Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah were the products fresh? 

I ended up disputing the charge. It's too bad since I really like their products. 
I was so over it I hadn't even opened the box! Just looked. Not expired but my moisturizer expiers 8/2012. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I did get the free Night Cream as well but not winning me back.

I had sent a couple of emails and tried to call them a few times before that, and none of that worked. That's when my husband suggested I threaten the dispute thing, since apparently companies haaate it when charges are disputed. And well, as you can see, it worked! Hah. I don't really care if I get the free night cream. I'm just ready to have my money back in my account. 

Wow I told them I wanted a refund but got no reply, so I disputed it with the CC company. Looks like the dispute talk got them going on your end. I never got any emails or offers of a free night cream, but I did get my $45 back from paypal.
It really is. I've heard awesome things about their stuff, and I very badly wanted to try it. I can't see myself giving them a shot in the future, just because this whole experience was such a huge turn off and epic failure. Hopefully they'll get their ish together. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is all really too bad, because befine is a company I was really wanting to explore. Sigh.

Just sent them one last email threatening to dispute as well. What the hell, people. It's been almost a month!! If I don't get their products I might try the Pangea Organics kit on the BB website, that one looks pretty nice as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I hope that works for you! When I did it, they emailed me back hella fast and on a Sunday night, too. 

Originally Posted by Hilde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just sent them one last email threatening to dispute as well. What the hell, people. It's been almost a month!! If I don't get their products I might try the Pangea Organics kit on the BB website, that one looks pretty nice as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that works for you! When I did it, they emailed me back hella fast and on a Sunday night, too. 
It's sad that they will only respond to a threat like that. I emailed, called and left messages and sent the final email that I wanted a full refund. I think that I tried enough and got sick of it and just did the dispute. What's sad is that there are no apologies, no explanation & no nothing on their end. 

I'm disappointed because I thought my mom would like a set for Mother's day & I knew I'd like a set too cause I love their cleansers and day cream. 

It really is sad. I wanted very badly to give them a chance because I've heard great things about their products, but after this, there is no way. I didn't get any sort of apology either. They really need to work on their customer service. 

It's sad that they will only respond to a threat like that. I emailed, called and left messages and sent the final email that I wanted a full refund. I think that I tried enough and got sick of it and just did the dispute. What's sad is that there are no apologies, no explanation & no nothing on their end. 

I'm disappointed because I thought my mom would like a set for Mother's day & I knew I'd like a set too cause I love their cleansers and day cream. 

Well whaddayaknow. Got a reply this morning, saying they'd emailed me on Sunday already (suuuure. teacher here, we've heard all the excuses haha). Apparently they didn't have any more moisturizer samples so they sent me a full-size instead. That would definitely make me happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If it actually arrives..

Ohhh, goodness! These guys. Hopefully you actually get your moisturizer! 

Well whaddayaknow. Got a reply this morning, saying they'd emailed me on Sunday already (suuuure. teacher here, we've heard all the excuses haha). Apparently they didn't have any more moisturizer samples so they sent me a full-size instead. That would definitely make me happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If it actually arrives..

Yeah I ordered the travel kit, which was only ~20 bucks incl shipping, but still.. I'll be keeping an eye on my mailbox ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

That's one of the things I ordered! I also got some of the fragrance mists. I don't expect that I'll get my sample, and I'm meh. So over it. My money is back in my account now; so happy to be done with this!

Yeah I ordered the travel kit, which was only ~20 bucks incl shipping, but still.. I'll be keeping an eye on my mailbox ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Ugh, I was going to keep quiet about the mistake BeFine made with me, because they seemed to be making it right, but I emailed them 11 days ago and haven't heard back.

Basically I got someone else's order - it had her billing information, but my shipping address. I'm assuming she got my order, too. I didn't realize right away, because we had both gotten kits - hers was actually more expensive, but had fewer items, because they were full size. The thing I had really wanted was the toner, and of course that didn't come with hers, haha. Once I realized it wasn't my order, I checked the packing slip, and lo and behold...

Anyway, I emailed BeFine to let them know the situation. I told them I had not opened any of the individual products, but had opened the packages they came in, and that normally I'd be fine if they just told me to keep it, since it was more expensive than what I had ordered, but I had really wanted that toner.

They emailed me back to let me know that I would be receiving ANOTHER package meant for the other person (presumably they had re-shipped it, also to the wrong address?) and that I should refuse it, or return it to BeFine if delivery was completed. They said to keep the package I had received and they would be sending me a full size toner (yay!)

The second package was delivered when I wasn't home, so I was unable to refuse it. I was also unsure of whose package it was...I assumed it was too big to be mine, just a toner, but did I really want to send something back if it was actually mine? Also, I wasn't sure if I would have to pay shipping if I tried to send it back.

I sent BeFine an email with those questions on the 11th, and haven't heard back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As a result, the package is still sitting on my couch. Sorry Vanessa, if you're out there!

I also wanted to mention that with Vanessa's order came the Six Packettes sampler......with a moisturizer packette......with an expiration date of "2009/07." *headdesk* None of the other products I got had expiration dates that I could find, just lot numbers (maybe they don't have expiration dates, since they don't have SPF?). My full size moisturizer did have an expiration date of 04/2013 though, phew!

