Birchbox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Subtotal $150.98 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (Free Shipping, 20% Off For You, 20foryou, Free Sample Pack with Purchase) -$38.20 400 reward points -$40.00 Grand Total $72.78 More than half off. I love you Birchbox.
What did you get!?! I know I'm not the only one that wants to know lol

I don't even remember the last time I got any kind of code. 
Did you ever opt out of emails with birchbox? I think it was discussed last month that if you opt out of their emails you don't get discount codes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

the month previous i had a tinted moisturizer in golden (my profile says light)
The same thing happened to me with BB and SS so I emailed Jouer and told them I got a shade that wasn't suitable for me and would like to receive samples of shades I can use. One of the shades they suggested was Golden. So it sounds like they were following your profile if Jouer themselves believe this is approriate for light skin. They may also have considered that light skin deepens in the summer. I don't like the Golden because it clashes with my cool pink undertones. The Pearl is much better.

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you ever opt out of emails with birchbox? I think it was discussed last month that if you opt out of their emails you don't get discount codes
frown.gif
I never get discounts but dont remember opting out of emails, I'm looking on the site to see if I can opt in just in case and can't find where. Any idea?

Hey did they send out different survey emails? I got an email for a survey regarding their CS. I was noticing in the August's thread that there was a survey about a potential lifestyle box? .I may have read over it wrong. Anyways, as I said, I got the CS survey email...yeaaahhhh. Funny part is that I didn't get any emails on missing box account, which I've had for..23 months. I just found that ironic. And, boy did they get an earful in that little "any other comments" box!

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you ever opt out of emails with birchbox? I think it was discussed last month that if you opt out of their emails you don't get discount codes
frown.gif
Nope, I never opted out. I get plenty of emails from Birchbox - reminding me to spend my bonus points, informing me that 15% goes toward their charity this month, letting me know I have only a few days left for free shipping on this month's product, pointing out how important is is that I buy from their shop - just none offering any type of discount on any purchases. Which is why I just bought a Juicy perfume at Macy's instead of from Birchbox. 

Nope, I never opted out. I get plenty of emails from Birchbox - reminding me to spend my bonus points, informing me that 15% goes toward their charity this month, letting me know I have only a few days left for free shipping on this month's product, pointing out how important is is that I buy from their shop - just none offering any type of discount on any purchases. Which is why I just bought a Juicy perfume at Macy's instead of from Birchbox. 
I actually went and checked my email after I posted. Sure enough, I had a coupon for one of my accounts but not the other. I just made a purchase on the account I didn't get the coupon for and I have never bought anything through the account I did get one for. However, there's no use in speculating as to "what ifs" because if birchbox truly has a method to their madness I don't think I will ever understand it. Dont get me wrong, I love birchbox but their lack of consistency is their company's biggest downfall. Their customer service is so poor due to it!

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey did they send out different survey emails? I got an email for a survey regarding their CS. I was noticing in the August's thread that there was a survey about a potential lifestyle box? .I may have read over it wrong. Anyways, as I said, I got the CS survey email...yeaaahhhh. Funny part is that I didn't get any emails on missing box account, which I've had for..23 months. I just found that ironic. And, boy did they get an earful in that little "any other comments" box!
I never received any sort of survey email.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The same thing happened to me with BB and SS so I emailed Jouer and told them I got a shade that wasn't suitable for me and would like to receive samples of shades I can use. One of the shades they suggested was Golden. So it sounds like they were following your profile if Jouer themselves believe this is approriate for light skin. They may also have considered that light skin deepens in the summer. I don't like the Golden because it clashes with my cool pink undertones. The Pearl is much better.
I put that I was the palest shade on there (on the BB profile) and I got the color in pearl. It matched my skin tone perfectly, but I'm like paper white lol

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you mean the BB spoiler video?

I don't know what that is.  I'm just curious about when it has the link on the website about September's box.  It still says August, and I'm just curious about what this month's will be.  Sorry I'm so clueless.

I have a pending charge on my CC for next month's box. Yay?

Hilariously my box page still shows August, and that it's shipping soon. BB accidentally sent me two boxes last month, maybe I'm due to get a third.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 4 birchbox subs & received Golden in one and Pearl in another.  I have light for both of them so I always wonder what they are thinking.  I did like the Pearl but like you said, the Golden wasn't good, I have pink undertones too.

i just ordered mine two days ago thanks for the little extra push!!! my guess is that they will do a night time moisturizer, a fall fragrance, maybe a face or hair mask, and hopefully some sort off fall makeup item  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> getting excited for the spoiler video and my shipping info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

last month I didn't get charged until the 6th but I've already been charged for this months BB! I wonder if that means it'll be an early month! I'm so excited. 

Do they automatically debit your account or do they prompt you to charge it when your a monthly subscriber?

Do they automatically debit your account or do they prompt you to charge it when your a monthly subscriber?
They automatically charge my card. I've never gotten a notice saying that they were charging for the next box.

Yup already charged for both birch box and myglam today! Woot Woot, still waiting for Sample society.

Latest posts

Back