Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time lurker-first time posting! I love Birchbox but I am so frustrated with this current situation and I know only MUT girls would understand! I recently placed an order for Rockaholic hairspray (seriously-it smells like Redbull) and the Delirium polish. I changed the shipping address to my work address and the package has been returned twice. I contacted CS and they sent me another package which is now also undeliverable! I triple checked the address before contacting CS to make sure if wasn't a mistake on my part- The address was 100% correct. I just spoke to the post office and they said that BB left the business name off of the package label both times. They printed my name twice instead! I know it's silly but I just want my stuff sent to the address provided! Thanks for letting me vent.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing happened to me the first time I tried it. I had just flipped my hair upside down and sprayed it all over. Then I tried it again spraying a fine mist in sections, from root to tip and I did not get the stickiness. I think there's a fine line with spraying too much of this stuff.
This is true for me as well. I rec'd the Amika this month (LOVE) and I also use the Beauty Protector spray regularly (but not together, heh). My hair length just brushes my shoulders and I use 4-6 sprays on each side. I lift the hair from top down by section and spray lightly. Then I scrunch/kind of rub the hair gently to work it in. If I use too much my hair feels heavy and gummy after drying.

Long time lurker-first time posting! I love Birchbox but I am so frustrated with this current situation and I know only MUT girls would understand! I recently placed an order for Rockaholic hairspray (seriously-it smells like Redbull) and the Delirium polish. I changed the shipping address to my work address and the package has been returned twice. I contacted CS and they sent me another package which is now also undeliverable! I triple checked the address before contacting CS to make sure if wasn't a mistake on my part- The address was 100% correct. I just spoke to the post office and they said that BB left the business name off of the package label both times. They printed my name twice instead! I know it's silly but I just want my stuff sent to the address provided! Thanks for letting me vent.
This seems like bs on the post office's part, considering how much junk gets delivered to my house every day that have other people's names on it! I had an ex who got a really rude note from the postman once saying that they wouldn't deliver his mail without his name on the box, only to have them continually give him his neighbor's mail/junk mail for every person who had lived there before him. I hope you get your box soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This seems like bs on the post office's part, considering how much junk gets delivered to my house every day that have other people's names on it! I had an ex who got a really rude note from the postman once saying that they wouldn't deliver his mail without his name on the box, only to have them continually give him his neighbor's mail/junk mail for every person who had lived there before him.

I hope you get your box soon!

I agree!  I think like to enforce the rules when it is convenient for them.  I also think sometimes they just make sh*t up!   I worked at a church and we would send out a newsletter every month to our members.   A family could live at the same address for 20 years and then one random month it would get returned to us for "incomplete address!"  B*tch please, that same address worked fine every month for 20 years and then every month after that one!  I would have to call and argue with them because when bulk mail is returned it costs us almost $2.00, which for a church on a budget can add up fast.  

I agree that it's most likely the post office's  fault. I did manage to track the box down but the replacement box was missing one of the items that I ordered. I'm just chalking it up to one bad shipping experience. The Delirium polish is even more gorgeous in person!

Hey everyone!
I'm a long-time lurker, but this month I got my first birchbox (I was only on the waiting list for one day, whaaat?). I got box #37 a few days ago, and I finally made a MUT account because I have a question about product reviews!
I reviewed the coola and the sugarbomb on Birchbox.com, and it gave me the message that said 10 points had been added. When I went to review the Ruffian polish (got delirium, it's the bomb), all it gave me was the text review option, and it made me make a username and said my review would appear within 72 hours. I didn't get any points for the nail polish review that I can tell.

Is this normal?  Are some products not reviewable for points? Or was everyone else able to review the polish for points?  Guide me, MUT geniuses! 
15.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by stingsting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey everyone!
I'm a long-time lurker, but this month I got my first birchbox (I was only on the waiting list for one day, whaaat?). I got box #37 a few days ago, and I finally made a MUT account because I have a question about product reviews!
I reviewed the coola and the sugarbomb on Birchbox.com, and it gave me the message that said 10 points had been added. When I went to review the Ruffian polish (got delirium, it's the bomb), all it gave me was the text review option, and it made me make a username and said my review would appear within 72 hours. I didn't get any points for the nail polish review that I can tell.

Is this normal?  Are some products not reviewable for points? Or was everyone else able to review the polish for points?  Guide me, MUT geniuses! 
15.gif

If it's an item you've gotten in a box, it will always be reviewable for points!

Here's a quick how to guide on the page.

In the upper right hand corner, get the dropdown from your name and click on points history. account settings will also show your points history.

Then under points activity, you can see when you got the points for which products and when you were rewarded/when the system got your review. If you don't see all the items on the page, you can try to review it again to get the points. If that still doesn't happen, call cs.

Hope that helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If it's an item you've gotten in a box, it will always be reviewable for points!
Thanks for the very informative reply and visual, Kyuu!

I checked out the "points history" tab, and it seems it didn't register my review of the polish, but it doesn't look like I can review it a second time. Off to email CS, I guess!

