like getting new colors. The BB cream in Linen which is too light for me.. Vasanti Brighten Up which i havent really tried yet, twirl perfume ( kind of getting tired of the perfume samples... perfumes are really personal and its kind of hard to send the same one to all people)

Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box really quickly this month.. but I wasn't exactly thrilled with it. I got the yellow/green nail polish which.. i will use because I like getting new colors. The BB cream in Linen which is too light for me.. Vasanti Brighten Up which i havent really tried yet, twirl perfume ( kind of getting tired of the perfume samples... perfumes are really personal and its kind of hard to send the same one to all people)
try the Vasanti! i loved it! a little goes a long way, so dont put too much or it may be too harsh for your face.. I did that, and my skin was a little red/sore afterwards

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back to BB related info. 

I just tried placing an order for 2 wei to go kits and beauty fixation makeup removers and I kept getting an error message so i tried placing the order like4 times.. well I never did get an order # so I think there is something going on with their website. I called and left a message, hopefully someone will call me back tomorrow. They have the plus 2 packs available, but my order wont freaking go through. I should also mention my bank account is now showing 4 pending charges for the order total... 
eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
I was able to call and place my order over the phone, apparently they were having issues with the website last night. The CS rep said the multiple charges will drop off my account in a few days and only one charge will go through. 

has anyone tried the vasanti brightenup and the miracle skin transformer hydroaction microderm? i just tried the miracle skin yesterday and thought it was great, i'm wondering how they compare.

Latest posts

Back