• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what's going to happen in the coming years. E-commerce has really taken off, and I think people really like the convenience of shopping from their own home instead of braving the malls (sorry malls, i know you have your bottom line, but you're mostly annoying). 

I try to moderate my expectations with shipping, especially when it's the holiday season. It might be where I live, but usually, if I ship and pay through paypal, it's 2 days from when it goes to USPS, but now it's like 4-5 days, which I understand.

I think it's also a problem of overselling vs. being able to fulfill. Companies want to make profit, but sometimes there are more orders than they can necessarily take care of... but hiring more people takes away from the profit, etc. Well. I guess we'll see.

@@Bikerchic - Thanks for posting about the box size. I did end up calling UD to process a claim. The nice person I spoke to said the same thing. Its a box way bigger than necessary but, she thought it was so it doesn't get lost. Yet, mine is lost.

Its so strange because the tracking number says delivered but has no details about who shipped it. No UD reference.  Under the UPS choice calendar, its not listed as a package delivered that day either.

We all know the liners I chose will be all gone.  The best I can hope for is a refund at this point.

@@Kookymama I bet the colors you want are in stock.  I'm almost certain they held back some inventory and didn't sell everything.  Hopefully they'll replace your order.

The UD palette that I said I did NOT want to purchase anymore (and the CS agent confirmed that she was NOT placing an order) shipped today.

The email says full price. The most recent card info I gave them is my fiance's, so I didn't confirm what the actual charge is. I'm assuming that the woman who said she wasn't placing the order did actually place the order, and now I need to either call and have them refund me the difference, or do a return.

Sooo...I received my UD eyeliners from the BF weekend sale, and I wonder why the package is so heavy for just 2 eyeliners.  I open it up...and there is a Naked on the Run palette.  I contacted them to let them know.  Has anyone ever had this happen and do they usually ask you to send back the item?  This isn't something I would have purchased, but if I get to keep it I would love to try it out.  Also, got $20 off a purchase on my hookup card!

Sooo...I received my UD eyeliners from the BF weekend sale, and I wonder why the package is so heavy for just 2 eyeliners.  I open it up...and there is a Naked on the Run palette.  I contacted them to let them know.  Has anyone ever had this happen and do they usually ask you to send back the item?  This isn't something I would have purchased, but if I get to keep it I would love to try it out.  Also, got $20 off a purchase on my hookup card!
Wow! Talk about good luck!

You are a better person than me... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sooo...I received my UD eyeliners from the BF weekend sale, and I wonder why the package is so heavy for just 2 eyeliners. I open it up...and there is a Naked on the Run palette. I contacted them to let them know. Has anyone ever had this happen and do they usually ask you to send back the item? This isn't something I would have purchased, but if I get to keep it I would love to try it out. Also, got $20 off a purchase on my hookup card!
I feel like something similar has happened to someone here on MUT before and they contacted UD and they said to keep the item with no charge since it was their mistake and that they would just have to trash the item anyways if it were sent back.

I feel like something similar has happened to someone here on MUT before and they contacted UD and they said to keep the item with no charge since it was their mistake and that they would just have to trash the item anyways if it were sent back.
I vaguely recall something like that, but I'm also thinking that there had been a case when someone had received a Naked3 (?) soon after they were released with a shattered powder and they sent the replacement without asking for the old one because of the reason you mentioned.

Kelly kaye got one of the body luminizing things I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone order the Mally mystery beauty bag?  I'm waiting on mine and can't find spoilers anywhere.  It's supposed to be here Thursday, but I'm too antsy to wait that long. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did anyone order the Mally mystery beauty bag?  I'm waiting on mine and can't find spoilers anywhere.  It's supposed to be here Thursday, but I'm too antsy to wait that long. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I ordered the mystery bag and mine is due to be delivered on Wednesday. I'll post a spoiler if I get the chance! I did accidentally see someone else post about the bag (was it earlier in this thread?) but I tried to skip past it since I don't like spoilers!

Thats awesome!

Back