Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order right around the same time you did, and I'm having the same issues. This is really worrisome and frustrating. They haven't replied to anything, but they had no problem taking my money right away. 

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting quite frustrated with Befine right now! I placed an order on the 26th which was actually the night of the 25th and I still have not received it or received any contact from them. I have emailed them and also called them and left a voice mail. When I login my order says "no" under processed and there is no tracking number. My money has been taken and I did receive an automatic confirmation email when I first placed my order. I'm worried since they do not reply at all. If I hear or receive nothing soon I will have to dispute the charge on my card. Nice way to redeem themselves! 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed an order right around the same time you did, and I'm having the same issues. This is really worrisome and frustrating. They haven't replied to anything, but they had no problem taking my money right away. 
This is worrisome for sure. I spent more money than I wanted to. Is anyone even in their office! Are they even in business? Makes me think they are going out of business and were getting rid of old stock... 

After learning that I'm not the first to experience these issues, I'm really starting to wonder the same thing. I'll be sure to post here if I hear anything at all!

This is worrisome for sure. I spent more money than I wanted to. Is anyone even in their office! Are they even in business? Makes me think they are going out of business and were getting rid of old stock... 

For anyone who is wondering, I got a reply back from Birchbox.

Quote: Hi Sarah,

Thanks for letting us know. We're definitely looking very closely at our relationship with Befine right now as the April box situation was disenchanting for us to say the least. It is disappointing that they have not gotten back to you. You could try reaching out to them via social media and perhaps they'll get back to you since it's more public? 

Best,

Crystal

So I have written on their facebook wall and they didnt respond to that. If we all contact birchbox, maybe Be Fine will finally come out of their hiding spot?

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For anyone who is wondering, I got a reply back from Birchbox.

So I have written on their facebook wall and they didnt respond to that. If we all contact birchbox, maybe Be Fine will finally come out of their hiding spot?
I am going to email Birchbox Monday for sure!

Me too! This is really worrisome. I would like to get my stuff from Befine (or at least get a full refund) because I am interested in trying out their stuff, but Sarah's scratched off expiration date and the lack of tracking info and the silence on their end isn't a good sign. I'll definitely be sending an email to BB.

I am going to email Birchbox Monday for sure!

Mother’s day is just round the corner and with 700 BB points I’m all set to hit the bargain for my May Box which has been put together for mommy’s delight with  Jouer gloss,  Stila eye shadow and those special anti-ageing and rejuvenating serums plus mud packs.  I’m also eyeing http://yourskinlooksgreat.com products to couple up with my BB. What are your plans for M-Day? I’m so excited.

Hey did anyone else take advantage of the BeFine code?? Sorry I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread because I wanted to post this so badly. Anyways my order came today. I GOT EXPIRED SAMPLES. AGAIN. DIRECTLY FROM BEFINE. And, as the topper, the samples are more expired than my first samples by an entire year. I am beside myself pissed off right now. They got a very nasty email from me. How dare they dispose of their expired samples AND make money off of me. This is no longer an "oversight" to me. Sorry for the rant, but I AM PISSED.

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey did anyone else take advantage of the BeFine code?? Sorry I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread because I wanted to post this so badly. Anyways my order came today. I GOT EXPIRED SAMPLES. AGAIN. DIRECTLY FROM BEFINE. And, as the topper, the samples are more expired than my first samples by an entire year. I am beside myself pissed off right now. They got a very nasty email from me. How dare they dispose of their expired samples AND make money off of me. This is no longer an "oversight" to me. Sorry for the rant, but I AM PISSED.

I just PM'ed you. I'm quite mad right now myself. Oh I misread and thought "you" got a nasty email from them. Good luck and hope you get this resolved!

After watching this debacle, BeFine will NEVER get a penny from me. This is a very irresponsible company.

Ok...I just read back a little bit and saw some other posters with issues with BeFine.  I placed my order on 4/25 and got it today 5/7.  I emailed on 4/29 because I thought it was odd that they had charged my credit card, but it wasn't "processed" according to their website.  About 20 minutes later, a woman left me a voicemail.  She said she was from BeFine, she gave me a big sob story about how she had to work by herself on Sunday "to help sort out the packet situation".  My order "was taking a long time because I ordered the sampler packets".  She said they had to "check every single packet"  (I felt bad then, but now I feel like, "NOT MY PROBLEM, GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER".)  Anyways, she also said that orders will never show up as "processed", they don't provide shipping confirmation or tracking info.  It is literally like, "Well, when it shows up, you'll have it."  I so wanted to love this company.  I am DONE.  I really actually want my money back too.  GRRRRRRRR.....I am super frustrated and feel like I've been taken advantage of.

