Birchbox (Woman) May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sell them in black and colored ink, for the same price. My Walmart has both, you have to read the package to see what color the ink is! I hope you find the colored ones if you still want them!
This is funny to me because I had to pick up a package of these when I was at Target because I didn't get one in my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I grabbed the pink one to bring with me to a meeting the other day at work and as I start to write, I realize it is pink ink :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I wouldn't say I was embarrassed but it did cross my mind what my co-workers would think of my girly writing instrument, lol...

Originally Posted by l0ser_dust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disappointed with the purple!! The ink by itself on white loose leaf made me realize it looks exactly like a shade of blue Lol not sure if anyone else feels that way!'
I think the purple looks very close to blue also.  I don't really notice that it is purple unless I write next to something blue.  I'm using it at work to jot down notes and write on manila folders.  I do like the pen, and I will probably buy another pack - not sure yet whether it will be the black or the colored ones though!

Anyway, I placed an order on Saturday and my account still says processing.  I emailed them about it and got a reply with my tracking number (it is still in NJ).  I guess I have been spoiled by free shipping from other companies though, because I think ~2 weeks is pretty long to wait for a regular order.  I don't mind that for my BB, but I would prefer the items I pay for to come in a more timely manner.  Of course, I could pay for the faster shipping, but I think I might just end up buying more items locally or on different websites.

Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the purple looks very close to blue also.  I don't really notice that it is purple unless I write next to something blue.  I'm using it at work to jot down notes and write on manila folders.  I do like the pen, and I will probably buy another pack - not sure yet whether it will be the black or the colored ones though!
Anyway, I placed an order on Saturday and my account still says processing.  I emailed them about it and got a reply with my tracking number (it is still in NJ).  I guess I have been spoiled by free shipping from other companies though, because I think ~2 weeks is pretty long to wait for a regular order.  I don't mind that for my BB, but I would prefer the items I pay for to come in a more timely manner.  Of course, I could pay for the faster shipping, but I think I might just end up buying more items locally or on different websites.
I placed one on Friday so It's been a week....no word. I'm assuming it has shipped like yours and I just didn't get an email. I miss the old shipping that took 2-3 days after ordering to arrive!!

me and my sister got same boxes

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. No email, tracking , or anything. Really not a fan of the new shipping. :/
i had to send them a direct message on twitter b/c i didn't receive a shipping notice. they sent me the tracking number and a link to the tracking info. i hope that helps you!

I never received tracking and my order said processing, but it was delivered today so there is hope for anyone else that ordered late last week and is starting to wonder =)

I have the silliest problem with my shipment - I ordered the Paul & Joe lipstick in silk stockings and I am pretty sure they sent it in rouge.  A whole lot of the box is in Japanese and I can't find any id info to know for sure, lol!  Maybe it's a sign I should just step outside my comfort zone and rock some blinding lip color.

I'm brand new to BB and am impressed by their service so far.  I joined mid-May and they have already shipped me a May box.  I am a Glossybox subscriber so getting a box in the month I payed for it is miraculous.  I like that we get a preview of our box before it comes.  Very excited! 

Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm brand new to BB and am impressed by their service so far.  I joined mid-May and they have already shipped me a May box.  I am a Glossybox subscriber so getting a box in the month I payed for it is miraculous.  I like that we get a preview of our box before it comes.  Very excited! 
I think you will really love it!  Their point system is the bomb =)

If you got the beauty protector this month, can I ask you a serious question? What did it do for your hair? Like, what was your hair condition before and how did it change after? I have the most low maintenance hair ever (regular shelf shampoo, air dry, no coloring) and I guess I just don't see the appeal of most products. I mean the beauty protector didn't make my hair much softer, shinier, didn't tame my flyaways.... It made it smell pretty good but I have Garnier curl gel that also does. I guess I'm just wondering what my levels of expectations should be.... I'm generally super disinterested in most hair products and from the why people were talking about it, I expected something beyond amazing

Just received my first Birchbox box and made my first review. Yay, 10 points! I feel like I just took some tiny steps toward something awesome, lol. Is it too early to start dreaming of my Clarisonic?
biggrin.gif

If you got the beauty protector this month, can I ask you a serious question? What did it do for your hair? Like, what was your hair condition before and how did it change after? I have the most low maintenance hair ever (regular shelf shampoo, air dry, no coloring) and I guess I just don't see the appeal of most products. I mean the beauty protector didn't make my hair much softer, shinier, didn't tame my flyaways.... It made it smell pretty good but I have Garnier curl gel that also does. I guess I'm just wondering what my levels of expectations should be.... I'm generally super disinterested in most hair products and from the why people were talking about it, I expected something beyond amazing
It made my hair feel silkier, not softer just silkier if that makes sense. It did not kill frizz for me. Tonight was actually the first time I used it then straightened my hair and it seemed like my ends were wonky and more untamable than usual, and I was required to use pomade on my hair which hasn't been needed in quite some time. It does do wonders on tangles though. I'm still on the fence about getting a full size myself. I keep playing around with the sample because I'm realizing the products I pair with it makes a huge difference. Like I cowash, but when I use shampoo the protector has different results vs if I just cowash that washing.

Not a miracle product for me but I do think it works really well as a detangler. I have curly hair so it makes it much easier to brush through my hair before I wash it. I didn't noticed that it helped with anything that it claims to do.

This is funny to me because I had to pick up a package of these when I was at Target because I didn't get one in my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I grabbed the pink one to bring with me to a meeting the other day at work and as I start to write, I realize it is pink ink :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I wouldn't say I was embarrassed but it did cross my mind what my co-workers would think of my girly writing instrument, lol...
Haha. Last fall I got some pens in a Voxbox and one was a bright pink and I threw it in my purse so my kids wouldnt take it (they erase, super cool). I'm the Chair person for our elementary School Community Council and a few meetings ago I reached in my purse to grab a pen for my notes and I grabbed the hot pink! I was a bit embarrassed that my official notes were written with it.. i wonder what our principal thought.. hahaha

Other than smelling good, I haven't noticed anything fabulous with it for my hair either.. I want to love it like everyone else but I just don't. I do like it as a detangler for my five year old's hair but that's kinda expensive to just use for a kiddo...

The

Other than smelling good, I haven't noticed anything fabulous with it for my hair either.. I want to love it like everyone else but I just don't. I do like it as a detangler for my five year old's hair but that's kinda expensive to just use for a kiddo...
I didnt notice any benefits from the Beauty Protector either. I may have purchased if it made my hair softer or shinier.

Latest posts

Back