Black Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the look of a deep, dark, dramatic lip - even in black!

And as one with "delicate" lips - no, make that small or thin!! - I'll pass on it for me. But I think it looks FIERCE with full lips and dark OR pale skin!

I personally wouldn't wear it, though I think it can look good in runway/editorial looks.

I wear black lipstick a lot. For instance, sometimes I'll buy a red that turns out to be a shade that's too bright, I put black under it to darken the color...I use it to change colors as well. Having said that, I've been known to wear it with a sheer gloss or a glittery gloss over it as well...depends where I'm going and what band I'm working with at that moment.

I think that the models on the runway can easily wear it, but I wouldn't wear black lipstick on a normal workday because I think that would draw too much attention, and unless I was wearing some kind of Gothic look I think I would stick to the red and natural colors.

I recently bought a black lipstick. It makes for a great smokey eye when you put black eyeshadow over top...

I have a lack lipstick I got at halloweene.... I wouldn't wear it any other time but then....

Hmm I think I would defenitly try.. and should soon. Itd be interesting, to give it a different kick and not so goth, have it paired with a tanned complexion and some lighter eyes.. and maybe on top of the black lipstick a slight glittered plump gloss.. could give it some dimension. One day soon Ill try it up and post as a fotd
smile.gif

Yep, I just wait for extreme looks to be wearable off the runway. I would definately rock it! I would do a soft eye with liquid liner maybe!
smile.gif
(Obviously out at night only!)

Back