Hey everyone! I'm a long-time lurker, but this month I got my first birchbox (I was only on the waiting list for one day, whaaat?). I got box #37 a few days ago, and I finally made a MUT account because I have a question about product reviews! I reviewed the coola and the sugarbomb on Birchbox.com, and it gave me the message that said 10 points had been added. When I went to review the Ruffian polish (got delirium, it's the bomb), all it gave me was the text review option, and it made me make a username and said my review would appear within 72 hours. I didn't get any points for the nail polish review that I can tell. Is this normal?  Are some products not reviewable for points? Or was everyone else able to review the polish for points?  Guide me, MUT geniuses! 
15.gif
Mine did the same thing and with only the Ruffian. I think its a glitch because it's the first time it's done that for me in almost 2 years. I'm just going to keep trying and if it doesn't work in the next few days I'll email them.

Mine did the same thing and with only the Ruffian. I think its a glitch because it's the first time it's done that for me in almost 2 years. I'm just going to keep trying and if it doesn't work in the next few days I'll email them.
There have been a few things that weren't feedback-for-points-able because they were specifically not looking for feedback on those items. It seems like the notecards from the _Gossip Girl_ box were the first time that happened.

Hey everyone!

15.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpell91010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome!

Hey everyone!

15.gif

make sure you are clicking on the product link where is says my box.  the nail polishes are listed funny if you left the review for just delirium then it would not count you need to leave it where there is a drop down menu to choose the color.

Leave review here http://www.birchbox.com/shop/ruffian-nail-lacquer/

not on any other ruffian colors

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

make sure you are clicking on the product link where is says my box.  the nail polishes are listed funny if you left the review for just delirium then it would not count you need to leave it where there is a drop down menu to choose the color.

Leave review here http://www.birchbox.com/shop/ruffian-nail-lacquer/

not on any other ruffian colors

Thank you so much nikkimouse - that solved it. I was trying to do it through the product page instead of "my box."  Thanks for your help!  Got my points!

Really random but I just had to laugh - was looking at reviews for the Ruffian polish, and someone said the bottle size is good enough for only one use. I used 3 coats on my nails and maybe a couple cm is gone from the fill line! Don't even want to imagine how long someone's nails would have to be to use up the whole bottle in one go 
laughno.gif

Really random but I just had to laugh - was looking at reviews for the Ruffian polish, and someone said the bottle size is good enough for only one use. I used 3 coats on my nails and maybe a couple cm is gone from the fill line! Don't even want to imagine how long someone's nails would have to be to use up the whole bottle in one go  :laughno:
The Ruffian bottles are what? .17 oz? Full-size is .45 oz to .50 oz. It's a sample for pete's sake, and 1/3 of full-size is huge. When I saw your post I was like ... How do you use 1/3 of a bottle of polish on 1 manicure? I do not understand the complaints about the size of the Ruffian polishes either. Edited: I was preoccupied and typed ml instead of oz and I forgot the periods.

The Ruffian bottles are what? 17ml? Full-size is 45ml to 50 ml. It's a sample for pete's sake, and 1/3 of full-size is huge. When I saw your post I was like ... How do you use 1/3 of a bottle of polish on 1 manicure? I do not understand the complaints about the size of the Ruffian polishes either.
Wait, where in earth do you buy polish? 45-50 ml? My biggest polishes -- standard brands, like Square Hue and Deborah Lippmann -- are 15ml. The Ruffians are 7.5ml, just like the Zoya minis Birchbox has sent out, so they're half the size of normal full-sized bottles. Juleps are 8ml.

The Ruffian bottles are what? 17ml? Full-size is 45ml to 50 ml. It's a sample for pete's sake, and 1/3 of full-size is huge. When I saw your post I was like ... How do you use 1/3 of a bottle of polish on 1 manicure? I do not understand the complaints about the size of the Ruffian polishes either.
Wait, where in earth do you buy polish? 45-50 ml? My biggest polishes -- standard brands, like Square Hue and Deborah Lippmann -- are 15ml. The Ruffians are 7.5ml, just like the Zoya minis Birchbox has sent out, so they're half the size of normal full-sized bottles. Juleps are 8ml.
Crap. I substituted ml for oz and I forgot the periods. This is what happens when I post while I'm at the laundromat and the washer is almost done. Full-size is like .45 oz to .50 oz and the Ruffian says .17 oz.

STILL thats way more than a one use bottle! I can't fathom how someone could use the whole bottle in a single go. Sometimes I wonder if people just complain to complain ya know?

Quote: Originally Posted by casualconcern /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Really random but I just had to laugh - was looking at reviews for the Ruffian polish, and someone said the bottle size is good enough for only one use. I used 3 coats on my nails and maybe a couple cm is gone from the fill line! Don't even want to imagine how long someone's nails would have to be to use up the whole bottle in one go 
laughno.gif

Now I have the creepy image in my head of a former coworker who had those reeeeaaalllly long, curly fingernails. Maybe she was the poster? 
w00t.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the ruffians are 5mL, it says so on the front of the bottle

Back