Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hedge Fund is my favorite! Really beautiful and unusual. I ended up getting Delirium and Fox Hunt on ebay so I have the full "crowd sourced" collection. I like all of the colors, but imo Hedge Fund is the only unique color in that collection.

That's what I'm thinking when I see it online. It looks to be the most unusual. I have enough polish that when I buy any I really have to make sure it is unusual to my collection. I'm sure lots of people have that same problem. I got Fox Hunt in my first box and Delirium is on its way now in my second box. So I need Hedge Fund to complete the set. I just may have go do that now.

>.< I have 76 points on my second account with 16 going to expire next month. It seems really dumb to like be like NOOO I HAVE TO GET THE BOX NEXT MONTH SO $1.60 WORTH OF POINTS WON'T EXPIRE when I'd have to spend $10 to get more points ahaha. Subscription box logic: what is that

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FINALLY got my September box (I have been on vacation). My Davines spray leaked like a lot of people's did (the lid was completely off when it arrived), but I don't think I am going to complain. The bottle is still mostly full and it didn't ruin anything inside the box. Happy to see the Hedgefund is even more gorgeous than it is online. Definitely golder than I was expecting, but in a good way!

I may squander 100 points and get Hedge Fund. That's the one I wanted from the beginning and the only one I didn't get! LOL It looks really unusual, which is what I like!
I have 75 points because I forgot to review my August box. I was sure I'd done it. Not that I could have done the reviews if I remembered. I didn't have access to Internet except on my phone between August 15 and September 12. I was so planning to use 100 points on one of the polishes when I found out they had Ruffian in the boxes this month. Now I'm just going to spend $10 on Delirium. Try writing to them they might still let you submit a review.

Any opinions on the sea salt spray, from those who were able to test it out?
I really like it. I have noticed I have to use less than other sprays I have tried. Smells great!

I wanted to love it but I don't. I only tried it once and it seemed to really dry out my hair.
Thanks. I really love the Amika dry shampoo. It smells amazing, works great, and no white residue. Also, my Wrap-up came yesterday, and I am wearing it now. Love it! I have a lot of wavy hair, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any opinions on the sea salt spray, from those who were able to test it out?
I love how it smells! I used it once and loved it! I used it again and was not happy with the results. I think I might have used to much and my hair felt SO dry. I think this will be something I use on my second day of unwashed hair.

So did anyone else have problems with the Amika Blowup spray like I did? I tried it about three times and each time it left my hair sticky and unable to run my fingers through it.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I apply and/or use it? I want to like it b/c the smell is great and I got two bottles of it! 

So did anyone else have problems with the Amika Blowup spray like I did? I tried it about three times and each time it left my hair sticky and unable to run my fingers through it.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I apply and/or use it? I want to like it b/c the smell is great and I got two bottles of it! 
I got this in my box and it left my hair really silky and smooth. I didn't really get any extra vole though... I used it on damp hair with maybe 5-6 sprays.

Quote: Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this in my box and it left my hair really silky and smooth. I didn't really get any extra vole though... I used it on damp hair with maybe 5-6 sprays.

hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for your feedback! Maybe my hair texture just isn't agreeable to it, oh well. I will keep trying!

hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for your feedback! Maybe my hair texture just isn't agreeable to it, oh well. I will keep trying!
It definitely added texture to my hair-I did notice more fly always compared to my normal hair routine. I didn't use my typical b&b hair tonic, which is amazing btw, because my hair get weighed down quite easily! I wanted to love the blow out spray!

I got the Delirium polish in my box and while I absolutely LOVE the color, it has horribly stained my nails. I used an Essie base coat, and everything. Such a shame.

I got the Delirium polish in my box and while I absolutely LOVE the color, it has horribly stained my nails. I used an Essie base coat, and everything. Such a shame.
That stinks. I had it on with nailtiques as a base with no staining.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used Bondi I'm Vers as a base coat, and nothing ever stains my nails with it, even red polishes. 

Does anyone else look at a color of makeup and think, that looks cheap? I'm just wondering if I'm weird like that. I can see a shade of color and instantly make a determination if it looks lux or blah.

Wearing Hedge Fund today! Love it! I only needed one coat. It's such a unique color!

Quote: Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used Bondi I'm Vers as a base coat, and nothing ever stains my nails with it, even red polishes. 

Yup! Same here, I used I'm Vers as well with no issue. Maybe it's the formulation of Essie's base coat? Perhaps try it with a different one? Good luck! That'd be so sad if you couldn't use it, it's so a phenomenal color!

Same thing happened to me the first time I tried it. I had just flipped my hair upside down and sprayed it all over. Then I tried it again spraying a fine mist in sections, from root to tip and I did not get the stickiness. I think there's a fine line with spraying too much of this stuff.

Back