Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Meghan with an H, I believe we may have differing opinions on the correct spelling of Meaghan. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
fechten2.gif

Finally got around to trying my sample of the Supergoop CC cream. After a few hours, I logged in and ordered it. I love this stuff!
heart.gif

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got around to trying my sample of the Supergoop CC cream. After a few hours, I logged in and ordered it. I love this stuff!
heart.gif
Every time I see someone make a post like this, I laugh and say to myself "One of us, one of us!!" :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They had it in the January 2012 box. If you had received a Zoya in a previous box, that month, you received a stila smudge stick. I received the smudge stick and ignored it until September. My aunt received the Zoya in Megan, declared that they *clearly* misspelled the name, and gave it to me because it literally had my (misspelled) name on it.
Hm I guess they had Feel in the store at one point, but not anymore :C I guess that means no restock, but maybe restock for the Holiday gems/jewels and the Touch collection. I'm over Feel since I have most of the colours in the collection I'm interested in already, or they're close enough together that having 1-2 of them is good enough.

I'm sad because I just want more chances to buy zoya from their shop, even if it doesn't end up in my box. I'm tired of Color Club and other overpriced/random indie brands I don't care about.

I caved and bought the full size BP - added some brush guards to get my total up to $25, so I could use my welcome 20% off and get a pick 2 =) I got the one with the lou manizer and a shampoo that I had never heard of.. obviously I just really wanted the lou manizer lol

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually got a really small sample of the Vasanti in a box 1-2 months back (it was half empty when I got it) and asked them to send me another one. At first they were just going to send it to me, but then they sent me another email saying they were out of that particular sample and just credited me 100 points. I was really surprised they put it up as a pick two and now I'm wondering if their box warehouses are different than their store warehouses.

I feel like it's much more random than that though. I mean, a month back they had mini Zoya Kristens and they haven't featured Zoya in their boxes in a while now. Also, I'm pretty sure they've never the Zoya Feel (winter 2011) collection -- the closest collection they had to it was True (spring 2012) so I'm not even sure where they got the samples... I already won Kristen from a magazine a while back so I didn't need one
I got Kristen in my first box ever, Jan 2012.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They should not mess with this stay-at-home mom... I've got time on my hands and a mean streak 3 coupons wide!

Whew.  OK.  *End rant* 
soap.gif
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Okay, I know I'm really late to this 'party'...  but dat was funny 
roflmao.gif
!  

Disclaimer: I actually stopped after my one-year ended in April.  I already miss my BB and was just checking out these 2.5 thousand thread count MUT 'sheets'.

BTW, does anyone know if BB puts out codes for repeat substers?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got off the phone with WH.... wow.  I am even less pleased with them now, if possible.

Thankfully, there wasn't a long hold time... but the first CS agent I spoke with completely stonewalled me and just said that they could cancel the subscription, but not refund me.  Even after explaining that requesting a refund was an option on the card, they still just said that the only option was to cancel the magazine sub.  So, I requested to speak to a supervisor.  He stated that he understands that a refund *was* an option, but he has to escalate it to the Home Office, where they will "try" to "see what they can do".  I'm not holding out much hope.  But, as always... I will keep you all updated.  

They said I should hear back in a few days... I will definitely keep trying.  I encourage everyone who got a magazine instead of a requested refund to call in.  Unfortunately, I think emailing them will only result in a "sorry, there's nothing we can do" reply.  

Good Luck!
Hey all!  Sorry for the late update, but Women's Health Magazine JUST contacted me back.  I will be receiving the refund check for $9.99 in 2-3 weeks!  

So it seems the best course of action is to call their Customer Service line, and ask them to escalate the situation to the Home Office.  Ask to speak with a supervisor if necessary.

Hey all!  Sorry for the late update, but Women's Health Magazine JUST contacted me back.  I will be receiving the refund check for $9.99 in 2-3 weeks!   So it seems the best course of action is to call their Customer Service line, and ask them to escalate the situation to the Home Office.  Ask to speak with a supervisor if necessary.
YAY! I'm glad it worked out but it's such a shame that they made you go through all of that trouble.

I ordered the Coola Cucumber moisturizer with SPF and the pump was broken, so I sent an e-mail and they are sending a new one and gave me 100 points. I wonder if they are sending a return shipping label for the broken one?

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Coola Cucumber moisturizer with SPF and the pump was broken, so I sent an e-mail and they are sending a new one and gave me 100 points. I wonder if they are sending a return shipping label for the broken one?
Hopefully not, and you get to make out like a bandit! 
bandit.gif

I forgot to post I got my May box I got the Cargo in Bali and the pen in the purple color I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

Back