Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't overly thrilled by the PYS, but I think I am going to go with the Liz Earle if I get to pick without issues...second choice probably the Davines.

Did anyone else notice that we must be getting boxes super late for the PYS date to be so late? I usually get mine around the tenth of the month. But they have the PYS dates on the Sneak Peak video as 9/26 and 9/27. Do you think they meant August 26 & 27? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Did anyone else notice that we must be getting boxes super late for the PYS date to be so late? I usually get mine around the tenth of the month. But they have the PYS dates on the Sneak Peak video as 9/26 and 9/27. Do you think they meant August 26 & 27? I feel like I'm missing something here.
I'm thinking that has to be a mistake.

I'm thinking Davines on one account and if I decide to keep a second, either the hair oil or a spare Liz Earle.

Definitely going with the Davines, it's one of the few conditioners that I've wanted to try from the bb site.

The macadamia oil is a HG product for me, so I am excited to get more. My mom got the Shisedo last month and adores it--we are both getting obsessed with Korean skincare thanks to Memebox and were thrilled to see that brand in Birchbox. Now what to do with the third box?

I think on July the PYS e-mail came out on the 26th, August I'm not sure. Maybe the 24th. We got notifications via e-mail on the 29th that our choices went through.

Does anyone know if you get to PYS on a gift subscription?  I have my regular sub and also a gift.  I have only received one month on the gift (last month) and it was a welcome box, well after the PYS anyway.  Just wondering if this month I would get to pick on that box as well as my regular box?  I really would love to try all 4 products.  I wish it were pick 2!

I'm definitely going with the Shiseido for the PYS.  I have been wanting to try it so this is perfect. 

Edit:  I thought I knew how to spell "Shiseido", but I had a second "h" in there.  Who knew?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they mention a price on the add-ons this month?
The price was at the bottom of the screen. I know the Ruffian was $26 and I think the bracelets were the same, but I don't remember. They were around that though.

I never get the choose your sample e-mails for some reason, so I'll have to e-mail them when some of you start getting yours.

Can we please also just talk about how hard my eyes rolled into the back of my head every time Rachel was talking in that video? I'm sorry she's absolutely the worst with the fake over-enthusiasm. I feel like she talks to the subscribers like they're toddlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you get to PYS on a gift subscription?  I have my regular sub and also a gift.  I have only received one month on the gift (last month) and it was a welcome box, well after the PYS anyway.  Just wondering if this month I would get to pick on that box as well as my regular box?  I really would love to try all 4 products.  I wish it were pick 2!
I also have one regular and one gift sub - my gift sub has never received the PYS emails, so I'm assuming that they are not eligible. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much - I just keep it as a surprise. But, you could try e-mailing them and seeing what they say. And if so, definitely report back! 

I never get the choose your sample e-mails for some reason, so I'll have to e-mail them when some of you start getting yours.

Can we please also just talk about how hard my eyes rolled into the back of my head every time Rachel was talking in that video? I'm sorry she's absolutely the worst with the fake over-enthusiasm. I feel like she talks to the subscribers like their toddlers.
I had the video on mute to avoid this! lol

I also have one regular and one gift sub - my gift sub has never received the PYS emails, so I'm assuming that they are not eligible. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much - I just keep it as a surprise. But, you could try e-mailing them and seeing what they say. And if so, definitely report back!
The box you get for your gift sub is just one that "matches" your profile then? Did your box last month have one of the PYS in it or was it all other stuff? I am the worst, I can't stand the suspense of a surprise! Lol

I am going to cancel again.  I hated the Davines (smelled awful, did nothing), the Macadamia is just a chemical cocktail and I'm not really excited enough about the other 2 to choose them.  I think it's cool they keep doing the PYS though, I hope they keep it up.

I think Rachel in the BB videos is doing better than she used to in the past.  I like her videos now & think that some people are just more upbeat than others.  

Latest posts

Back