Birchbox - The April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think am going to do that with my accounts in August, I wonder how many points I will have by then! yey!
Definitely!! It's awesome! Paulina is the BEST--like no kidding ^___^

Yeah I loved them too. I already bought the full-size box of the cherry marzipan. Actually I think Ill go make a cup right now...
Haha! I bought 6 boxes of it from Amazon. Drinking a cup right now.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I loved them too. I already bought the full-size box of the cherry marzipan. Actually I think Ill go make a cup right now...

and I've only got two tea bags left in my box of cucumber mint!  I love the idea that the teas are packed with antioxidants, so I've been drinking them every day.  I may have to order another one...  too bad the lychee coconut is sold out.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you guys been to Teavana? Their herbal teas are soooooo good.

I drink samurai chai every day. Their teas are the best. 

I cant wait for this month.  I am so sad, I never got my March birchbox.  Post office lost mine.  I called Birchbox and they gave me 200 point because of it. I am really happy with birchbox.  I have around 600pt.  I am really bad at shopping.  I will change my mind in less then a few second so i add and delete from my cart all the time.  I cant wait to see what I will be getting for April.  

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im the as***** who goes by Teavana 5x just to drink 20 of their samples and never buy. I love their cold fruit roobios. 

Im the as***** who goes by Teavana 5x just to drink 20 of their samples and never buy. I love their cold fruit roobios. 

omg when they mix the strawberry lemonade and blueberry ones, I'm there at least 6 or 7 times lmao. 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be cool if we could transfer points to someone else. I have 648 and to be honest, there's not much in their store I want to get full size of
that is purely amazing!

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't feel bad. The first 5 or so times I went I just sampled, but then we took my boyfriend's parents to the mall (his mom wanted to go to it) during spring break when they were in town and they looved Teavana, so we bought his mom some for Mother's day that year.

I keep telling myself that I'll buy their $70 gift set, but then I flake and spend that on stupid crap.

haha yes the blueberry and strawberry mix! Every time Im there I say Im going to buy it, but then I look at the prices and go running. Well carefully since I dont want to knock over their 200 dollar tea pots...

I am a tea lover! In my 15 months of BB I have only received one tea sample which was the Zhena Gypsy which I am in love with.

As for points, try to hold out if you can because it is so worth it! I recently hit 700 points ($70) and combined it with my 15 month loyalty coupon (20%) and got a lot of awesome things (just my opinion) that I had been wanting. I paid nothing for this order:

Zoya Nail Polish Remover

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads

Juice Beauty Blemish Serum

Tea Forte Cherry Marzipan Tea (All of your amazing reviews convinced me that I had to try it and I love it)

Debra Lippmann Stripper to Go polish pads (Amazing for travel)

It is really worth it to try to save the points and combine them with one of your "loyalty" email coupon codes.

I am IN LOVE with Teavana! Their Peachberry Jasmine tea is to die for. Drink it almost everyday, we(my boyfriend and I) have SO many of their teas. The manager at our store knows us and gives us discounts and heads up on sales all the time. i love it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ps. instead of buying the metal tins they try to sell you there, save glass jars that you get from different food items you eat(ie, pickel jars, jam jars, etc) and when you are done wash it out well and then replace the label with the teas names label and whatnot. Awesome way to save PLUS the teas are so beautiful you get to put them on display in the glass.

EDIT: p.p.s how did this go from BB April to Teavana? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey guys I am still a little bit new at this and all of a sudden I cannot subscribe to anything new, it will say subscription failed everytime...is there a reason for this? I can even join this group and it has never done this before?

Originally Posted by JadedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys I am still a little bit new at this and all of a sudden I cannot subscribe to anything new, it will say subscription failed everytime...is there a reason for this? I can even join this group and it has never done this before?
Unfortunately beauty boxes have been extremely popular within the last couple of months and as such each company will close the the ability to subscribe once they reach their own internal quota. This is what's happened with Beauty Army, Birchbox, MyGlam (which just reopened today), Sample Society and other companies. The items they send out are limited to what the companies they work with send out. For example, say Urban Decay makes 100,000 sample sizes of their eyeliners and let's say they work with four beauty box companies in May. Those 100,000 items would have to be split among the companies they work with and in turn those companies distribute the products to the subscribers. Factor in other products and there is a finite amount of product to go around so instead of leaving customers in the lurch without products the companies close the subscriptions until they have room for new members OR the companies they work with are able to guarantee them more product.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately beauty boxes have been extremely popular within the last couple of months and as such each company will close the the ability to subscribe once they reach their own internal quota. This is what's happened with Beauty Army, Birchbox, MyGlam (which just reopened today), Sample Society and other companies. The items they send out are limited to what the companies they work with send out. For example, say Urban Decay makes 100,000 sample sizes of their eyeliners and let's say they work with four beauty box companies in May. Those 100,000 items would have to be split among the companies they work with and in turn those companies distribute the products to the subscribers. Factor in other products and there is a finite amount of product to go around so instead of leaving customers in the lurch without products the companies close the subscriptions until they have room for new members OR the companies they work with are able to guarantee them more product.
I think she was referring to trying to subscribe to different threads and groups here on Makeuptalk. A message comes up that says subscription failed.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am IN LOVE with Teavana! Their Peachberry Jasmine tea is to die for. Drink it almost everyday, we(my boyfriend and I) have SO many of their teas. The manager at our store knows us and gives us discounts and heads up on sales all the time. i love it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ps. instead of buying the metal tins they try to sell you there, save glass jars that you get from different food items you eat(ie, pickel jars, jam jars, etc) and when you are done wash it out well and then replace the label with the teas names label and whatnot. Awesome way to save PLUS the teas are so beautiful you get to put them on display in the glass.

EDIT: p.p.s how did this go from BB April to Teavana? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL!  I love Teavana, too, and I love when BB sends me some tea. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I forgot about that Gypsy tea.  I got the sample, ordered a box of it from BB, drank it all, then forgot about it when I ordered a bunch of Bigelow teas. I've got to get some more of the Gypsy tea when I order from BB again.  I should get my 20% off 6 month coupon in April! Thanks for the glass jars idea. Those Teavana canisters are expensive.  My fave Teavana is a ginger blend. I forgot the name and I'm out of it. I'll have to look it up and report back. It is YUMMY!  

Back