• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo...I received my UD eyeliners from the BF weekend sale, and I wonder why the package is so heavy for just 2 eyeliners.  I open it up...and there is a Naked on the Run palette.  I contacted them to let them know.  Has anyone ever had this happen and do they usually ask you to send back the item?  This isn't something I would have purchased, but if I get to keep it I would love to try it out.  Also, got $20 off a purchase on my hookup card!
You are a much more honest person than me :bandit:   I have zero morals......

So last month my Truman dog ate my Ulta order.  I guess I'm not very smart because I left today's order on the chair when I crawled into bed for a nice winter's nap.  Yup, same thing.  He ate the eye shadows!  So sad that the Lorac Cyber Monday palette is pretty well destroyed.  He also managed to mangle the packaging on the LG eye shadow.  There were a few other minor casualties, but totally salvageable.

Hopefully I've really learned my lesson.  I even *thought* that I should move that box when I first opened it, but then I forgot.  UUURRRRRGH!

So last month my Truman dog ate my Ulta order.  I guess I'm not very smart because I left today's order on the chair when I crawled into bed for a nice winter's nap.  Yup, same thing.  He ate the eye shadows!  So sad that the Lorac Cyber Monday palette is pretty well destroyed.  He also managed to mangle the packaging on the LG eye shadow.  There were a few other minor casualties, but totally salvageable.

Hopefully I've really learned my lesson.  I even *thought* that I should move that box when I first opened it, but then I forgot.  UUURRRRRGH!
Sorry that happened to you.

Did anyone order the Mally mystery beauty bag?  I'm waiting on mine and can't find spoilers anywhere.  It's supposed to be here Thursday, but I'm too antsy to wait that long. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Just received my bag! Picture and summary in the spoiler; it looks pretty nice.

mally.jpg

It contained:

• the purse which looks cute but is a little cheap feeling in person
  • Gorgois Glow Lighter
  • Liquid Face Defender Blush
  • Double-sided waterproof eyeliner in black and plum
  • Maximizing mascara (appears double sided)
  • Brow gel
  • Pencil sharpener
  • 3 lip glosses
  • Evercolor endless eyeshadow (which seems to have a nifty applicator)
I think it's a pretty good collection for $25! I haven't had time to test anything as I'm rushing to pack for a trip. Hope everyone else enjoys their mystery bags too!

I'm really frustrated with Blackheart - it's been so long since I'd placed my order (11/27!) that I was honestly confused to get a shipping email last night. Then I saw that I would only be getting 5 of the 9 items I ordered and the email said I would've previously been notified that those items were OOS/canceled. Nope. Didn't happen. Clicked the tracking link and got redirected to their website, and my account's order history still shows the status as "order editing..." instead of shipped. I'm starting to wonder if they had reached the point in time where they would have to cancel my order and "refund" me since it'd been so long, but instead pretended that my order shipped out at the last minute so they could take my money? Their warehouse issues seem to get worse every time I order from them and it's so annoying because I really love their stuff.

Sooo...I received my UD eyeliners from the BF weekend sale, and I wonder why the package is so heavy for just 2 eyeliners.  I open it up...and there is a Naked on the Run palette.  I contacted them to let them know.  Has anyone ever had this happen and do they usually ask you to send back the item?  This isn't something I would have purchased, but if I get to keep it I would love to try it out.  Also, got $20 off a purchase on my hookup card!
Just got a message back from Urban Decay and they told me to keep the palette!  Woo-hoo!  I've never used their lipgloss or mascara so I'm excited to try them out.

I am finally the victim of a package that was "delivered" and is not on my doorstep. I knew this day would come.

What irritates me is that it was delivered at 3:55 and I was walking in my house right at 4. There was never a package and I even checked the whole yard. I called the UPS center and she told me "we have a lot of new drivers. sometimes they get house numbers mixed up and leave it at the wrong place. did you check your neighbors yards or mailboxes?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She implied that it was acceptable for them to mix numbers up.. REALLY? If they don't have the competency to match the number on the box to the number on the house, they should probably work in another place. In a place that doesn't cost people money for their mistakes. And I'm pretty sure it's illegal for me to search my neighbor's yards and go through their mailbox, so no, I did not search their property.

It was a small value package with something I treated myself to during cyber monday. It's not a lot of money, but even a $25 loss is hits me hard this time of year.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and I want to vent somewhere. Maybe it will magically appear sometime. I can hope :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finally the victim of a package that was "delivered" and is not on my doorstep. I knew this day would come.

