Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email that is a 20% off a $35 purchase - the code is 20foryou - good on all orders through 9/30. 

My box arrived! The nail polish is the gray color that I don't want, but my best friend may want it. They also gave me an orange hair tie, which is the one color that really clashes worst with my red hair. But it is a pretty color. I may wear it anyway.

The Dr Jart is a full tube, and so is the Caudalie, so this is exciting. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just tried the Dr Jart, and wow. It covered way better than I was expecting! This really weird thing happened while I was putting it on, though. Did this happen to anyone else? While I was putting it on, it got really sparkly for a split second, like it was made of diamonds. I mean it really glittered in my bathroom lighting each time I spread some of it over my face.

Originally Posted by mallomar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think sometimes foil packets are okay. Like Miss Jessie's last month. Just one foil packet was generously sized, and there were two in my box.

On an unrelated (but BB) note, did anyone ever get a sample of the Jouer LMT in the past? Was the sample size comparable to this month's MMT? I'm curious. This month was my 3rd BB so I'm curious about the way things used to be.
The Jouer LMT was the same size as the MMT. 

I didnt like the LMT at all, but tried the MMT this morning and love it.  I'm just about out of my current foundation, so just purchased the Jouer MMT.  Foundation makeup is the one makeup item I generally splurge on. My go-to brand is Estee Lauder, and most recently I had been using Chanel, which I wasnt thrilled with.  I can honestly say I liked the Jouer best.  I'm over 50 so am starting to get some fine lines and a few not so fine lines.  I was really surprised that a matte tint didnt emphasize my "flaws", but it didnt at all.   I'm really impressed with this product.  I wish the sample was a little bigger though.

This is off topic, but I'm wondering what other Birchbox subscribers all-time favorite samples are?  Is there a particular sample that you were sure you wouldn't like and discovered that you loved after trying it?  Are there samples you were sure you were going to love and ended up not liking?

This month I rec'd the Jouer MMT.  I was sure I was going to hate it, but tried it this morning and was shocked to find that I absolutley LOVE it.  Another great discovery for me was the Orofluido Elixor that was in my Birchbox a few months ago. I purchased the full size and it arrived in my mail today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Another favorite is the Wei rose cleanser I recieved in last February's box.   I'm sure there are others that I just cant think of at the moment, but those are 3 products I thought for sure I was going to hate, and found I cant live without.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is off topic, but I'm wondering what other Birchbox subscribers all-time favorite samples are?  Is there a particular sample that you were sure you wouldn't like and discovered that you loved after trying it?  Are there samples you were sure you were going to love and ended up not liking?

This month I rec'd the Jouer MMT.  I was sure I was going to hate it, but tried it this morning and was shocked to find that I absolutley LOVE it.  Another great discovery for me was the Orofluido Elixor that was in my Birchbox a few months ago. I purchased the full size and it arrived in my mail today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Another favorite is the Wei rose cleanser I recieved in last February's box.   I'm sure there are others that I just cant think of at the moment, but those are 3 products I thought for sure I was going to hate, and found I cant live without.
Without a doubt Orofluido! I never in my life considered hair oil but it was love at first use!

This is off topic, but I'm wondering what other Birchbox subscribers all-time favorite samples are?  Is there a particular sample that you were sure you wouldn't like and discovered that you loved after trying it?  Are there samples you were sure you were going to love and ended up not liking? This month I rec'd the Jouer MMT.  I was sure I was going to hate it, but tried it this morning and was shocked to find that I absolutley LOVE it.  Another great discovery for me was the Orofluido Elixor that was in my Birchbox a few months ago. I purchased the full size and it arrived in my mail today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Another favorite is the Wei rose cleanser I recieved in last February's box.   I'm sure there are others that I just cant think of at the moment, but those are 3 products I thought for sure I was going to hate, and found I cant live without.
There's a thread about this! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/123566/what-sample-did-its-job

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Marula Oil changed my life!  I would have NEVER put oil on my face, but my complexion has improved so much.  Only, it was beyond out of my price range, but a poster here pointed me in the direction of Shea Terra Organics where I got a similar product.  Not what the company imagined I'm sure, but good for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box arrived! The nail polish is the gray color that I don't want, but my best friend may want it. They also gave me an orange hair tie, which is the one color that really clashes worst with my red hair. But it is a pretty color. I may wear it anyway.

The Dr Jart is a full tube, and so is the Caudalie, so this is exciting. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just tried the Dr Jart, and wow. It covered way better than I was expecting! This really weird thing happened while I was putting it on, though. Did this happen to anyone else? While I was putting it on, it got really sparkly for a split second, like it was made of diamonds. I mean it really glittered in my bathroom lighting each time I spread some of it over my face.

Ok, I thought I was crazy when I saw this happen to me. It doesn't happen every time and even then I only notice it along my jawbone... but yeah. I know exactly what you're talking about. And I have no idea why it does/did it. 

Originally Posted by dryadsbubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I thought I was crazy when I saw this happen to me. It doesn't happen every time and even then I only notice it along my jawbone... but yeah. I know exactly what you're talking about. And I have no idea why it does/did it. 
Some BB creams actually release small water droplets when applied to the skin. I've used ones that have what they call a "pearl shimmer" or "water droplet" effect... I think the Dr. Jart BB cream we got in this month's box uses that technology. It's definitely cool to see and feel! And they're very hydrating BB creams!

Did anyone else HATE the Nexxus products? The shampoo made my eyes sting, which I haven't had happen since I was like... 7! and it left my hair greasy, which is not a problem I usually have. NOT a fan. 

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else HATE the Nexxus products? The shampoo made my eyes sting, which I haven't had happen since I was like... 7! and it left my hair greasy, which is not a problem I usually have. NOT a fan. 
I didn't receive it in my box....but i recently had my eyes sting from some shampoo and it instantly reminded me of my childhood. so,yea...thought i'd share =P

i tried the products on my hair last night and my hair feels amazing. the shampoo was very soapy and i barely felt the conditioner in my hair. i loved my box this month! (box 1)

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i tried the products on my hair last night and my hair feels amazing. the shampoo was very soapy and i barely felt the conditioner in my hair. i loved my box this month! (box 1)
hmm, odd! If they weren't one use packets I'd totally send you the rest of mine!!

hmm, odd! If they weren't one use packets I'd totally send you the rest of mine!!
i thought i would hate it since it's a mainstream hair product and i have naturally textured/african american type hair. it seemed to work on my hair and i felt the same way about ojon when i got that in my bb box in may & i fell in love with their conditioner too. i haven't tried the nexxus creme yet since it seemed harder to open more than the shampoo and conditioner.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought i would hate it since it's a mainstream hair product and i have naturally textured/african american type hair. it seemed to work on my hair and i felt the same way about ojon when i got that in my bb box in may & i fell in love with their conditioner too. i haven't tried the nexxus creme yet since it seemed harder to open more than the shampoo and conditioner.
I'm glad it worked for you! Conversations like this just make me glad that there are so many different products out there, because some people love one and others hate it! 

Yeah, I used the nexxus creme and i think THAT might have been what made my hair kind of meh. It's a lot of product. 

Originally Posted by sinatraskitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off topic here... but did everybody get that email about opting for a "Goop" box next month?
Check the Birchbox October thread, lots of people have been talking about it there.

Latest posts

Back