Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to know I'm not the only one obsessing.  I found myself thinking the other day "oooh March is almost over...new Birchbox soon!"

Ohhhhhh that would be awesome! I'm all about trying more organic/natural beauty products.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if this year's April box is going to be full of natural products for Earth Day like last year's green box.

I have the Tarte in Lucky and it looks pretty natural on me. But I'm very pale, with NW15 skintone. Basically I have to wear the palest shade in everything, but I have a warm skintone, so a lot of the palest colors are too yellow or orange for me. 

The color Lucky looks like a pale "little girl pink" on me. It just do one coat on my lips though, I don't make it super opaque or anything. My natural lip color is very pigmented though, I have fairly dark pink lips, so it doesn't look like a bright hot pink on me because of that. But I do think it's kind of an odd color and would never have picked it out for myself. I would have picked Joy out and I still wish I had gotten that one instead. 

Originally Posted by cclayson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It will be hard to top the March box. I loved every bit of it! Although I traded for the Tarte in "lucky", and is so not for me. Has anyone been successful in using it? I would love to see someone wearing it!

I wear and love Lucky!  I have it on in both of these two pics with nothing under or over it, I think it looks pretty natural on my coloring, just a couple of shades lighter than my lips naturally.

It seems like every brand is coming out with a more natural line now.  If they are doing a green box again, it wouldn't be too difficult.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhhhh that would be awesome! I'm all about trying more organic/natural beauty products.  

Oh, wow - Lucky looks great on you! It looked like clown makeup on me. I bought Peaceful and that is a much better choice for my coloring.

yousoldtheworld, how on earth do you get your lips so smooth and awesome? (Creepy question, I know!) Mine always look flaky and cracked unless I'm wearing 5 lbs of lip balm, and I've tried exfoliating them. I think Lucky might look decent on me if I could get past the chunks of grossness.

Excited for this month! This will be my 11th month with Birchbox, upgrading to a yearly membership later. Do you think they'll do an earth day-type box like last year?

I dont see why not, Earth Day is only once a year, surely they can find enough organic/natural products for one month. To keep it a tradition, I think they should.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excited for this month! This will be my 11th month with Birchbox, upgrading to a yearly membership later. Do you think they'll do an earth day-type box like last year?

LOL!  I just do weekly sugar and honey scrubs, and I wear lip balm constantly. I do avoid petroleum based products for the most part, and the only time I usually have dryness issues with them is when I haven't been drinking enough fluids. I've never had many lip issues...the rest of my skin, on the other hand, forget about it - tiniest bit of stress and I break out like crazy.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yousoldtheworld, how on earth do you get your lips so smooth and awesome? (Creepy question, I know!) Mine always look flaky and cracked unless I'm wearing 5 lbs of lip balm, and I've tried exfoliating them. I think Lucky might look decent on me if I could get past the chunks of grossness.

OMG it looks so awesome on you!! Mine looks baby pink and so weird.. Jealous!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!  I just do weekly sugar and honey scrubs, and I wear lip balm constantly.  I've never had many lip issues...the rest of my skin, on the other hand, forget about it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess the secret to being able to wear that shade is being super pale with pinky undertones.  Don't worry - actual lipstick (in noticeable shades, anyway) makes me look like an idiot, so I can't wear it even though I love it.

lol well any super pale ppl out there with pink undertones want a Tarte in Lucky, I have 1 up for trade with pics on the trade thread.. I would like one in any of the other colors on the BB website.

It is unused and opened only to take pics of the color. I ended up with 2 Luckys and one Peaceful from this months BirchBoxes.

i cant wait for aprils box!!! i am hoping for a lilttle more makeup.. i cant use anymore skincare, im already starting to break out a little.  i had to buy juicy blemish wash with my points to counteract all the different creams i have been using... 

In case you guys wanted to know, Urban Decay's got a 77 shadow giveaway on their facebook! Here's the link!

Bad Erin! BAD!! LOL I was keeping that a secret! LOL Trying to improve my odds. LMAO
icon_twisted.gif

I was on the BB site, and noticed some Gloss Moderne products under the "New" section.  Were these products there before, and I just missed them? Or is it a hint for what's to come in April?  All conjecture, I know, but fun to think about.

Hahaha, I was contemplating whether to post about it or not. And then I decided to be generous and post. 
smiletongue.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bad Erin! BAD!! LOL I was keeping that a secret! LOL Trying to improve my odds. LMAO
icon_twisted.gif

Back