What irritates me is that it was delivered at 3:55 and I was walking in my house right at 4. There was never a package and I even checked the whole yard. I called the UPS center and she told me "we have a lot of new drivers. sometimes they get house numbers mixed up and leave it at the wrong place. did you check your neighbors yards or mailboxes?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She implied that it was acceptable for them to mix numbers up.. REALLY? If they don't have the competency to match the number on the box to the number on the house, they should probably work in another place. In a place that doesn't cost people money for their mistakes. And I'm pretty sure it's illegal for me to search my neighbor's yards and go through their mailbox, so no, I did not search their property.

It was a small value package with something I treated myself to during cyber monday. It's not a lot of money, but even a $25 loss is hits me hard this time of year.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and I want to vent somewhere. Maybe it will magically appear sometime. I can hope :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've had mine magically appear.  One the next day with the normal delivery and one from my neighbor who found it on her porch.  I actually felt bad because it turned out the light that shows my house numbers was out and it was delivered in the pitch dark (to the neighbors) so I sort of (but not really) understood.  I made my husband put a new bulb in immediately because while my neighbors are awesome, I don't want to make them trudge over here with my bazillion packages!

Fingers crossed that you get it tomorrow!

I would start a claim with them and insist on speaking to a supervisor. I had FedEx do that to me recently (not UPS but they probably have very similar policies) and they were able to track the missing package down within 6 hours - the guy had delivered it to the wrong neighborhood (___ cir. is my address, they sent it to ___ lane which is 10 minutes away). If they refuse to do anything then contact wherever you ordered from. If they're a relatively big retailer they should be willing to start a request for tracing a package with UPS on their end, or be willing to replace your item.

Don't worry yet. I always freak out and assume my package was lost or stolen, and it always shows up the next day or two... the drivers have a tendency to scan things early, and then forget about them. So, I can see something marked "delivered" at 2pm and it won't actually show up until 8pm.

But I would definitely call and make sure you start a claim, so that they can contact the driver and make sure he doesn't have it on the truck still. Otherwise, it might be there for who knows how long, just sitting at the intake location, lonely.

Thanks for the tips. I did start a claim already and email the company I bought it from. I don't even care for the items anymore, I just want the money back.

@@Saffyra I have awesome neighbors too who wouldn't and have never stolen anything. It's a great little neighborhood. I'm hoping it's at one of their places and they just got home late and will drop it by tomorrow. Trying to stay positive.

I think I just had a really bad day and coming home to this just did me in :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Siggghhh. It's almost Christmas.. life will get better!

@@avarier ~ I know your pain.   I have been in my house for 19 years and have never had a package go missing.  So, my day came too and its really annoying because while it gets figured out, I am out of a few bucks and product with no resolution until someone decides.

I had someone take a package off my porch, it was from Newegg so I suspect they thought it was electronics.

Once they opened it and found printer toner they put it back on my porch....closed with a few pieces of scotch tape.  

It might have been delivered to their address first. I opened my door one day to an amazon box and almost tore into it without even seeing that it belonged 2 houses down. (hell I'd keep toner with as expensive as it is ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

That makes me feel better, I guess I shouldn't have assumed the worst. 

I try to think the best about people but I'm time and again proven wrong. So your assumption is probably correct, mine just get me through the day and prevent me from going on mass murdering sprees because generally people are awful.

It might have been delivered to their address first. I opened my door one day to an amazon box and almost tore into it without even seeing that it belonged 2 houses down. (hell I'd keep toner with as expensive as it is ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
Yeah even though 99% of people are awful, I feel like this is a more likely scenario - I doubt anyone who's snatching packages off people's doorsteps would bother returning anything if it turned out to be stuff they didn't "want" since 1) they don't have a moral compass and 2) it would risk them being caught. They'd probably just trash it. I could definitely see myself ripping into a package without reading the label if I lived alone (or with people who don't place online orders).
ETA: on the topic of toner/printer ink, lmao I just remembered a coworker complaining about how it was literally cheaper for him to buy a new printer (cartridge included) than it was for him to get a new cartridge for his old printer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done that multiple times lol. I get a better newer printer for less. Just make sure it says full size toner because some come with half cartridges.

I'm pretty much the opposite - if I don't believe that 99.9% of people are inherently good, I will lose my mind. :blush: I actually assumed that two separate package were stolen by a neighbor and was quite wrong. Now I try to keep a more positive outlook!

That makes me feel better, I guess I shouldn't have assumed the worst. 
One month I had one package a week that wasn't mine delivered to my house (I think my mailman assumes all packages on my street are mine now). I always tear into them, get confused at what I'm looking at, and THEN look at the label. They probably did the same :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back