Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved the Ojon we received! That made my hair silky and nice after use!
I agree. I just have too much shampoo and conditioner right now I'm trying to wait to buy any until I run out. I'm such a hoarder when it comes to hair products because I'm still looking for my HG frizz control.

I finally got my September box today. I got box 7 with a red lace twist band. It is best saved for Christmas/Valentine's Day. The rose gold polish is beautiful and not at all streaky. It was worth the wait and better than my original box 23. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you guys think it's worth complaining to Birchbox if they sent out a Jouer matte moisture tint in a shade that's two shades too dark for me? They did this last time with the luminizing moisture tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not to rub it in , but I got that email and I'm not a big Sophorachick. Signed up for whatever level of insider you start at and haven't really bought anything since then.  You should email them and tell them you would have ordered - as you often do - but they didn't do you the courtesy of telling you.  (And if you can do that thing where you move your head back-and-forth in that "ohNoYouDi'nt!" way in text, that'd be a plus!  An' I'll pay you a nickle to teach me.)

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That might be a good idea. I definitely was thinking about ordering soon -- am planning to in October still and already have a few things in my cart, so that deal would've pushed it over for me to place an order earlier. It's really funny because the day after that email, I got one of those prodding ones reminding me I had things in my cart and I should buy them. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm bummed because Sephora usually is really good about customer relations, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess it was targeted and send them an email anyway.

Thanks for listening to my ranting everyone.
Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i looked through all my sephora emails too and didn't get this one, although i've been spending plenty in the past few months (just hit VIB... i need to stop 
icon_rolleyes.gif
). so if there's a preference i don't think it's people who haven't shopped there in a while.
For those of you who care about the Sephora debacle ^^^, I did end up sending them an email and I got this response today:

Quote: Thank you for contacting Sephora.com regarding our emails.   We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us with your comment. As we strive to offer our clients the best service, feedback is important to us and always welcome!   We apologize that you are not receiving our promotional email. We have noticed that you have selected to unsubscribe from our email promotions. We have refreshed your subscription. Please add us to your address book or safe senders list so you don't miss an email: [email protected]. You should start to receive email from us within 10 business days. If you do not start to receive email from us after 10 business days, please let us know and we will research it further for you.   Thanks for your patience. We appreciate it!   If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672).   Sincerely,   Ron 

That's absolute bullshit because I get emails from them at least every single week and have been for the past year and a half. I'd even told them: "After thoroughly going through my email inbox, I noticed I had not received this email. I was wondering if there was a reason I didn't? I know it didn’t end up in my spam because I received the bareMinerals and Guerlain offer before and after that day."   It was probably a targeted email, which I can understand and they might not have wanted to tell me that but I really wish they didn't blatantly lie to my face. I wasn't even nearly as upset about not getting the email (anymore) as the fact they're apparently now lying to me. I'm still going to shop at Sephora because I know they're usually better than this, but I'm very disappointed and that's definitely strike one.

For those of you who care about the Sephora debacle ^^^, I did end up sending them an email and I got this response today:

That's absolute bullshit because I get emails from them at least every single week and have been for the past year and a half. I'd even told them: "After thoroughly going through my email inbox, I noticed I had not received this email. I was wondering if there was a reason I didn't? I know it didn’t end up in my spam because I received the bareMinerals and Guerlain offer before and after that day."   It was probably a targeted email, which I can understand and they might not have wanted to tell me that but I really wish they didn't blatantly lie to my face. I wasn't even nearly as upset about not getting the email (anymore) as the fact they're apparently now lying to me. I'm still going to shop at Sephora because I know they're usually better than this, but I'm very disappointed and that's definitely strike one.
Just wondering - are you a fan of theirs on facebook?

It is likely that you are only subscribed for some of their emails, as I get emailed by them almost every day/every other day and had four emails between the bareminerals and guerlain emails.

I only get like half my Sephora emails.  I had to add them to my contacts list, random ones would get sent to spam--including my birthday reminder, and I did forget to go get my free Sugar Rose balm :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Bad birthday, trying to save my dying kitty, and also no free lip gloss)

After reading the posts on here today, I finally tried the nexxus samples - used all 3, shampoo/conditioner/leave-in - and LOVED THEM!

I didn't get any in my eyes, so not sure if it would've stung or not, but I love the smell, and the way my hair felt when I was finished drying it.

Two thumbs up.  Happy that I got it in both boxes, now, lol.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only get like half my Sephora emails.  I had to add them to my contacts list, random ones would get sent to spam--including my birthday reminder, and I did forget to go get my free Sugar Rose balm :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Bad birthday, trying to save my dying kitty, and also no free lip gloss)
I'm sorry about your kitty. =(

If your birthday is in September, you can still go grab the free Sugar Rose Lip Treatments! You just go in at any day of your birthday month, show them your ID, and they'll give you the birthday gift!

So I've tried both the WEI CC cream, and Jouer MMT.  I think that the WEI has the edge, I just wish there was enough to try it one more time so I can be sure about which one I want to buy.  I guess I can always buy both and return one.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys think it's worth complaining to Birchbox if they sent out a Jouer matte moisture tint in a shade that's two shades too dark for me? They did this last time with the luminizing moisture tint.
I definitely would say something to them, but if they don't give you the response you want, contact Jouer directly. They will send samples for free of the colors that you want. They are very cool about sending out samples! I got 2 of the sample size lip glosses because I wanted to try them and never got one from BB. I love them! Wind is so pretty. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meetcutecrystal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got my September box today. I got box 7 with a red lace twist band. It is best saved for Christmas/Valentine's Day. The rose gold polish is beautiful and not at all streaky. It was worth the wait and better than my original box 23.
smile.gif
I loved Box 7! The only thing I would've wanted to try that I didn't get in that box was the 21 Drops, which I just got 2 samples of in the BeautySage sample boxes, so I'm pretty happy. The Wei CC cream blows my mind it's so amazing, and the Vasanti is awesome! 

Just got an opt in for a GOOP Birchbox. Anyone else get one? As much as I hate Gweneth Paltrow and her awful, pretentious site...I'm still gonna do it :-/

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got an opt in for a GOOP Birchbox. Anyone else get one? As much as I hate Gweneth Paltrow and her awful, pretentious site...I'm still gonna do it :-/
See the Oct thread, lots of discussion about it there.

I know this is kind of off BB topic.. but i found a new app for facebook where you can send egift cards some for free.. Sephora did a fan friday deal yesterday for a free $10 GC from this new app/website called   wrapp.com   .. On the site once you login with facebook you can send a free $5.00 Gift card to any of your FB friends. I had my boyfriend sign up and send me one. I just made an order on Sephora and the code i got on the wrapp website worked!! Awesome free 5.00 gift card from sephora! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meetcutecrystal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got my September box today. I got box 7 with a red lace twist band. It is best saved for Christmas/Valentine's Day. The rose gold polish is beautiful and not at all streaky. It was worth the wait and better than my original box 23.
smile.gif
I got the Rose Gold Color Club polish too!  I cant believe how durable it is. I used 2 coats and didnt apply a base coat or a top coat.  I've had it on 5 days and its showing no signs of wear - no chips, no dulling, no scratches, nothing!  And like you said, it's not streaky at all.  

Originally Posted by Botticelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_frown.gif
 I got the nastiest black-grey color Boo! So far I am very dis-satisfied with my boxes!
I saw it in the box and agree it was horrible.  Saw it on my daughter s fingers though, and it actually looked okay.  I painted my toes with it and my husband actually noticed and said he liked it.  Go figure.  I am a pink/purple girl, so still not a fan of it.  The rest of the box was pretty disappointing also.

Back