• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to PayPal and regular shopping. (I used to use it sporadically for eBay only.) PayPal shows the $15 refund for my original order but my credit card doesn't show that credit. Does it take a few business days for it to reflect on my card like normal refunds? TIA!
Don't know if anyone answered you, but once the refund hits your PayPal it can take ages to be returned to your card - of course every card issuer is different, but for me it usually takes 5-7 days.

Yeah I'll probably give them a call tomorrow to see, I'm assuming it'll just be while supplies last.

Also, look at this email they finally sent out...

image.jpg

"Technical issues"
I know, that took them a while. 

Well I was thinking about the discover from L'occi but you can't order it with any other offer, including the non code offers. I wanted to grab some of the B2G1 stocking stuffers to make it worth my while (because CADE smells so yummy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) but they wont combine so screw you L'occi

Well I was thinking about the discover from L'occi but you can't order it with any other offer, including the non code offers. I wanted to grab some of the B2G1 stocking stuffers to make it worth my while (because CADE smells so yummy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) but they wont combine so screw you L'occi
Not being able to combine it with a non-code offer is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. They really need to get their crap together. I get not wanting people to stack codes, I get why most % off sales only cover full price items (unless a company is reallyyyyy trying to get rid of excess old stock), but there is ZERO reason why you shouldn't be able to get some B2G1 items in the same order as the discover box.

The Sparkle combines with the B2G1 and I don't need all the hand creams in the Discover box so IF i decide to order I'd get more use out of the sparkle/b2g1 offer.

ummmm ok so weird. two packages just arrived. my sephora order from cyber monday...and MY CANCELLED BLACK FRIDAY ORDER FROM ULTA!!!

I orderded both Lorac palettes and bare minerals set. the vintage vixen was missing from the box. the shipping said one item could not be shipped.....umm i was not charged for this order and they gave me the $20 gift card which is why i got something on cyber monday.

please please please tell me others got their cancelled orders too?

ummmm ok so weird. two packages just arrived. my sephora order from cyber monday...and MY CANCELLED BLACK FRIDAY ORDER FROM ULTA!!!

I orderded both Lorac palettes and bare minerals set. the vintage vixen was missing from the box. the shipping said one item could not be shipped.....umm i was not charged for this order and they gave me the $20 gift card which is why i got something on cyber monday.

please please please tell me others got their cancelled orders too?
LUCKY!! Nope, no order here but now I'm going to be stalking my mailbox...lol

I missed the L'Occi deal the first time around.  I know it's left a bad taste for many with the way it was handled, but I confess I jumped on the deal.  I abhor paying for shipping, but this is a pretty good box even with shipping.  Totally random, though, one of the shipping options is NY store pick up for $4.95.  Hello?  I'll just sit on my butt at home and have you deliver to me for $4.95, thank you very much. 

The NY pick up was 0.00 for me, weird

Edit: absolutely useless for me though lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiehl's is also 6% ebates.

My ebates app is already refreshed with tomorrow's cash back offers!! Ulta is 10% and so are many others...

My internet on my laptop keeps freezing so I'm going back and forth...not fun.

Origins has 4 new offers to choose from for promos. I'm going with option #1...$10 off $25 and free shipping! Code CYBER1
Wanted to thank you for mentioning this. I used the code for 5 free deluxe sized samples and a free super sized ginger whipped body cream!

Oh and I wanted to mention this for those that missed this (Origins ran out). But Macy's still has the Origins Superstars Value Set available for $61. So I got a second set. That planscription overnight stuff really works! And the ginger scented products got me addicted. Thus the Origins purchase above.

I got a better gift on Cyber Monday without spending extra, but they still have a free gift set but you need to spend $4 more. Or if you spend $85 you get a watch

Receive a FREE 2-Pc. Gift with $65 Origins purchase. Gift includes Tote Bag and Make A Difference Hand Cream 15ml.

