• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday 2012!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see if Sephora is doing anything worth while for black friday. Does anyone know if Lush usually has a promotion?

I got a card from my sephora in jcp tonight that lists their 10 dollar deals. Not sure if they are going to be the same for the free standing stores or online. For what's its worth the items are: Lorac eye primer and eye shadow due Buxom duo with a big and healthy lip stick and amplyfied lash mascara (both look full size) Ole henriksen trio - invigorating night gel(.25), sheer transformation (.25) and truth serum collagen booster (.5) Gold sephora brush set - face, eye shadow, & eyeliner brush Purity made simple 3 in 1 cleanser for face and eyes (looks like a 12 oz) Tarte Amazonian clay mascara (full size) & multipleye primer (deluxe size)

I have never actually gone out for Black Friday before, I always prefer to do my shopping online so this was a great checklist. Living in Vegas I can imagine it will be crazy because no one sleeps here anyway, add a sale to that and I am sure it will be fun.

I am going with friends so I don't have a list, if I see/get what I need, awesome, if not, I will buy it online. I am going for the fun and experience!

Last year, we had to stand in line for two hours in freeeeezing cold when we celebrated Thanksgiving in CT. Well, I did not buy anything because we shopped for in-laws like electronic stuff and kitchen wares. Most makeups and clothing shopping were done online. Prolly will do most shopping online. I am not craving for any shopping splurge since we will be spending Christmas out of the country with my family next month. Weeee!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i rarely shop in stores for black friday - i get panic attacks.  cyber monday is my savior haha

Not a fan of Black Friday. I used to work retail and people are super witchy at midnight. That includes sales associates and customers. I tried Black Friday a few times and never really found anything worth buying. I guess because every time I go I don't have a shopping list. This year I'm skipping Black Friday and going skydiving :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Since my birthday falls on Black Friday this year I feel I would be doing myself a disservice to not go a little shop-crazy. I think I'm even daring enough to... *gasp*... hit the mall. I'll go equipped with plenty of Advil for the headache that I will inevitably get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Yane, call customer support instead of purchasing a new machine.  Same thing happened to me recently, my machine was well over a yr old, and they sent me a brand-new Keurig free of charge!  I told my aunt abt it, and they did the same to her for her busted machine.  It will save you a ton of $$

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am excited for Ulta's two-day sale.  Here's to hoping for another $19 2-pack Benefit blushes!
when is this 2day sale? I'd LOVE a $19 2pack of benefit blushes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when is this 2day sale? I'd LOVE a $19 2pack of benefit blushes!
It begins Black Friday!  Ulta hasn't put up their Black Friday list just yet.  I hope they have some good ones; I am underwhelmed by Sephora's $10 deals.

Maybe you ladies know more than me. I read that Bath and Body Works allows coupon stacking on Black Friday. I have a store coupon for 10 off 30 or more, a store coupon for a free gift up to 13 dollars in value, and a 10 dollar off 30 or more from doing their survey. Does coupon stacking allow all of these to be used on one transaction? Thanks in advance. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want to be prepared when I go in there and stock up on candles :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe you ladies know more than me. I read that Bath and Body Works allows coupon stacking on Black Friday. I have a store coupon for 10 off 30 or more, a store coupon for a free gift up to 13 dollars in value, and a 10 dollar off 30 or more from doing their survey. Does coupon stacking allow all of these to be used on one transaction? Thanks in advance. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want to be prepared when I go in there and stock up on candles :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm not quite sure...but I actually don't buy anything from B&BW on Black Friday. I wait for the semi-annual sales, where they bring back discontinued or typically online only items and stock up. I haven't actually needed to make a purchase from there in about 4 years....I went nutso with a few coupons, gift cards and three transactions! I ended up paying $80, but walked out with well over triple the price. They had lotions/creams marked down to $.97 a piece! I spent the next two years gifting most of my purchase, but the deals were flippin' amazeballs!

Originally Posted by chichichobits /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are there any makeup deals for MAC, Inglot, BH Cosmetics, etc?
BH cosmetics always have early sales even if it's not sale season. You can subscribe to their mailing list so you'd not miss it. Usually it's bundle sale for less than $20 for combination palettes or palettes+brush!

Back