• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah even though 99% of people are awful, I feel like this is a more likely scenario - I doubt anyone who's snatching packages off people's doorsteps would bother returning anything if it turned out to be stuff they didn't "want" since 1) they don't have a moral compass and 2) it would risk them being caught. They'd probably just trash it. I could definitely see myself ripping into a package without reading the label if I lived alone (or with people who don't place online orders).

ETA: on the topic of toner/printer ink, lmao I just remembered a coworker complaining about how it was literally cheaper for him to buy a new printer (cartridge included) than it was for him to get a new cartridge for his old printer.

EVERYONE that owns a printer needs to read this! Most accurate thing ever! 

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

The Noise, Paper Jam, and Error Messages was just too true. I will now never be able to look at my printer when it's noisy for fear that it's masturbating :blush:   (and now that I'm thinking about it the other two issues are just ways to make me an unwilling participant...).

I've had over a dozen packages go missing in the last year and I know that people aren't taking them off my stoop.  I suspect that they are being taken by postal employees, based on the fact that they show up at my local PO, are marked as delivered, then when I call about it, they either have no idea the package existed or swear they delivered it to my house.

It's happened so often that I've stopped following the nonsense protocol to wait 7-10 business days after delivery to start a claim.  I give them 24 hours after it's marked as delivered and then I'm contacting the post office and the company.  I'm not proud of this, but a couple of months ago, I called the PO and just ranted for a good 5 minutes because they had lost 3 packages in about 7 days and they were blowing me off.  She told me that once a package was marked as delivered, they weren't responsible for it, which indicates to me that they could mark something as delivered and just stick it in their car and that would be that.

I've had over a dozen packages go missing in the last year and I know that people aren't taking them off my stoop.  I suspect that they are being taken by postal employees, based on the fact that they show up at my local PO, are marked as delivered, then when I call about it, they either have no idea the package existed or swear they delivered it to my house.

It's happened so often that I've stopped following the nonsense protocol to wait 7-10 business days after delivery to start a claim.  I give them 24 hours after it's marked as delivered and then I'm contacting the post office and the company.  I'm not proud of this, but a couple of months ago, I called the PO and just ranted for a good 5 minutes because they had lost 3 packages in about 7 days and they were blowing me off.  She told me that once a package was marked as delivered, they weren't responsible for it, which indicates to me that they could mark something as delivered and just stick it in their car and that would be that.
That is so scary! When this happened to me, though (3 packages on the same day) once I complained, they magically appeared a few days later

I called Ulta all sad about my missing order and they said for the inconvenience since they can't reship it, they gave me an e-gift card. I was just calling to see if they had any information since UPS told me to get in touch with them. I didn't ask for anything!

I printed it out since I can use it in store and am not willing to place another online order.

As soon as I sat down with my gift card..... a knock on the front door. My package showed up.. THE IRONY OF THIS MOMENT!!! It was delivered a street over (seriously!?!) and a woman said it was at her grandma's house and she wasn't able to bring it by herself. Apparently her grandmother has gotten a lot of packages that aren't hers. We must have the illiterate UPS driver. I always have packages that are USPS so I've never dealt with this issue.

So now I have this gift card.. it's only $23. It wasn't a high value order. I'm thinking I'll just put this towards buying my mother something nice for christmas instead of keeping it for myself. I don't see the sense in wasting it.. I'm trying to make a moral decision here since I didn't ask for the gift card!

I called Ulta all sad about my missing order and they said for the inconvenience since they can't reship it, they gave me an e-gift card. I was just calling to see if they had any information since UPS told me to get in touch with them. I didn't ask for anything!

I printed it out since I can use it in store and am not willing to place another online order.

As soon as I sat down with my gift card..... a knock on the front door. My package showed up.. THE IRONY OF THIS MOMENT!!! It was delivered a street over (seriously!?!) and a woman said it was at her grandma's house and she wasn't able to bring it by herself. Apparently her grandmother has gotten a lot of packages that aren't hers. We must have the illiterate UPS driver. I always have packages that are USPS so I've never dealt with this issue.

So now I have this gift card.. it's only $23. It wasn't a high value order. I'm thinking I'll just put this towards buying my mother something nice for christmas instead of keeping it for myself. I don't see the sense in wasting it.. I'm trying to make a moral decision here since I didn't ask for the gift card!
I have a $15 gc from Ulta for complaining about missing samples from two of my last orders.  Guess what?  My Cyber Monday didn't have samples either.  I'm not sure I even want to complain again, but.....  I'm still kind of grouchy that they never addressed the fact that my points were held hostage on BF and I couldn't use them to shop.  I'm trying to convince myself to just let it go.

Perhaps you could buy a gift set and split it with her -- that way you get a little something and you get to share a little something.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my Ulta Cyber Monday order on Friday, but it was missing an item. Emailed them immediately, got the automatic "we'll be with you within 24 hours" and....nothing. If it's going to be business days, they should specify that instead of hours...

@ lorac goes on hautelook about once every 3 months and they bring back previously sold out items sometimes. So maybe you will see the palette on there in the future. Lorac was just on like 4 days ago so it will be a little wait.
@ lorac goes on hautelook tomorrow. Not sure if you ever got the palette or if they will have it but wanted to let you know.

Back