2443123_fpx.jpg

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/origins-superstars-value-set?ID=1715029&CategoryID=33668#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D193%26ruleId%3D%26slotId%3D2%26kws%3Dorigins%26searchType%3Dac%26ackws%3Dorigins

My UD order says it was delivered yesterday and left at my door.  It wasn't.  It was only 2 eyeliners so, I am sure the small package got lost in the delivery shuffle.  I had two boxes that were delivered by my UPS guy yesterday.  I was here when he came.  What are the chances my UD package will come today? 

Edited to ask:  Did anyone else just get the two liners and can tell me what kind of packaging it arrived in?  If my guy comes again today, I want to catch him and let him know.

Wanted to thank you for mentioning this. I used the code for 5 free deluxe sized samples and a free super sized ginger whipped body cream!

Oh and I wanted to mention this for those that missed this (Origins ran out). But Macy's still has the Origins Superstars Value Set available for $61. So I got a second set. That planscription overnight stuff really works! And the ginger scented products got me addicted. Thus the Origins purchase above.

I got a better gift on Cyber Monday without spending extra, but they still have a free gift set but you need to spend $4 more. Or if you spend $85 you get a watch

Receive a FREE 2-Pc. Gift with $65 Origins purchase. Gift includes Tote Bag and Make A Difference Hand Cream 15ml.

2443123_fpx.jpg

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/origins-superstars-value-set?ID=1715029&CategoryID=33668#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D193%26ruleId%3D%26slotId%3D2%26kws%3Dorigins%26searchType%3Dac%26ackws%3Dorigins
Nice!!!  And...you're welcome!!  

I only knew of Kiehl's from here, so I'm sharing the love with all of you too!  Thank you!

@ if you go in store, they will let you get the Locci Box Set if you tell them Discover, and last night when I was there I asked if I could get 'SPARKLE' too and the girl said no, that I couldn't combine offers.  So, I looked at the register and it was displaying $59.  I said right, but the product I am purchasing IS OVER $40, not my fault if you guys are putting it out for a discount!

She said hmmm, well, let me try!!  She tried.  It worked!!!  For under $40 I walked out of L'Occitane with my second L'OcciBox Set, and Sparkle!   :smilehappyyes:    Oh, AND a packet full of divine cream samples!!  

Also, my L'OcciBox Set I ordered online should be delivered today.  Fed Ex called me yesterday and asked for an alternate address.  I didn't realize they were shipping Fed Ex, and I placed my order with my PO Box. 

@ if you go in store, they will let you get the Locci Box Set if you tell them Discover, and last night when I was there I asked if I could get 'SPARKLE' too and the girl said no, that I couldn't combine offers. So, I looked at the register and it was displaying $59. I said right, but the product I am purchasing IS OVER $40, not my fault if you guys are putting it out for a discount!

She said hmmm, well, let me try!! She tried. It worked!!! For under $40 I walked out of L'Occitane with my second L'OcciBox Set, and Sparkle! :smilehappyyes: Oh, AND a packet full of divine cream samples!!

Also, my L'OcciBox Set I ordered online should be delivered today. Fed Ex called me yesterday and asked for an alternate address. I didn't realize they were shipping Fed Ex, and I placed my order with my PO Box.
I know, I just wish there were a L'Occitane in the mall across the street - the one I like is near where I used to work, which is about 20 miles away. Still a totally short distance for Houston and I wouldn't blink making the trip normally, BUT I've got a huge exam next Friday so I've buried myself in books/notes and told myself I wouldn't leave the house unless it was for food/groceries at the places within 5 min of my house lol.
ETA: omg I'm going to kill the guys working on the house next door (I live in a new neighborhood that's only half built). They've got the radio on so loud I can't hear the video lecture I'm watching ON FULL VOLUME

FYI to anyone who ordered from jouercosmetics.com, they seem to be having inventory issues and handling it very poorly. I didn't order, but details are posted on another beauty forum: http://www.makeupalley.com/m_177347233

Copy/pasted text in the spoiler:

FYI: Do NOT order from JOUER COSMETICS. Here is why++

Last week I placed an order for $213. CC was charged. I ordered from 3 other sites same time; all but JOUER have arrived. NO info on their site about orders, NO shipping info, etc.

