Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering that too.. I was also wondering if I could gift myself on my other account. I already have a second account but maybe I can gift a larger month amount without paying monthly.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that's not true. If it is, can you do a gift account...gifted to yourself?

Does anyone know around what date the links for the month's boxes get posted? This will be my first regular BB! I got the TV box for my first month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so excited!

Usually the 10th.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know around what date the links for the month's boxes get posted? This will be my first regular BB! I got the TV box for my first month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so excited!

That is strange because when I upgraded my account to yearly it gave me the option to use my 700 points to decrease the cost, but I chose not to.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just did the live chat and asked if you can use your points to upgrade to a yearly and they said this:

The only account type that your Birchbox points can be used for is a gift account.

Well that stinks ):

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you guys been to Teavana? Their herbal teas are soooooo good.

I LOVE it there, but the closest one to me is about an hour away, so every time I'm near I try to stop. I am a big tea drinker, hot or iced and I love pretty much every flavor I've come across. I have never received tea in my BB! I get Eco Emi, though, so that makes up for it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Byt the time the first of the month rolls around, I start getting more and more obsessed with Birchbox.  Just 9 more days...

I thought all of the March boxes were pretty amazing.  I'm wondering if BB might give out some of the March regular box samples to the folks who got the Teen Vogue boxes? There were so many great products, I wouldnt mind that at all.  I would love to try the haircare items, the One Love balm, the Eva Lom product, the pomegranate shower gel, that nice hand soap, ect.  I would be really excited to get any of those products.  I would also love to try a new hand cream or any kind of skin care item.  I watched countless Birchbox videos on You Tube before I signed up, and the fact they give out so many skin care items is the main reason I signed up.  I love that stuff!  April will be my 4th month as a Birchbox subscriber, and I havnet been disappointed yet. 

I'm on the waiting list for a 3rd subscription, mainly because I know they give out a mix of past month and current month samples to the newbies and I want to try some of the things from the March boxes that I didnt receive.  I haven't gotten the email yet though, so its probably getting late for an April box.  I loved both of my March boxes  (TV #2 and box # 21)  I just want to try the products I didnt recieve.   

Good for you!  I dont have that kind of willpower.  As soon as my bank hits 100 points, I buy something.  Well, I shop at least a couple times a month at BB anyway, so if I have enough points to get the 10.00 off, I use them.  I'm going to try to save them up from now on though.  I dont know if I can, but I'm going to try.  I dont generally buy a lot at once at BB, usually just one or two items at a time.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg... seven points away from $70 in BB points! I want to go shopping so badly!

It sort of happened all at once, honestly. I did a lot of Christmas shopping for my family with Birchbox, and I also received a few 100 point additions because products were damaged or missing for a couple months :. I also got a referral! That was like the happiest thing that happened to me this year, lol!

If I had that much in BB points, I would treat myself to something nice for spring!  Pedicure stuff probably, for sandal season.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sort of happened all at once, honestly. I did a lot of Christmas shopping for my family with Birchbox, and I also received a few 100 point additions because products were damaged or missing for a couple months :. I also got a referral! That was like the happiest thing that happened to me this year, lol!

I'm currently at something like 550 points.  I'm keeping an eye on the new items because I'm going to need facial cleanser soon, and I would like to add new items to hit the free shipping total, but I'll be saving my points until later in the year since my point expirations start happening in November, so I'm currently planning on a shopping spree no later than Thanksgiving.  Or using them for a bonus Limited Edition box that I want but can't bring myself to spend actual money on, assuming such a creature appears before Thanksgiving.  I bought the Just Because box last year, and it was nice, but I don't think I would spend *money* on it again (it's funny how much easier it is to resist buyig certain things when I have money than it is when I'm broke).  But buying it with points, especially ones with a use-them-or-lose-them deadline?  Absolutely!  To me, points are basically a gift card shoved in the back of my wallet until I am having a really crappy day or really want something otherwise out of my budget.  It's like when I really wanted to buy some comforting holiday goodies at Trader Joe's but didn't have any money, and then my landlord gave me a TJ's gift card.  Hello, Speculoos, two different kinds of winter tea, and Pfefferneusse!  

I'm also holding off on placing an order until I see what new things are added for April.  I want to buy more stuff (it's spring, so I feel like I need some celebratory stuff.  I really like seasonal things because they make more days feel *special*.  Plus I recently paid off my car, plus I've had a rough past several years, so I feel like it's time to pamper myself), but there's not really a lot currently available that I want *now*.  There are a couple of nail polishes I would like for the fall, but I don't want to buy them *now* since they would just be shoved in a drawer until October, plus they're Zoya, and that company frequently has awesome specials, so I'm reluctant to buy them from any source other than Zoya.  Or, even better, a swap, since then I would only have to pay for postage.  

You should go on the Birchbox Open Trade thread to trade the things you don't want from your boxes for the things that you do!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Byt the time the first of the month rolls around, I start getting more and more obsessed with Birchbox.  Just 9 more days...

