Birchbox September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everybody!!! I missed everyone sooo much. It was surprising how much
smile.gif
I got in a stinkin car accident & was in the hospital for a few days but I got to come home day before yesterday .... I think. The meds Im on are keeping me so foggy Im not really sure when :/ My BB was here when I got home & I fully received the " punishment" box lol oh well. Hey tho has anyone heard from TiffanyLA? I keep wondering about her & hoping she got back to the U.S. safely. I'd be super grateful if anybody knows!

I just flew in to the states last night! You (and all of the rest of these fabulous ladies) are so sweet to have kept me in your thoughts
smile.gif

Yay you're back home!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

guuurrrlll lol perfectly normal.

I have a pair of jessica simpson 5" heels that go perfectly with this beautiful party dress I have from modcloth. Like literally the same berry colour. I haven't had the chance to rock it  yet, but when I do I am going to be queen of the ball 
rolleyes.gif

omg those sound so nice <3_<3

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay Tiffany!  So glad you're back safe!  Bonnie, oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear you got into a car accident!  Especially one that kept you in the hospital!  I hope you're recovering well and heal quickly.  What was in your "punishment box"?  Maybe some items you can trade?

I did the EXACT. SAME. THING. today... same color, and used the 100 points I had on the second account (that I started JUST last month to get a second Ruffian polish, and then OF COURSE I had to have the third one!)  I blame sabinebyrne... I was OK with not getting Delirium until I saw her fantabulous mani.  Then I lost my head.

I also blame being on a low-buy this month, I saw that I could get something for free (and nail polishes are on my "allowed" list) and totally got grabby hands.

BTW, just looked up that dress and it's ADORABLE!!! You are going to rock it!  (and now I need that navy trench coat... sigh).
At first I was like nahhh I won't want purple, it doesn't look that unique. After seeing everyones pictures I HAD to have it. I justify it by telling myself I didn't splurge on Zoya's collection this year (I was really disappointed by it). And aren't the trenches so good!!!! I'm also in love with the tuxedo blazer. Also after putting the dress on when I got home I HAVE to post this picture. This seriously might be Target's best collab.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheNewMrsRivers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah! I'm so ashamed I forgot to go today!

I'm so sorry Target.

If you live in a smaller town, your Target might still have items! Also the website has a lot on there still (it was mostly purses that sold out). Surprisingly everything ran close to true to size. I got a dress, blouse, skirt, and scarf, and I'm literally fighting myself not to order a few things online that my store didn't have (my store had a pretty dinky supply).

That dress looks incredible on you! I agree that was an amazing collection I got 4 purses and a sweater. Target blocked their site overseas the day of the launch so I couldn't order anything. I have an amazing little brother that went to his Target when they opened and got me what I wanted. The site was working again for me the next day but by that time everything I wanted was gone.

and now i try out hedge fund! it kind of has this weird matte finish to it, so my friend gave it to me. i didn't see it when she told me that, but now that i'm wearing it in bright light, i totally get what she is saying. i personally love it though, definitely a "vintage" looking polish.

That's the color I'm getting, looks great!

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh delirium, I'm in love with thee! My favorite nail polish from birchbox ever. Move over color club! I'm throwing up my sorority sign in this pic lol

I need that purple!

Quote: Originally Posted by JLove1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  First box should be on the 19th! So excited!
Welcome!

Quote: Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i won the #askmalin sweepstakes. i'm gonna get some free stuff in the mail. can't complain!

Congrats!

Quote: Originally Posted by SenoritaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  did anyone here purchase the head of the class box? I'd like to know what the length and width of the pouch included is. If anyone is kind enough to tell me I'd appreciate it!

I did.  It is 8 inches long (left to right), and 4 inches top to bottom.  Everything in the box is great (except I gave away the sequins and pink nail polish). The pink notebook in it is 4 inches wide and about 5-6 inches long approx. Fits inside the bag.

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hedge Fund by Ruffian. OPI is that multi-shimmer gold but it had no name due to a tiny bottle like this. The OPI bottle was part of MUPPETS' collection.

love it

for those of you who were fans of the stila stay all day liquid lipstick, i just busted out mine in the shade "Fiery" for the first time in a while, and i forgot how much i love this shade. it was like falling in love all over again, i got it on sale on some random website, i would love to be able to find more since i'm too cheap to pay $22! haha (or birchbox could always send out more samples, hint hint)

for those of you who were fans of the stila stay all day liquid lipstick, i just busted out mine in the shade "Fiery" for the first time in a while, and i forgot how much i love this shade. it was like falling in love all over again, i got it on sale on some random website, i would love to be able to find more since i'm too cheap to pay $22! haha (or birchbox could always send out more samples, hint hint)

That IS fierce!!!!!! Love it!

That IS fierce!!!!!! Love it!
Thank you :3 I really want to find it in another deep, sultry color. I realized today I too many light pinks and coral lipsticks/stains and not a lot of deep colors. I'm looking at the stila in Aria right now.

So, I just signed up for a second box, because I have been so happy with birchbox. I just looked at the contents of my second box and I got the ruffian polish in delerium. Which is the same color I got in my first box! I wonder of they waited and held back most of the purple for later boxes? Only asking because I know it was a bit hard to find before! Oh well, guess I will have two if someone doesn't want to trade!

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have aria but I have a deep color on. It's called amore.

I started looking at that one too! It looks gorgeous on you. I don't have any colors like those two and I think they would be perfect for fall/winter.

I started looking at that one too! It looks gorgeous on you. I don't have any colors like those two and I think they would be perfect for fall/winter.
How would you compare fiery to beso? I adore the beso and that lipstick formulation, but not sure if I should get fiery if they are extremely similar.

Quote: Originally Posted by vjf1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How would you compare fiery to beso? I adore the beso and that lipstick formulation, but not sure if I should get fiery if they are extremely similar.

they're similar on the face becuase they're both red, but if you're in to having a variety of reds i think its worth it, because fiery is definitely more of a deeper red. i think beso is more of a true red, where as fiery definitely has the blue undertones. i absolutely adore it and i think it's super flattering on fair skin tones.

Quote: Originally Posted by vjf1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I just signed up for a second box, because I have been so happy with birchbox. I just looked at the contents of my second box and I got the ruffian polish in delerium. Which is the same color I got in my first box! I wonder of they waited and held back most of the purple for later boxes? Only asking because I know it was a bit hard to find before! Oh well, guess I will have two if someone doesn't want to trade!

My second September box just showed up too- also geting Delirium.  I got Hedge Fund the first time around, and Delirium looks beautiful, but I really wanted Fox Hunt!  I love a good orangey red.  My mom got Fox Hunt though and was looking for something different, so I might send her Hedge Fund for Fox Hunt!  I need to suspend this second account though or else I'll get three Birch boxes every month.. at least for two more months!  Anyone have any more creative ideas for what to do with the boxes?  They're so great I don't want to just toss them but I'm running out of things to use them for!

Also, excited about this second box, only one item is a duplicate item- the Voesh pedicure thing.  Can definitely deal with that.  I am getting a Benefit lip gloss, but I won the Ipsy Lashbash so I don't really need it! I also got the Curl Keeper Serum and the Caudalie hand cream- I really wanted the Caudalie hand cream so that's a definite plus!

thank you! yes as soon as fall rolls around i stock up on clothes and makeup in the colors oxblood or burgundy, lol

Latest posts

Back