Called. They RAN OUT of merchandise last week and will NOT be getting any in (half of my items will not be restocked, a few will take 2 weeks). They SAT on this and have NOT told customers because, and I quote "we are trying to figure out how to handle this". (so they don't lose the money, obviously)

It gets better.

I said to cancel my order as many of the items were gifts (they were or for some friends who went in on then order with me). Ok, order cancelled. They'll send me an email "when we return your purchase".

Wait, I'm returning it now. Yes but...OUR CREDIT DEPARTMENT IS NOT IN TODAY SO SOME TIME NEXT WEEK THEY'LL GET TO IT.

So, in other words, you will NOT issue me a credit to my account until NEXT WEEK? Yes or later BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY IT MAY TAKE A WEEK OR TWO TO MAKE THE RETURN.

W.T.F. Manager? She WAS the manager.

Called CC and said look, they have my money, they admit NOT having the merchandise when they took the order, SAT on the money for over a week knowing the items will NEVER be in stock and I have to wait 1-2 WEEKS before they even issue a refund?! Does this sound like theft to you?

Yes it does said the CC rep. They have placed a fraud/theft alert on my card against JOUER, credited me the money and are now contacting JOUER.

Do NOT give that company your business. Please. If you must have it, buy it elsewhere from a different site.

Hitting Yelp, BBB and any other place I can think off to file a complaint. Sheesh. :/

Got a big    :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   when catching up on this thread today - my business packaging is apparently being used by the company I purchased it from for their new ad-banners, and I just got one served to me here on MUT!  (See pink arrows...)

Kind of an interesting "when worlds collide"...

FYI to anyone who ordered from jouercosmetics.com, they seem to be having inventory issues and handling it very poorly. I didn't order, but details are posted on another beauty forum: http://www.makeupalley.com/m_177347233

Copy/pasted text in the spoiler:

FYI: Do NOT order from JOUER COSMETICS. Here is why++

Last week I placed an order for $213. CC was charged. I ordered from 3 other sites same time; all but JOUER have arrived. NO info on their site about orders, NO shipping info, etc.

Called. They RAN OUT of merchandise last week and will NOT be getting any in (half of my items will not be restocked, a few will take 2 weeks). They SAT on this and have NOT told customers because, and I quote "we are trying to figure out how to handle this". (so they don't lose the money, obviously)

It gets better.

I said to cancel my order as many of the items were gifts (they were or for some friends who went in on then order with me). Ok, order cancelled. They'll send me an email "when we return your purchase".

Wait, I'm returning it now. Yes but...OUR CREDIT DEPARTMENT IS NOT IN TODAY SO SOME TIME NEXT WEEK THEY'LL GET TO IT.

So, in other words, you will NOT issue me a credit to my account until NEXT WEEK? Yes or later BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY IT MAY TAKE A WEEK OR TWO TO MAKE THE RETURN.

W.T.F. Manager? She WAS the manager.

Called CC and said look, they have my money, they admit NOT having the merchandise when they took the order, SAT on the money for over a week knowing the items will NEVER be in stock and I have to wait 1-2 WEEKS before they even issue a refund?! Does this sound like theft to you?

Yes it does said the CC rep. They have placed a fraud/theft alert on my card against JOUER, credited me the money and are now contacting JOUER.

Do NOT give that company your business. Please. If you must have it, buy it elsewhere from a different site.

Hitting Yelp, BBB and any other place I can think off to file a complaint. Sheesh. :/
Can you send me a PM with the link for this? I don't know if you're allowed to link it in-forum. I didn't order, but I was thinking of ordering something else from them.

Latest posts

Back