Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My band was so stretched out after the first time I wore it that I had to give it a third turn the second time I wore it. I wouldn't recommend those hair ties to anyone.

Originally Posted by stellar136 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this is kind of off BB topic.. but i found a new app for facebook where you can send egift cards some for free.. Sephora did a fan friday deal yesterday for a free $10 GC from this new app/website called   wrapp.com   .. On the site once you login with facebook you can send a free $5.00 Gift card to any of your FB friends. I had my boyfriend sign up and send me one. I just made an order on Sephora and the code i got on the wrapp website worked!! Awesome free 5.00 gift card from sephora! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just did this too! Thanks!!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just made a cup of tea with one of the tea bags in my box and it is delicious! One of the smoothest and best Green Teas I have tasted. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone remember where exactly BB had said "no foil sachets"?  I've been looking over the box info & FAQ and all I could find was something that said something like "each month you will receive a curated box of luxe samples of skincare, makeup, lifestyle .." & "Samples are generously sized, with enough product to allow you to figure out if they're right for you" They've removed referring to them as deluxe samples & removed the "no foil sachets" promise (if that was explicitly stated).  I wonder when they changed/phased them out. Did anybody else notice something like this? 
I just looked at the site in the wayback machine and didn't find that.  Maybe it was in a press release or their blog or somewhere?  I couldn't find it on the site...doesn't mean it wasn't there...just that I didn't find it.  Here's the link:  http://wayback.archive.org/web/20110415000000*/http://birchbox.com

Edit:  Found two more websites that reference no foil packets.  http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Birchbox-Sample-Worth-It/65307.html

http://news.instyle.com/2010/08/23/new-genius-beauty-site-birchbox-com/

ALSO...a google search of some language I found on a blog that appeared to be copy/pasted from the website references it.  Apparently it was there because there are other websites that reference the same language/copy...with the typo...which means to me that it has to have been copy/pasted.  Here is the google search with exact terms including the typo.  Link, click here. 

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the wrapp GC but I dont know how to use it
I downloaded the app on my android and i can find all my giftcards in my "wallet" there.. Whenever you want to use it (when you go to sephora) you hit the button "use in store"! I'm not sure if you can use them online though...
unsure.gif

I just started to use my sample of Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum. There was hardly anything in it! That tube is huge and looks like a deluxe sample. WTH? Should I complain? Do you think they did that on purpose? I mean, that is a total bait and switch to show us that big tube and then only put one use into it.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just started to use my sample of Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum. There was hardly anything in it! That tube is huge and looks like a deluxe sample. WTH? Should I complain? Do you think they did that on purpose? I mean, that is a total bait and switch to show us that big tube and then only put one use into it.
Not unlike the Dr Jart issue a few months back, although BB's response then was "Well, that's what they sent us". They did, however, re-send and/or compensate with points, IIRC.

I received some samples directly from Caudalie last month, including the Firming Serum. The sample they provided me is exactly how you describe it - looks like a deluxe but has a small amount in the tube. So, this is the amount that Caudalie intends to provide. The sample size isn't at the fault of Birchbox, but you can still send an email! Even if they don't send you another sample or provide you with points, it'll give them a heads up that their customers would like larger sample sizes.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is likely that you are only subscribed for some of their emails, as I get emailed by them almost every day/every other day and had four emails between the bareminerals and guerlain emails.
Welp, I still haven't gotten MORE emails from Sephora as a result... I've actually not received any since I got their response. :|

Welp, I still haven't gotten MORE emails from Sephora as a result... I've actually not received any since I got their response. :|
You know, it's really interesting that you mention this because I updated my e-mail addy with them like two weeks ago and have not received anything since and I mean nothing except the change of addy e-mail. I used to get communication from them constantly and now, nothing. I finally gave in and called them this weekend and got no real answer or resolution. I suppose it can take a few weeks to update but they weren't sure. I mean, seriously. I mentioned that with the holiday season almost upon us, I don't want to miss any promos. I haven't even received any of the 500 point perk e-mails recently. I just want my e-mails... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Btw, I couldn't find the original post on this but did a similar thing cause your e-mails to stop, too?)

