Birchbox Upgraded Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also decided to downgrade, as this is just not worth it to me anymore. I was happy with my Cargo shade, but like others mentioned earlier, it arrived partially shattered, so I had that taupe shimmery dust all over the place. I just sent my CS request today, so I'm not sure if I made it in time for June billing, I guess we'll see.

My Cargo shadow also arrived partially shattered, which means 2/2 months something has been wrong with my upgraded items. :/  I really like the items I am getting though, so I think I will give it another month and see what happens.

I wore the lipstick today and loooved it. the color is great and it stayed on for way longer than my lip color usually does.

My replacement box came today. The eye shadow was open inside the box but it wasn't shattered like the last one was. Also the lipstick was ok this time. I'm going to stick with the upgrade for a bit longer to see what next month brings.

I signed up for a 2nd Birchbox with the upgraded items and it was supposed to start in May. I got my box and no upgraded items or beauty blender that I was supposed to get. I was even charged for the upgraded box. I emailed them and they said it was a technical glitch and they'll refund my $20 and start it next month. I think this upgraded box is too shaky, why can't it be more like Birchbox men? 

They need to create a NEW BOX design for the Upgrade Box. If men get a larger box for $20, I want a larger box for $30, too.

The men's box is quite a bit larger than the women's regular box.

The problem is that most full sized cosmetics will NOT fit in a tiny $10 Birchbox, and that's how short-sighted they are with shipping the most premium box they sell monthly. 

They need to create a NEW BOX design for the Upgrade Box. If men get a larger box for $20, I want a larger box for $30, too.

The men's box is quite a bit larger than the women's regular box.

The problem is that most full sized cosmetics will NOT fit in a tiny $10 Birchbox, and that's how short-sighted they are with shipping the most premium box they sell monthly. 
That is such a good point! I didn't even think of that but it's so true. How can they fit full size products in the regular $10 box?? The products have to be little such as lipsticks and nail polishes etc. Bigger products don't fit.

That is such a good point! I didn't even think of that but it's so true. How can they fit full size products in the regular $10 box?? The products have to be little such as lipsticks and nail polishes etc. Bigger products don't fit.
I've written them twice about the small box issue vs. the men's box.

Could you add your voice too? They are really missing the boat and it's such a simple fix. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think im gonna downgrade. no interest in the full size product they announced in the video today

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys opt out of upgraded add on's I don't see an option to un-enroll on my account?

Do I need to email them?  I am supposed to get a mascara this month I don't want another mascara (particularly that I've already sampled) again next month.

How do you guys opt out of upgraded add on's I don't see an option to un-enroll on my account?

Do I need to email them?  I am supposed to get a mascara this month I don't want another mascara (particularly that I've already sampled) again next month.
Yes, you email the CS to downgrade. 

I downgraded via email I told them I didn't want mascara back to back months, particularly mascara we've already sampled.  

I'm considering downgrading also. It really hasn't been worth it to me these couple of months. I keep thinking maybe I'll just hang on one more month because I don't want to miss out on anything great but maybe I should just cancel.

I'm considering downgrading also. It really hasn't been worth it to me these couple of months. I keep thinking maybe I'll just hang on one more month because I don't want to miss out on anything great but maybe I should just cancel.
I was thinking that too but I don't want mascara every month, and it's one of my favorite cosmetics. If they sent nail polish and lip items in different shades I'd stay signed up. Even if they sent deluxe sized fragrances, hair tie packages, the options are endless but mascara back to back, c'mon

I thought the idea sounded good BUT I would like to be able to choose which two items, say, out of 6 choices (or even 4??) but not just randomly. Birchbox sends me mascara in almost every box for some reason so if I got a box with mascara AND one of the two upgrades was also a mascara, I'd be even more P.O.'d!

Any thoughts on the upgrades this month? They are a water bottle, sunglasses, a beach towel and tattoos. I'm going to skip on the upgrades because I really don't need any of these items. I did consider the water bottle but I have enough water bottles plus the size isn't as big as I usually use.

birchbox july upgrade.jpg

birchbox july upgrades.jpg

I want one of the water bottles but I always thing with points, and promotion codes I can get the items for cheaper rather than paying for the upgrade, and not to mention waiting for it to ship!

They ship orders very fast, birchboxes  take forever though as I'm still grumpy that I'm waiting on my June box.

Here are the upgrades that I finally received. A Eyeko mascara and Marcelle eye shadow duo. I'm happy with these.

birchbox august upgrades.jpg

I got the same as you for my upgrades this month @@Reija! I love the mascara, and have tried it at the beach as it said it was waterproof, and it did pretty good with strong waves! The Dirty Martini eye shadow duo I thought were really good colors, but I am a little disappointed in the pigmentation. I feel that it was kind of funny though for them to send two mascaras in a row.

Back