Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good choices for me!  I have three boxes, so I have to decide which one not to pick. 

I love the Liz Earle, but I do have a lot of cleansers right now.  I also don't need hair stuff, but when I got the Davines in my main box, you could review the two bonus foils for points, so I would guess that the Davines boxes will end up being 7 items, and it's a brand I wouldn't mind having more of.  The Shisheido looks interesting and I'm a sucker for skincare stuff, has anyone used it and can comment?  I'm tempted by the macadamia oil, I usually avoid hair oils, since my hair is fine and oils tend to weigh it down, but I've been using a sea salt spray with a bit of hair oil this summer and that's been working well, so I could actually use this,

Choices choices!

Boo, no makeup options for sample choice. I wouldn't mind trying the Liz Earle though.
Yes!  I have been eying that up, and actually put it on my faves list without trying it - before deciding that was silly and taking it off.  Now I can try it!  I hope hope hope I can get it!  =D

Pretty good choices for me!  I have three boxes, so I have to decide which one not to pick. 

I love the Liz Earle, but I do have a lot of cleansers right now.  I also don't need hair stuff, but when I got the Davines in my main box, you could review the two bonus foils for points, so I would guess that the Davines boxes will end up being 7 items, and it's a brand I wouldn't mind having more of.  The Shisheido looks interesting and I'm a sucker for skincare stuff, has anyone used it and can comment?  I'm tempted by the macadamia oil, I usually avoid hair oils, since my hair is fine and oils tend to weigh it down, but I've been using a sea salt spray with a bit of hair oil this summer and that's been working well, so I could actually use this,

Choices choices!
My mom got the Shiseido in her August box and loves it. You use it under your current serum and moisturizer. She is going to use her points to get a full size when the sample runs out. It is a nice size sample and you do not need to use a lot. Maybe I should select that and get her an extra one. Hmmmm.

Ok, DEFINITELY the Macadamia Oil, and for my other box, I'm undecided.... Either the Shiseido (although I don't really want ANOTHER step in my skincare routine) or the Davines, because I got the huge shampoo/tiny conditioner pack a few months back and I feel like getting the large conditioner/tiny shampoo would kind of "even it out" when I get around to trying out the samples.

Because that's how my crazy mind works! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mom got the Shiseido in her August box and loves it. You use it under your current serum and moisturizer. She is going to use her points to get a full size when the sample runs out. It is a nice size sample and you do not need to use a lot. Maybe I should select that and get her an extra one. Hmmmm.
I'm pretty sure you'd win "Best Daughter Ever" for that! How sweet!

I love Davines... I totally bought the all in one milk with my points. I am in love with the stuff! So, I think I might try the Davines Conditioner, it'd be cool if it cut my blow drying time down!!

I just hope they don't have a product where there are only 3 box variations that are similar to each other like the Laura Geller boxes...

Either the Davines or Shiseido for me. I have the Love conditioner but it is not the best smelling.

I think I'm going to skip the sample selection this month. The only one calling to be is the Macadamia, but I really have plenty of hair oils so I really don't need it. I think I'd rather be surprised!

In other news, I was thinking to myself how much I loved Molly's mauve nail polish and then of course realize it was the Ruffian add-on I was considering. Darn it! I wish you could buy add-ons with points!

Those boxes are SO cute! I'm a packaging sucker. That alone almost makes me want to activate another one of my subs. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also like the Ruffian extra. Love those colors! I'd also love the sweatshirt, but it's not something I'd actually pay for.

In other news, I was thinking to myself how much I loved Molly's mauve nail polish and then of course realize it was the Ruffian add-on I was considering. Darn it! I wish you could buy add-ons with points!
The only polish I want from the set is that mauve!  I'll wait until it shows up in the store as a standalone and pick it up with points.  If it doesn't show up, well, I think there's a Zoya in the new neutrals collection that comes very close.  I'll just pick that one up.  Eventually.  Maybe.

I like the last shampoo we got from Davines - it smelled really nice and it wasn't a bad shampoo either.  I think I will try this one out.  I hope it comes in the bottle again.  I didn't watch the video as my hubby is watching a pre-season football game.

I'm hoping for a fall lip color this month. I got the sheseido last month and I really like it so I'm torn if I should get it again or try something new.

Oh my word... I'm so torn. The Liz Earle is tempting even though I have the sample, and the full size (because another cleansing cloth is a good thing) or that hair oil. I have a TON of hair oil, and the Liz Earle....ahhh I want to pick them both!!!

I wonder if we pick the Liz Earle if it will count for 2 samples since it has the muslin cloth and the last time they sent those they counted it as a separate sample....

I guess I'll go with "surprise me" option this month. The only item that appeals to me is Liz Earle, but I already got that with Build Your Own Birchbox at the store (didn't try it yet)

I'm somewhat tempted by Ruffian ad-on, polish colors are so pretty! But I'm annoyed that they included polish remover towlettes in the ad-on.

I wonder if we pick the Liz Earle if it will count for 2 samples since it has the muslin cloth and the last time they sent those they counted it as a separate sample....
I don't think so. as I mentioned I got this sample as part of BYOB, and cleanser and cloth counted as one sample. I got it mainly because I wanted the cloths. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all about that Liz Earle life. I love that we can choose a sample again! Nothing else even tempted me in comparison. My 2nd account will be a surprise. Feeling pretty good about this month!

But seriously... I need to slow my roll because we are still 2+ weeks away from even receiving boxes haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, DEFINITELY the Macadamia Oil, and for my other box, I'm undecided.... Either the Shiseido (although I don't really want ANOTHER step in my skincare routine) or the Davines, because I got the huge shampoo/tiny conditioner pack a few months back and I feel like getting the large conditioner/tiny shampoo would kind of "even it out" when I get around to trying out the samples.

Because that's how my crazy mind works! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Going to get the Macadamia Oil too! I never tried anything from that brand, and the other items just do not interest me. I got the same sample, Davines big shampoo bottle, foil packet of conditioner and leave-in. I liked the shampoo but did not think that the conditioner was anything fantastic. I'm not sure if the one they are putting in the YPYS is the same one I got though. THe leave-in though smelt like burnt rubber or plastic to me, not so pleasent at all! :(I get what you mean my "even it out" though! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back