I thought all of the March boxes were pretty amazing.  I'm wondering if BB might give out some of the March regular box samples to the folks who got the Teen Vogue boxes? There were so many great products, I wouldnt mind that at all.  I would love to try the haircare items, the One Love balm, the Eva Lom product, the pomegranate shower gel, that nice hand soap, ect.  I would be really excited to get any of those products.  I would also love to try a new hand cream or any kind of skin care item.  I watched countless Birchbox videos on You Tube before I signed up, and the fact they give out so many skin care items is the main reason I signed up.  I love that stuff!  April will be my 4th month as a Birchbox subscriber, and I havnet been disappointed yet. 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif 

It's like when I really wanted to buy some comforting holiday goodies at Trader Joe's but didn't have any money, and then my landlord gave me a TJ's gift card.  Hello, Speculoos, two different kinds of winter tea, and Pfefferneusse!  
Im the biggest trader joes nut!

haha Im in love with that cookie butter!!! I ate it out of the jar with my hands last week. I felt like the biggest pig ever. My store carries it year round which rocks. My favorite TJ holiday product is for sure the Candy Cane Trader Joe Joe's I was so mad at myself that I didnt buy more than 2 boxes since they ran out of them quickly. Next year Im buying 5 boxes at least.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, you should. Today is the cut off day if I recall correctly.

actually I signed up on the 6th of Feb and got a box that month, I just got mine delivered later than everyone else. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha Im in love with that cookie butter!!! I ate it out of the jar with my hands last week. I felt like the biggest pig ever. My store carries it year round which rocks. My favorite TJ holiday product is for sure the Candy Cane Trader Joe Joe's I was so mad at myself that I didnt buy more than 2 boxes since they ran out of them quickly. Next year Im buying 5 boxes at least.

I too am a Trader Joes junkie! I just got done eating a chickenless chicken wrap (my fave lunch) made almost purely from Trader Joes items! 
biggrin.gif

- tortilla from Trader Joes 

- a bit of low fat dairy free and egg free mayo from Trader Joes 

- a dash of Cajun spice

- chickenless nuggets from Trader Joes (I line up 3 or 4 of them in a row, like one long strip)

- Daiya (absolutely delicious Vegan cheese) http://www.daiyafoods.com/

- organic Spinach from Trader Joes

Wrap it up and enjoy! It's SO yummy! 

That said, I'm not even a Vegan (I love bacon far too much to become one, lol) but I eat Vegan/Vegetarian 80% of the time. My body feels so much better after my Vegan meals. True story. I also drink tons of water and tea. I'm lactose intolerant (thanks Mom) so I prefer almond milk, coconut milk, and veggie cheese. I can eat normal cheese, and do sometimes, but prefer how I feel after eating veggie cheese. ONLY Daiya. Veggie Shreds make me wanna yack. I haven't acquired a taste for it, plus other than tofu and a few other things, I'm trying to limit the amount of soy I eat (Veggie Shreds are soy based, contains milk protein, and not truly Vegan).

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found Biscoff spread -- apparently the same thing as Speculoos -- at Grocery Outlet yesterday for $1.99 a jar!  I was tempted to buy a whole bunch, but I have an unopened jar *plus* my first opened-in-December-but-barely-touched-since jar, so I don't need any more.  I should go back and stock up on cheese, though.  There's this one particular feta product (cute little cubes, in olive oil with herbs and spices.  *So good* in spaghetti sauce or on pizza!) that I love but rarely buy because it's usually around $7 a jar.  The Grotlet had it for $1.99 a jar.  I need to clean out my fridge first because I don't have the room for a dozen jars of that stuff!

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too am a Trader Joes junkie! I just got done eating a chickenless chicken wrap (my fave lunch) made almost purely from Trader Joes items! 
biggrin.gif

- tortilla from Trader Joes 

- a bit of low fat dairy free and egg free mayo from Trader Joes 

- a dash of Cajun spice

- chickenless nuggets from Trader Joes (I line up 3 or 4 of them in a row, like one long strip)

- Daiya (absolutely delicious Vegan cheese) http://www.daiyafoods.com/

- organic Spinach from Trader Joes

Wrap it up and enjoy! It's SO yummy! 

That said, I'm not even a Vegan (I love bacon far too much to become one, lol) but I eat Vegan/Vegetarian 80% of the time. My body feels so much better after my Vegan meals. True story. I also drink tons of water and tea. I'm lactose intolerant (thanks Mom) so I prefer almond milk, coconut milk, and veggie cheese. I can eat normal cheese, and do sometimes, but prefer how I feel after eating veggie cheese. ONLY Daiya. Veggie Shreds make me wanna yack. I haven't acquired a taste for it, plus other than tofu and a few other things, I'm trying to limit the amount of soy I eat (Veggie Shreds are soy based, contains milk protein, and not truly Vegan).
That sounds yummy! I forgot to add that I love TJs Soy Chorizo. It is so damn tasty! And I love their Super Food Ready Made salad. I bring it to work almost every week.

TJs has vegan mayo!? Ill have to look for it, I dont really like mayo, but Ive wanted to make artichoke dip for a few weeks. 

And daiya is a thing of the god's. I buy a pack of each flavor and freeze them. It just takes a few extra seconds to get it to melt but that way it never goes bad and always tastes fresh! And it doesnt really clump up or anything. 

Ive never had Veggie Shreds but I think its so stupid that companies that cater to veggies/vegans waste my time by using eggs, casein, and milkfat and other assorted ingredients that are not necessary. There was an awesome looking Channa Masala frozen meal at the grocery store and it was super cheap, but alas it had butter. Why not use a little oil, same exact effect. gah.

and meganola, funny you mention biscoff, I saw it at my grocery store today for the first time. I love the TJ brand so much since it has the pieces of crunchy gingerbread in it, but I may need to try the real brand too. 

Latest posts

Back