I just PM'ed you. I'm quite mad right now myself. Oh I misread and thought "you" got a nasty email from them. Good luck and hope you get this resolved!
Hahaha...I saw your PM but I was on my phone when I tried to respond and it disappeared.  Yeah, I SENT the nasty email.  God help BeFine if they get nasty with me.  I am so upset though.  I really am kind of feeling taken advantage of.  "Oh well here's a way we can get rid of old, expired stock and still make money, YAY!"  That's really what I am beginning to feel.  As I said before, this is no longer a simple oversight.

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha...I saw your PM but I was on my phone when I tried to respond and it disappeared.  Yeah, I SENT the nasty email.  God help BeFine if they get nasty with me.  I am so upset though.  I really am kind of feeling taken advantage of.  "Oh well here's a way we can get rid of old, expired stock and still make money, YAY!"  That's really what I am beginning to feel.  As I said before, this is no longer a simple oversight.
Yeah I am in shock that they would send expired samples after what went down with Birchbox. Wasn't the whole reason they offered to give us a discount was to prove themselves and make things right? Why would they do totally the opposite. It doesn't make any sense to me or business sense at all. Maybe they only have expired stock and it makes me wonder what the expiration dates are on the BeFine products that BB is selling. 

I am sooo sorry you girls went through that, especially after trying to give the company another chance to redeem themselves. I now know for sure I will never, ever! do business with them. I plan telling my friends to steer clear of befine, too. Despicable! That is infuriating, I would report them to the business bureau in their state.

I am sooo sorry you girls went through that, especially after trying to give the company another chance to redeem themselves. I now know for sure I will never, ever! do business with them. I plan telling my friends to steer clear of befine, too. Despicable! That is infuriating, I would report them to the business bureau in their state.
Yes, this is all so infuriating and frustrating and unbelievable. Especially after my order was held because they had to "check all the packets". Whatever. I did tell them, in the nasty email I fired off, that word of mouth is a HUGE resource, especially in the beauty community. And, big surprise, I haven't heard a peep from them. Before I was getting voicemails on a Sunday afternoon. There really is NO excuse for this happening a second time. None. As of right now my attitude is BeFine = BEWARE.

yeah I cant believe a week later still no response from them! And it looks like they have stopped updating all social media. 

Are you able to dispute a charge on your card for a situation like this? I mean I have the products but I want to return them and they aren't giving me any means to do so!

yeah I cant believe a week later still no response from them! And it looks like they have stopped updating all social media. 

Are you able to dispute a charge on your card for a situation like this? I mean I have the products but I want to return them and they aren't giving me any means to do so!
I paid with my Visa CC.  I have never had to dispute a charge with them so I don't know how that goes.  I've had to dispute Debits with my bank because my husband travels a lot and we got caught in one of those ATM scammer/scanners in NYC, and were taken for $500.  They refunded me no problem.  I don't know about my credit card company.  It's funny because 2 weeks ago they were responding to me with phone calls on a Sunday afternoon.  As of now I have still heard nothing.  This really is only fueling my fire.  My husband keeps saying "you only actually spent $30, just let it go."  NO.  That is not even half a tank of gas for me.  AND THIS IS NOT MY FAULT!!!!  It's not like I am just unhappy with the product.  I mean, they freaking held my order to "check the packets", and sent me even OLDER samples than I got from Birchbox.  UUUGGGHHHHH.  Sorry for the rant.  I am just so mad!  I think I screwed up by automatically thinking they were a reputable company because they work with BB.  And its not like I haven't heard of them.  Again, sorry...just mad!!!

And for you, are they just completely not responding to you?  Have you tried calling?  I really want to call them, but I'm almost afraid to.  I imagine lots of bad language directed at some poor girl who just answers the phone while she goes to college, hahahhhaa.

If you call again, make sure you write down names and ask for a manager/superviser, need to be talking to higher up people and let them know. Especially since you were told that your products were checked and verified. Crazy people @Befine are going to lose business.

I have emailed BeFine a few times and also called and left voice messages since they do not answer their phone. I also posted on their facebook page. I have yet to receive any response from them. I still have no order and it has now been 13 days. You would think if they maybe are trying to get fresh product, that they would contact me to let me know they are out of stock and working on it. At this point I feel like my money was justs taken and I have to dispute it.  

I've sent several emails and I've attempted to call, and I've heard nothing back. Right now, I'm incredibly furious. I want to just cancel my order and get a refund, but they're not giving me an opportunity to do so! I'm assuming that when/if I ever get my stuff, it's going to be expired like everyone else's. I know I'll be able to dispute the charge since I have a really awesome credit union, but that's really something that I didn't want to do. They really dug themselves deeper with this whole debacle. BeFine will NEVER get my money again, and I'd really like 'em to give back the money I did already give them. I hope Birchbox seriously reconsiders their relationship with them after all of this.

Latest posts

Back