Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a 5-pack of Deborah Lippmann polish this morning on Gilt, and then made a deal with myself for no more polish. This deal lasted until I saw the Ruffian polish and clicked reserve without a second though. I love Ruffian polish. At least the DL polish is blues and greens, and Ruffian is pinks?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I've been tempted by the add-ons.  Still too pricey for me though.  I think they're getting better at choosing the offerings.  

I'm actually wearing one of those bracelets right now.  I like them because the string is coated so they are more durable, they are really well made considering  they are just string.  I get a lot of compliments on it.

Add ons are not grabbing my attention this month.  

Would love to get a nice deep berry lip product, Caudalie, a colored eyeliner (green or maroon), I would love it if they had a Baggu bag in the box…

Actually, those bracelets are insanely easy to make. Waxed cord and a Kumihimo disk or square. Just time-consuming, which is why I don't often do it. The braiding takes some time. I don't think I'd spend $20 on them, honestly. 

Anyone looking for cute fashion bracelets at low prices might want to check out Fire Mountain Gems. If you look at their side menu, scroll down to Jewelry and Gifts. I've found some really stack-worthy braided and leather charm pieces there for as little as a dollar, and there are some really cute pieces for under $5. The shipping there is flat-rate $5 no matter what you order, so I tend to order not-very-often with larger orders, since there's a discount depending on how many items you buy.

I really need to get back into the habit of making a little something every day. They'd be great as swap extras. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooo those Ruffian polishes are tempting. I've LOVED the Ruffian formula so far, and I love the work-friendly colors of these ones. I assume they'll sell them separately and as a set in the future though? The only way they are going to get me to do add-ons is if it is a true discount on the product...the other Ruffian three-packs in the shop go for $24-26, so I'd rather just wait and use points to buy them from the shop. 

Umm, I just got a coldcall/pre-recorded message from Birchbox reminding me to resubscribe by August 31 to get the August box.

Umm, that is not my favorite new tactic.  I imagine it's related to my old, third account, because my other two received Aug boxes.

But FYI, don't open a new account before 8/31 unless you want an August box!

Holy crap. I just saw a Birchbox commercial on TV!
Umm, I just got a coldcall/pre-recorded message from Birchbox reminding me to resubscribe by August 31 to get the August box.

Umm, that is not my favorite new tactic.  I imagine it's related to my old, third account, because my other two received Aug boxes.

But FYI, don't open a new account before 8/31 unless you want an August box!
I got a text asking me to resubscribe. I immediately replied STOP to opt out. Do not text me Birchbox when I haven't given the say-so to.
Man, it seems like Birchbox is really trying to push to get people to re-sub/subscribe to them!

Back