quickest way to get more emails from sephora is to make an order online or use your BI card at a B&M sephora store. same with ulta. 

every single time I do this, the number of emails I get from them explodes.

not saying you should do this just to get the emails. lol

just that when you do make an order or purchase, it should pick up more.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, it's really interesting that you mention this because I updated my e-mail addy with them like two weeks ago and have not received anything since and I mean nothing except the change of addy e-mail. I used to get communication from them constantly and now, nothing. I finally gave in and called them this weekend and got no real answer or resolution. I suppose it can take a few weeks to update but they weren't sure. I mean, seriously. I mentioned that with the holiday season almost upon us, I don't want to miss any promos. I haven't even received any of the 500 point perk e-mails recently. I just want my e-mails...
frown.gif
(Btw, I couldn't find the original post on this but did a similar thing cause your e-mails to stop, too?)
LOL, to summarise the whole mess, there was an email about a BI deal that was super awesome which I never got, even though I got a bunch of emails from them before and after. I sent them an email asking why I was excluded from the mailing and they gave me the reason that it was because I set my email status on not receiving, which is hilarious and false because I got so many emails from them every week. The person who answered my ticket said that they set my status back on getting everything, but now I've gotten NOTHING for more than a week so... yeah. That made it worse, not better.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received some samples directly from Caudalie last month, including the Firming Serum. The sample they provided me is exactly how you describe it - looks like a deluxe but has a small amount in the tube. So, this is the amount that Caudalie intends to provide. The sample size isn't at the fault of Birchbox, but you can still send an email! Even if they don't send you another sample or provide you with points, it'll give them a heads up that their customers would like larger sample sizes.
Thank you to both of you who replied about this. I checked the tube again and it says .2 oz, whereas what it contained was more like .02 or .01 oz. It's good to know that it isn't BB's fault, but I'm going to complain anyway (nicely) because that is BS for Caudalie to send anybody samples that say .2 and only contain .02oz. For the record, it was very smelly, so much so that it made my eyes water a lot. I would never pay that much money for a serum that can't go anywhere near my eyes.

Weird...I just had to "update" my account info, which hasn't changed. Luckily I noticed the $10 hadn't come out on the first like usual, or I probably would've never received my box! Here's hoping it's not late again this month b/c of this!!!

quickest way to get more emails from sephora is to make an order online or use your BI card at a B&M sephora store. same with ulta.  every single time I do this, the number of emails I get from them explodes. not saying you should do this just to get the emails. lol just that when you do make an order or purchase, it should pick up more.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but was trying so hard to be good until two weeks from now but also don't wanna miss out on anything good. I did sign up for that Fan Friday deal though.

Thank you to both of you who replied about this. I checked the tube again and it says .2 oz, whereas what it contained was more like .02 or .01 oz. It's good to know that it isn't BB's fault, but I'm going to complain anyway (nicely) because that is BS for Caudalie to send anybody samples that say .2 and only contain .02oz. For the record, it was very smelly, so much so that it made my eyes water a lot. I would never pay that much money for a serum that can't go anywhere near my eyes.
Actually while it may be cruddy, the company can package however they choose. The same happened with the Dr. Jart debacle in packaging a small amount in such a large tube. It may cost more to manufacture smaller tubes more appropriate to sample sizing. 

This happened to me, too. I got the MMT in Linen, and I liked it a lot, but I am extremely fair (indicated on my BB profile) and usually anything darker than any company's lightest shade looks orange on me. Good news, though: I read around on some blogs and it turns out that Jouer is really wonderful about sending samples to folks who want to try things before they buy them. I emailed, asking if there was a way to purchase samples of a couple of different shades of MMT and LMT so I could see which color I need, and they offered to send me any samples I wanted for free. I asked for LMT in opal and pearl, and MMT in porcelain. I ended up getting two packets each of all of those, plus a sample size of their lip enhancer. Talk about excellent customer care. Love love love Jouer! 

I did end up buying the full size MMT in porcelain from Birchbox, too, so I don't even feel guilty for getting all those free samples. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back