I'm pretty bummed, because I've tried some of BeFine's products through Birchbox before and really liked them. Maybe if I decide to buy their products in the future, I need to do so through Birchbox or some alternate seller that I know will respond to my customer service needs? lol

Anyway, this is really long, sorry! I wasn't sure how to explain the situation more concisely, haha.

All this crazy with Befine is really disappointing. They had a great in with Birchbox, but they went and screwed it up with poor customer service and bad products.

On the other hand, If anyone is looking for a sampler pack I highly suggest the Juice Beauty one. I got it from Birchbox in April and I absolutely love it. I think Ulta also sells it. The samples are really large (they've lasted me 2 months so far with 2 times daily washing) and it's organic.

Good luck to all you ladies battling Befine!

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All this crazy with Befine is really disappointing. They had a great in with Birchbox, but they went and screwed it up with poor customer service and bad products.

On the other hand, If anyone is looking for a sampler pack I highly suggest the Juice Beauty one. I got it from Birchbox in April and I absolutely love it. I think Ulta also sells it. The samples are really large (they've lasted me 2 months so far with 2 times daily washing) and it's organic.

Good luck to all you ladies battling Befine!
I absolutely love my Juice Beauty moisturizer from my April box. I want to get the sample kit but it says it only has a month's worth of product.

Originally Posted by iugirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love my Juice Beauty moisturizer from my April box. I want to get the sample kit but it says it only has a month's worth of product.

Supposedly, that's what it said, but as I said I"ve gotten 2 months out of mine. The sample sizes are pretty large in my opinion. I'm also pretty religious about washing my face morning and night each day. I was surprised it lasted me this long.

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Supposedly, that's what it said, but as I said I"ve gotten 2 months out of mine. The sample sizes are pretty large in my opinion. I'm also pretty religious about washing my face morning and night each day. I was surprised it lasted me this long.
Oops I thought that you meant you got a sample IN your April Birchbox, not that you had bought the kit.
banghead.gif
I'm glad you said it has lasted more than a month. I may have to try it soon.

Ok so this is weird.  I had to email Befine AGAIN about something.  Remember that full size moisturizer they promised me because they sent me a second expired sample??  Yeah, that was 5/8, and I haven't seen it yet, so I just emailed them demanding they refund my money since they #1. Sent me expired samples, and  #2. Lied to me about not knowing about it.  I hope if I have dispute the charge on my cc that they don't give me a hassle about it. 

Anyways, here's what I found odd.  I tried to email them through their site while I was signed into my account and when I pushed "send", it would come back "unauthorizied user".  I did it a couple times and it kept saying that.  Since I still have the email from "Mike B", you know the one saying they are going to send me a full size blah blah blah,  I figured I would just reply to his email.  Then I noticed that when he sent that email to me, it was cc'd to an AOL email address.  I also cc'd that same email in case it was like a manager at Befine or something.  I googled the email and it is tied to a real estate agent in NJ (where Befine Is) who apparently also does marketing/accounting/consulting.   

I don't know what the hell is going on with this company, but my advice to anyone from here on out is to just stay away.  I've tried and tried to give them a chance, and now I'm out $30, have a box of unusable products, and my emails are being cc'd to some real estate agent.  I think this company is bad news.  And it really irks me that they think it's ok to not provide shipping details or confirmations, or even update your order to show it has been processed.  As Anita stated "it will never say that it's processed." 

Sorry for the ramble.  This company is giving me an ulcer.
banghead.gif

Seriously though, is Befine just some guy running a business out of his house?  That is the only reason that I could see for any of this to be happening, haha....

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok so this is weird.  I had to email Befine AGAIN about something.  Remember that full size moisturizer they promised me because they sent me a second expired sample??  Yeah, that was 5/8, and I haven't seen it yet, so I just emailed them demanding they refund my money since they #1. Sent me expired samples, and  #2. Lied to me about not knowing about it.  I hope if I have dispute the charge on my cc that they don't give me a hassle about it. 

Anyways, here's what I found odd.  I tried to email them through their site while I was signed into my account and when I pushed "send", it would come back "unauthorizied user".  I did it a couple times and it kept saying that.  Since I still have the email from "Mike B", you know the one saying they are going to send me a full size blah blah blah,  I figured I would just reply to his email.  Then I noticed that when he sent that email to me, it was cc'd to an AOL email address.  I also cc'd that same email in case it was like a manager at Befine or something.  I googled the email and it is tied to a real estate agent in NJ (where Befine Is) who apparently also does marketing/accounting/consulting.   

I don't know what the hell is going on with this company, but my advice to anyone from here on out is to just stay away.  I've tried and tried to give them a chance, and now I'm out $30, have a box of unusable products, and my emails are being cc'd to some real estate agent.  I think this company is bad news.  And it really irks me that they think it's ok to not provide shipping details or confirmations, or even update your order to show it has been processed.  As Anita stated "it will never say that it's processed." 

Sorry for the ramble.  This company is giving me an ulcer.
banghead.gif
Oh, WOW. There is some hinky stuff going on with this company, and I don't like it one bit. I used the [email protected] email when I sent mine. Say that you're going to dispute the charge (that'll get their attention really quick) and tell them exactly why. That's how I was able to get my money back after weeks of no replies and no one picking up the phone.

I don't know if you guys are going to do this, but I'm going to send an email to Birchbox telling them about all of these issues with Befine. I seriously hope they reconsider working with them in the future. 

Back