Birchbox Upgraded Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box is up but I did the box upgrade :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> where are my other items? Anyone else have this issue?

whish shaving cream (AGAIN?)

pop eyeshadow

real chemistry peel

olphica hair serum

jane iredale stain (my PYS)
I upgraded and got this exact same box.  Contacted customer serivce as I was definitely charged with the upgrade.  I expected them to send the upgraded items, but instead they said they would refund me.  I can't decide if I am happy with that or not.....

I really wanted to upgrade, but I never got the option to do so. I contacted Birchbox and they were glad I was interested, but said that they can not upgrade mine at this time. I have seen some really good upgraded boxes, hopefully you guys will enjoy it!

I don't think the mascara is part of the upgrade I'm getting it in a normal box. The second upgrade is either the cargo pallet ❤️❤️❤️Or the smash box primer I'll take either

I don't think the mascara is part of the upgrade I'm getting it in a normal box. The second upgrade is either the cargo pallet ❤️❤️❤️Or the smash box primer I'll take either
oooh! I'll take either one ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just assumed that getting a full size mascara is more realistic than an entire palette or a heavy bottle of primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This month I will be getting Prescriptives False Eyelashes Plush Mascara and Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Color! Great upgrades!!

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/prescriptives-false-eyelashes-plush-mascara

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/laura-mercier-rouge-nouveau-lip-colour
Nice upgrades! I hope I get the same ones. Last month I got Lord & Berry Mascara and Smith&Cult nail polish. I was really happy with them. Looking forward to the upgrades again this month. Hoping they will be as good as last month.

Nice upgrades! I hope I get the same ones. Last month I got Lord & Berry Mascara and Smith&Cult nail polish. I was really happy with them. Looking forward to the upgrades again this month. Hoping they will be as good as last month.
I SERIOUSLY love that mascara. I used to buy it regularly, then Prescriptives became hard to find.

In my 38 years of wearing mascara, and trying everything, I think, this is my number one all time favorite. It did things for my lashes that nothing else, not even the newest formulas can do.

I'm totally thrilled to be getting the mascara and he Laura Mercier lip because I also use Laura Mercier cosmetics quite frequently but never have had a lip product of hers. It's like they sent a survey out and asked what brands and items we would love and put my top two in this box, no kidding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just luck, of course, and I hope everyone getting an Upgrade box will also see their HG items and brands featured in the future. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love the Upgrade boxes and hope they continue the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a Cargo eye shadow and Laura Mercier lipstick as my upgrades. The lipstick color, Mod is too bright for my taste and it flew out of the container when I opened it. It was really weird. Also the Cargo eye shadow fell out of the pan and crumbled when I opened the container. I was able to salvage part of the shadow and put it back in the pan. I've never had this happen before.

I sent them an email about it. My first ever issue with them and I've been a subscriber since the beginning. It was just strange it happened.

I received a Cargo eye shadow and Laura Mercier lipstick as my upgrades. The lipstick color, Mod is too bright for my taste and it flew out of the container when I opened it. It was really weird. Also the Cargo eye shadow fell out of the pan and crumbled when I opened the container. I was able to salvage part of the shadow and put it back in the pan. I've never had this happen before.
Same thing happened with both my items as well. They're sending replacements for both. Not sure if I'm keeping the upgrade. Lipstick color is crazy bright. Shadow is pretty but I don't know if it's worth it to me. I did end up loving the Lord & Berry mascara from last month.

Same thing happened with both my items as well. They're sending replacements for both. Not sure if I'm keeping the upgrade. Lipstick color is crazy bright. Shadow is pretty but I don't know if it's worth it to me. I did end up loving the Lord & Berry mascara from last month.
The lipstick is too bright for me also. I tried the shadow today (the part that I was able to salvage) and it was ok. I have other colors similar. I loved the mascara as well from last month so I was looking forward to this month. I like LM so I was excited to get the lipstick only to find out it wasn't the right shade for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I just got notice that I'm getting a replacement box shipped now. I'm happy with that.
I'm so glad. I hope you get another color of lipstick.

I'm SO bummed that they passed up the Prescriptives mascara. It's so much better than that Lord and Berry stuff..

I haven't gotten my upgrade boxes yet. Just got a sad little $10 box with that horrid Yu-Be sample and some other teeny tiny things that roll around in the tiny Birchbox. 

Think I'm going to all upgrade boxes or cancelling an account. Not sure which. 

I've got a banner advertising the upgraded box and theres a link under "your box" - guess they are ready to add more people to beta? weird since i saw people saying customer service told them no. 

my box still isn't here yet. last month they left out the mascara and had to send a replacement so hopefully no issues this time.

What color of shadow did you get? I got the purple and I will not wear it.  Mine was busted as well.  I sent CS an email just asking for points, unless they can send me another color of shadow, which I'm not sure they can do.  I also am canceling the upgrade, it's not worth it to me.  I'd rather spend the $20 on something I know I will use.

Also, I think that them sending a full eye shadow when they actually only sell the palette is kind of weird?

Back