Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's also a heat protector as well? I've never used one before so that's probably another less obvious benefit since I blow dry and flat iron every day.

In my case I like the beauty protector as a freshener in the am. I have a baby and don't often get a shower right away when I get up. I spritz it in my hair after I brush it and my hair looks less messed up and smells nice. My hair is fine, dry, and color treated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It says it's also a thermal protector on the bottle so I hope that means it's also a heat protector. If not, my hair will be very upset at me after I put it through my heat iron.

This was my first month with Birchbox and I received box #9 and #36. I was really happy with both of them and cannot wait for the June boxes!

So this red Beauty protector bottle has been sitting here for a week and I wanted to use it today and no matter what I did it would not spray. Who else had this problem and what did you  do?

So this red Beauty protector bottle has been sitting here for a week and I wanted to use it today and no matter what I did it would not spray. Who else had this problem and what did you  do?
Run the nozzle under warm water and give the bottle a few shakes. The stuff is thicker than you'd think.

Almost every time I want to use my BP I have to declog the nozzle. Anybody know if the full size has the same issues?

Originally Posted by JamieRobinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost every time I want to use my BP I have to declog the nozzle. Anybody know if the full size has the same issues?
I haven't, but I didn't have problems with the sample, either.

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the pick two i added to my order. *so* excited for the nipple balm!!
That is the pick two I added as well. I just received my Supergoop CC cream order yesterday with the samples. I love the nipple balm, I am going to have to get the full size!  Looking forward to trying the Shu Emura as well, it's an awesome brand of hair care products.

Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also if you actually take it off and spray some water through the nozzle and then put it back on. Mine wouldn't work and it has worked ever since I did that.

I am one of those people that can't see much difference when I use the Beauty protector. I have pretty normal hair. I do blow dry so maybe it is helping there. At least it doesn't make my hair greasy, most of the oils do.

I like the Beauty Protector well enough, but it hasn't been the MIRACLE product for me that it is for some ladies on here.  However I used it on my mother this weekend before blowing her hair out and styling it and it really was pretty amazing.  She has very fine but very kinky curly (genetics are weird!) hair and anything that helps frizz tends to make her look greasy.  I probably won't re-buy for me, but I might have to gift her a bottle.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the pick two i added to my order. *so* excited for the nipple balm!!
That is the pick two I added as well. I just received my Supergoop CC cream order yesterday with the samples. I love the nipple balm, I am going to have to get the full size!  Looking forward to trying the Shu Emura as well, it's an awesome brand of hair care products.

I finally got my order! (Well, yesterday, but still)  I got the Pick Two with the Vasanti Brighten Up! (never got it in my box and was SO JEALOUS, pretty much everyone said it was awesome!) and the Jouer Matte Tint (so tiny! Wow!).  

I have 2 kids, so the Nipple Balm was kind of a "been there, done that" product for me 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  If you ladies like it for your lips or cuticles, you can pick up a big tube at any drugstore for a lot less!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my order! (Well, yesterday, but still)  I got the Pick Two with the Vasanti Brighten Up! (never got it in my box and was SO JEALOUS, pretty much everyone said it was awesome!) and the Jouer Matte Tint (so tiny! Wow!).  

I have 2 kids, so the Nipple Balm was kind of a "been there, done that" product for me 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  If you ladies like it for your lips or cuticles, you can pick up a big tube at any drugstore for a lot less!
YEEEES, I adore Vasanti Brighten Up! Just used it today as a matter of fact! My hubby saw me afterwards and he said: "Wow, your face looks very white today" and I said "It's cause it's fresh new skin! Ahhhhhh..." lol

Is there still a chance to get items from previous boxes? Or is it better to just buy it from the birchbox shop? Sorry in advance if my wording is confusing. I'm just wondering if Birchbox will use backstock products from previous months for current month boxes. Or is it like Ipsy where there are new products every month. I don't really want repeated products but there are some items from previous months that I saw on Youtube that I wouldn't mind trying even if it's an 'old' item.

Originally Posted by Xiang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there still a chance to get items from previous boxes? Or is it better to just buy it from the birchbox shop? Sorry in advance if my wording is confusing. I'm just wondering if Birchbox will use backstock products from previous months for current month boxes. Or is it like Ipsy where there are new products every month. I don't really want repeated products but there are some items from previous months that I saw on Youtube that I wouldn't mind trying even if it's an 'old' item.
Generally, I would only give up on getting an item in my BB once the sample ends up in a "Pick Two" pack.  For example, the Vasanti Brighten Up that I just got - It has been in boxes for several months now, so I just kept crossing my fingers that I'd get it - but once I saw it hit the "Pick Two" section, I realized that it's probably not going to be in a box again.  So I went ahead and bought it as a sample.  (otherwise, if you see a few months go by and the sample you wanted isn't in ANY of the boxes, it would probably be safe to assume it won't be around as a sample anymore)

Of course, that's just my opinion, based on my observations.  

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Generally, I would only give up on getting an item in my BB once the sample ends up in a "Pick Two" pack.  For example, the Vasanti Brighten Up that I just got - It has been in boxes for several months now, so I just kept crossing my fingers that I'd get it - but once I saw it hit the "Pick Two" section, I realized that it's probably not going to be in a box again.  So I went ahead and bought it as a sample.  (otherwise, if you see a few months go by and the sample you wanted isn't in ANY of the boxes, it would probably be safe to assume it won't be around as a sample anymore)

Of course, that's just my opinion, based on my observations.  
That's good to know, tyvm! I'll wait and try my luck for the products to show up in boxes before buying anything then. =)

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was your Nipple Balm empty? Mine was almost completely nothing but air! I got one use out of it. I MIGHT be able to get one more, if I squeeze and twist it. A little sad about that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The rest of it was great, though. Already used my full sized Supergoop CC cream and Beauty Protector and Pangea Organics lip balm! woot! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll use the Supergoop spf later on when I actually go out into the sun...

Originally Posted by JamieRobinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the full size and no issues with it spraying.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
YEEEES, I adore Vasanti Brighten Up! Just used it today as a matter of fact! My hubby saw me afterwards and he said: "Wow, your face looks very white today" and I said "It's cause it's fresh new skin! Ahhhhhh..." lol

Mmmhmm, it is one of my favorite things I have ever gotten from BB...I need to buy the full size when I am finally ready to use my points!

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was your Nipple Balm empty? Mine was almost completely nothing but air! I got one use out of it. I MIGHT be able to get one more, if I squeeze and twist it. A little sad about that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The rest of it was great, though. Already used my full sized Supergoop CC cream and Beauty Protector and Pangea Organics lip balm! woot! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll use the Supergoop spf later on when I actually go out into the sun...
No, it wasn't empty, I think you might have received a dud.  I don't know how they fill up those tiny little tubes, but I assume it's not an exact science.  I have used mine a few times and I think there is still quite a bit in it.

Back